Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 13th December 2007, 23:32   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
In effect, you are saying that they would simply follow that 'no brake' bus around just to look around for the wounded/dead folks
Following a NO-BRAKE vehicle is nothing new for them.
Ever seen them following those ministers' cars with red beacons?
Do they ever brake? Do they have brakes?

Torqy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2007, 23:51   #62

If cops are corrupt, so are we. We, when break rules, we bribe them, even if they do not intend to take money and issue a challan.To save the trouble of going to court we bargain with them as we do with a vegetable seller. The cops have become over the years what we have made them. They expect and extract money from everyone . Because they know we will shell out the money. "Rishwat dena Band Kar Do, Lena Apne Aap Band Ho Jayega"
fiat-jsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2007, 00:07   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In effect, you are saying that they would simply follow that 'no brake' bus around just to look around for the wounded/dead folks, just like the predators in the wild do. Then it is the circle of life, ain't it ?
You betcha!
Thats the way it all goes.. cheers:
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2007, 20:32   #64
BHPian

Never ever in my life i saw a cop (of any department) doing his actual duty

Till date i only thought taking bribes from whomever possible was their duty. I even saw a SI on duty busy taking bribes from the two wheelers on busy Khairtabad circle creating a jam for silly reasons instead of controlling the traffic when the entire area was jammed for over a kilometer in all directions.

I never saw anyone here in Hyderabad praising the cops for whatever reason it might be. Reason: You can't get things done here (You need to bribe the writer even for filing a simple FIR after paying required fee. You have a video from NForce, NTV, a telugu channel on YouTube if you want to look at.)

Things mentioned here are quite surprising to listen.

Also i don't expect these #%#@Q# to change for good in near future.
TrueDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2007, 16:43   #65
BHPian

Saw this post today also.. Great effort from John and unbelievable response from the Cops!! I see a brighter India
Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 00:51   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the signal had changed. so i got into the car & dialled 103 from my cellphone & informed the control room about this rash driver & gave them the Regn number of his mini bus.

. The SI who caught him called me back & enquired about the complaint. WHen i explained it to him, he said we will take care of this guy sir.
All said and done.. You actually called the cops.. while you were driving.. on your cell phone.. Is that not an offence in itself ??

Goddy
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2007, 02:29   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so i got into the car & dialled 103 from my cellphone & informed the control room about this rash driver & gave them the Regn number of his mini bus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
All said and done.. You actually called the cops.. while you were driving.. on your cell phone.. Is that not an offence in itself ??

Goddy
did i say i was driving ?
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2007, 03:07   #68
BHPian

He he he ... See guys.. India started changing... The cop must have checkout my Signature in TBHP

-HCP
HotChillyPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2007, 03:21   #69
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
How are the police to know who is the real culprit in this case? You all assume the man who calls the police is the man in the right. What if someone calls the police on you when he is dead wrong and you are right and he is just getting revenge on you?
I agree with DirtyDan. It is just E_L's word against the mini-bus driver's. That will not hold in a court of law. And "almost rear-ended" could be E_L's perception and personal definition of rash driving. Somebody else, like Ram, may define rash driving as following too closely without maintaining the prescribed distance. Police cannot act on such complaints unless they have first-hand evidence.

What the cops should have done after receiving the complaint from E_L was to follow the bus driver and catch him in the act of rash driving. Then they would have a basis for charging him.
rks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2008, 14:21   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
What the cops should have done after receiving the complaint from E_L was to follow the bus driver and catch him in the act of rash driving. Then they would have a basis for charging him.
So now, we should blame the cops for being active & quick. How sad !! Just goes to show that not all can be satisfied.
Old 2nd January 2008, 14:31   #71
rks
BANNED

Quote:
So now, we should blame the cops for being active & quick. How sad !! Just goes to show that not all can be satisfied.
It is s simple legal issue. E.g. if I go to police with a complaint that so-and-so cut the red light and if the police charge the guy with cutting the red light, it will not stand up in a court of law. The judge will believe the policeman's word, but not somebody else's. I could produce witnesses to the effect that the individual cut the red light, but I am sure that individual could also produce fake witnesses that contradict me.

In your case the police could warn the bus driver on the basis of your complaint, but not charge him. What good will that do? The bus driver can simply deny your charge and how will the police be able to counter that?
rks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2008, 14:40   #72
Senior - BHPian

rks, please try to understand that this was just to share a pleasant experience i had with the traffic cops. Nowhere in this thread was it said that the bus driver was hanged to death based on my phone call. He was stopped by the cops, that is all i need to know & hope that brought some sense into that driver. If every complaint that comes to the cops were to be registered, our already crowded courts would just break down.
Old 2nd January 2008, 15:39   #73
Senior - BHPian

E_L, appreciate your effort in taking the step, instead of just moving on saying 'it ain't my business'!

if we get more pro-active, like this, i think we can make a change.

what the van driver did / police guy did after that is secondary. maybe the van driver bribed the police or the police sent him out with a warning. but atleast from now on the van driver will be a bit careful.
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2008, 22:55   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
what the van driver did / police guy did after that is secondary. maybe the van driver bribed the police or the police sent him out with a warning. but at least from now on the van driver will be a bit careful.
Exactly what i meant, H_W. Thank You.