Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 24th December 2008, 09:28   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrohead View Post
GTO. Imagining the rest gives me goosebumps.

I had a similar incident, the difference was that i was talking about my girlfriends and my mom listened to the whole thing.

One reason is i usually forget to turn my bluetooth on. Keeping it always on leads to
1. Unauthorised entry into phone.
2. Certain mobile viruses spread through BT.
3. Drains cell power.
The other reason why i dont pair it is that i dont really want my co- passengers to listen to my conversations.

Another fact is that i enjoy driving to a great extend that at times i dont even hear my phone ring.
LOlzz it happened to me once but as soon she said hello i switched back to the phone mode and told her to call laterz.

for bluetooth you can pair it with your headset/headunit etcc. and then switch it to invisible mode..
smokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2009, 01:01   #167
Senior - BHPian

Default Wired headset with autoanswer

I tend to get stuck in traffic a lot. I use a wired headset (Nokia - boom) and have configured the phone to autoanswer if the headset is on. The headset is fixed to a pouch for the phone that fits on to the seatbelt. It works wonderfully for me, it is safer than talking to a co-passenger, does not drain the battery, protects privacy and is immune to virus attack. The only drawback is that I cannot see who is calling, a small price to pay.
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 11:10   #168
BHPian

I have read some place that the centre in brain that controls the limbs and speech is same. So it is difficult to negotiate tricky stairs, un-even floors, sudden change in levels, thread a needle, and similar high concentration jobs and talk simultaneously. Talking while driving is ok, we all do that with our co-passengers. The difference in talking on phone is that while your co-passenger know the driving conditions around you, the caller on phone doesn't know that. Your co-passenger will go quiet and let you negotiate the traffic in difficult situations but the caller on the phone will go on talking oblivious of the fact that you need to concentrate on the road.

This is the big cause in lapse of concentration while talking on the phone. the biggest of course is the physical distraction of trying to find the right button and connecting the handsfree cable, etc.

I try and not talk while driving. Only out going calls for me and that too to people who know I can go silent while driving so they don't keep shouting in my ears - where are you?!! Are you listening?!!

This has worked very well for me.
dushmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 01:40   #169
BHPian

Mates

I normally turn my mobile to vibration mode...

its my (most of us) intention to look at my phone and see the incoming call number when it rings, so i simply put it in vibration and drop it in the console, as this does not distract my attention while on drive...

after all whats important is me, my family (Wife and my Baby girl just 2 months old named Piyusha, mycar and oops forgot ... the RULES....

I don't want to fine myself with accidents or challans from traffic cops for the calls from BPO for a free credit card that would land up being a burden to me or a call offering free holiday trip if i visited their office with my wife on a weekend to collect some coupons or a phone call from office asking my whereabouts. I prefer to call them all back to check what the call was regarding and shout for the rupee spent to call them back if the call was of no use to me..... What to do.. I am an Indian who values every rupee earned by self and would only shout back at those calls which were of no purpose but to market....

Nothing is important for me than me, my family and my car...oops the traffic rules for sure and with an indian Heart the public

My suggestion

1) To General Public: Ignore that you ever had a mobile with you while you are driving...

2) Guys capturing SPY Shots... appreciate your efforts but do not risk for something thats going to be revealed soon.. be on the safe side... try to follow the car to a stand still and grab sme posts... I am an enthusiats of SPY Shots but cannot resits giving you some tips.. you are the ones who make T-BHP stand still in the croud

Guys we cannot afford to loose or see T-Bhpians Hurt... for simple reason of using mobile while driving....

Love the community I Belong -T-BHP
Love the nation I Belong - India
Love the ones who gave my birth - May Parents
Love the one who lives for me - My Wife
Love the one Whome I gave Birth - My Daughter
Love the
reitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 12:59   #170
BHPian

I have Blaupunkt Hamburg in my i10. Handset gets automatically paired with HU whenever I am in the car. I can see the phone number displayed on HU for an incoming call. Mic is on the driver side visor, but picks up voice from anywhere in the car. Good noise cancelling capability.

I normally don't make a call while driving.

I use Motorola Bluetooth headset while driving Indica. Again no calls outing while driving. Incoming is fine.

take care and drive safely
rkavthekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 14:04   #171
BHPian

I have a company fitted bluetooth connectivity system in my Indica Vista Anniversary as well as Fiat Linea Emotion Pack which takes care of all calls. The linea even has function to read out SMS which is 'handy'.

In any case, I still try to avoid talking while driving...
akhilesh51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2017, 13:51   #172
BHPian

Default Re: How do you manage your phone calls while driving?

Let me shake up an old thread

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...le18470479.ece
Nalin1 is offline   Reply With Quote