Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 19th July 2005, 11:11   #31
Senior - BHPian

man dadude if you think scorpio has got good handling then i cannot say anything, that car cannot even "handle" at 60-80kmph let alone 140!!!
would never take that one on the highway
iceman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2005, 11:39   #32
Awaiting Email Confirmation

hahahhaah scorpio being considered as a race vehicle,
were you guys talking about the scale down version at model art
SCARLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2005, 12:23   #33
Senior - BHPian

dude , braking down from 70 to dodge a car slowing down last night i cars tail felt like it wanted to get ahead of the nose...
not a good handler ..braking is pathetic...they should limit its speed to a max 80..
but its a nice car to "chill" ona guys night out...its spacious and cheap to run..
turbo_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2005, 13:48   #34
BANNED

basically the revving of that car is just to great
dadudeonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2005, 16:32   #35
BHPian

Personally, i think that the car is a decent attempt at a good quality car from M&M, but it still needs so many improvements... and DESPERATELY needs ABS... the thing locks up quite easily... and if its rained, god help you if you're trying an emergency braking in that death-trap.
aveek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2005, 16:35   #36
Senior - BHPian

what sucks is...if your driving a bit fast over standing water ...all the water splashes on the cars owh windscreen ...i was quite surprised how this would happen...
any had this experience before? fault in the design?
Old 19th July 2005, 18:11   #37
BANNED

ohh yeah dude..was going to gujarat a month back...speed of 120-140 on the highway ....and whenever too much water was there on the road ..obviously were cant stop the car completely...applied the breaks...come down to 80 thhen the water tould splash and come on the windscreen...and 1ce we lost control coz of this...like my brother was driving..and was raining very heavily...dis is a day before that gujarat ka news came out..floodz and all...brother was like..i can keep the car in control i know what im doing n all...120-140 speed HEAVY RAINS...trucks around...and suddenly the water splashed on the windscreen and hez just starin at me for 5 secondz not knowing what to do ..couldnt ssee anything high speed and just said that he can control evrething...hehehe was damn funny
Old 19th July 2005, 20:31   #38
Senior - BHPian

Wouldn't have been so funny if you guys had gotten hurt.

120-140 in heavy rain? Brother, experienced drivers like Iceman and Psycho slow down to 50 in the rain, and stop sometimes. You're nothing less than suicidal if you try WRC stunts in those conditions, more so in Mahindra's turbo-bullock cart.

Just to clarify, your Scorpio is a DI TD? How do you call the revving great?
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2005, 22:41   #39
Senior - BHPian

Guys finally drove the scorpio today. I felt really weird, mayb cuz itz the first time. But it did seep quiet stable and able at speends arnd 80. Didn't take it more than that. My frnd who owns it told me that the steering is way too dangerous at high speeds. A slight twitch and tats it.....wonder if its all that bad?
karthik247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2005, 22:48   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A slight twitch and tats it.....wonder if its all that bad?
its not THAT bad
I have driven it at some high speeds (around 100kmph)
the car is very good in straight line but as you said it is wierd
mainly because you seat at a very high position & at high speed the steering gets lighter & anyone in their right mind wouldn't want to turn that car above 80 but i am pretty sure the car won't flip with a small twitch
adya33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2005, 22:56   #41
Senior - BHPian

got to agree about the power steering...it has the electric power steering with but has no speed sensitivity ...
it feels stable doing a 100k's (took it to 110max) but only in a straight line...
Old 20th July 2005, 01:43   #42
BANNED

i meant as a diesel car it is just too good and about going to gujarat , my brother could see whats there ahead as it was a highway and hardly any cars around ...so he was quite chilled and driving fast , was straight hard hardly any curves so was pretty easy but was really funny when he couldn't see a thing and just staring at me what to do hehehe
Old 23rd July 2005, 15:32   #43
BHPian

Hey guys just drove my friends new Scorpio this morning on ring road...it was 6:30 in the morning and nobody was on the roads...I just took a curve at around 65-70 and the car had so much weight pushing outwards that i could hardly hold on to the steering...it looked like if i hadnt slowed down and straightened up the car it would have just tipped over!!!

My friend wants me to drive the car for a trip to mysore among us friends but i said "NO THANK YOU!!!"...will take my ikon instead...
speedfreak7116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2005, 15:42   #44
Senior - BHPian

hehe yeah dude you dont do fast corners in a Scorpio or else its tail will overtake its nose ..but the CRDe scorpio is very much improved ...despite the poor ergonomic interior design..the engine is very perky and feels very refined ...cabin is very quiet too eh..
its a good buy at that price way better than the safari (will be )
Old 23rd July 2005, 18:02   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but the CRDe scorpio is very much improved ...despite the poor ergonomic interior design..the engine is very perky and feels very refined ...cabin is very quiet too eh..
its a good buy at that price way better than the safari (will be )
I don't think Scorpio was lagging in power department compared to others
however it is lagging in brakes & handling department

is that improved in CRDe ?
adya33 is offline   Reply With Quote