Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Closed Thread

Old 22nd January 2008, 10:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Good one.. rippergeo

what u have witnessed is a once in a life time event !! I mean how many times in our life time can we see all the usual suspects on the road having a go at each other - bikewala, scorpio wala, Innova wala and last but not the least - rickshaw wala !!
Old 22nd January 2008, 10:21   #17
BHPian

Default Mad Mumbai

In a mad mad Mumbai, it is a very common site to see ppl suddenly stopping on a very narrow road to argue with each other. I have had a similar experience where I slightly nudged a Maruti esteem and the driver just came out of the car, stopped me, inspected his car to see if there was any damage. However to his dismay, there was none... But the funny part was he continued to argue with me saying "aagar kuch ho jata to?" (Translated - What if something would have happened?). I just told him 'Maaf karo yaar. Kuch hua nahi hai. Aagar aap chao to vapis try karu' (Translation - Sorry, but nothing has happened but if U wish I can try again). To my surprise, the crowd which had gathered by then just laughed off and told him to move the car...
Old 22nd January 2008, 10:44   #18
jat
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
....'Maaf karo yaar. Kuch hua nahi hai. Aagar aap chao to vapis try karu' (...

(I generally avoid smilies - but this time can't help it)
Old 22nd January 2008, 11:18   #19
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
In a mad mad Mumbai, it is a very common site to see ppl suddenly stopping on a very narrow road to argue with each other. I have had a similar experience where I slightly nudged a Maruti esteem and the driver just came out of the car, stopped me, inspected his car to see if there was any damage. However to his dismay, there was none... But the funny part was he continued to argue with me saying "aagar kuch ho jata to?" (Translated - What if something would have happened?). I just told him 'Maaf karo yaar. Kuch hua nahi hai. Aagar aap chao to vapis try karu' (Translation - Sorry, but nothing has happened but if U wish I can try again). To my surprise, the crowd which had gathered by then just laughed off and told him to move the car...
this happens all the time, no damage would have occurred, but they still insist on arguing, was never quick witted enough to retort that way. now,I have a ready answer
Old 23rd January 2008, 10:07   #20
BHPian

today morning 23/01/2008 i had an bad experience. for going to infosys mysore in the outer ring road of mysore there is a circle , a honda city old model blue in colour came from opposite side and turned his car towards the outer ring road, i saw him taking that turn , i admit that i was in 40 to 50 kmph speed , but there was enough space to overtake him, so i simply overtake him thats to in correct side that is right hand side , after few distance that honda city, crossed me and stopped infront of me. An elderly person probably in his 40's came out , started shouting at us (me and my wife), he said "are u trying to hit my car " what the hell why i will try to hit somebody's car when i love my car so much .. that guy kept on shouting , asking me where i am from , i said i am from orissa, then he started saying "this is karnataka, this is no orissa, you will get a thrashing if you drive like this" myself and my wife were in complete shock, we were having normal chatting and going to office only thing i did was i overtook him thats to on the right hand side , if i could have done it from left hand side i was in fault... man this is the way some old karnatak people behave , when people will understand that we live in one country called india. it really shooked me , probably i will take a transfer to bbsr next year ,already there have been incident where other state people have been rudely behaved in bangalore. i am giving my promise to my mother, if that again comes up infront of me , either he lives or myself , while writing this i wanted to use all sorts of slang, probably he made my day bad for no reason of mine, why in earth i will try to hit somebody's else car as if my car is immune to damage,as if i hit another car my car will not get damage. i am not generalizing my idea towards karnataka people , but some elderly people do behave very rudely to other state people , i dont know its intensional or not, i dont what to do with state when u r driving .. man i was with my wife going to our respective office , why i will hit somebody's else car .... i dont know how to recompose myself ...
Old 23rd January 2008, 10:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutCARS View Post
he said "are u trying to hit my car " what the hell why i will try to hit somebody's car when i love my car so much .. that guy kept on shouting , asking me where i am from , i said i am from orissa, then he started saying "this is karnataka, this is no orissa, you will get a thrashing if you drive like this" myself and my wife were in complete shock,
Sorry to hear about the incident. What u should have done is ignore the chap and moved on, especially when he asks questions like which state are you from.. I mean you are not answerable to him and he has no business asking personal questions.

The other day, a security guard in a multiplex was trying to pick an argument with me. I tried to speak politely. But when he started raising his voice, I quietly powered up my window and made hand gestures indicating that I cant hear him anymore .That quietened him down nice and fast.
Old 23rd January 2008, 10:39   #22
Senior - BHPian

Madaboutcars - Sorry about the incident. But, look at it this way. Maybe the guy got sacred. I've seen many drivers taking a wide turn and then come back to the extreme right lane. Maybe that was his intention and your overtaking caught him off guard. I know it NEVER justifies his behavior, but what can you do? Get on with your life my friend. Why make your own life miserable on account of others. You are upset no doubt, but you'll get over it.
On a lighter note, my father will take great offense if you call a 40 year old guy elderly.
Old 23rd January 2008, 10:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday on my way from haji ali to ghatkopar i boarded bus number 385.
The fare for the trip is 11 rupees.I had a 10 rupee note and a 20 rupee note.I gave the 20 one to the conductor
He was like 'change nahi hai kya'?
i said nahi hai change
He said 'neeche utro bus ke'
I was shocked.
He kept yelling at me as if it was a crime in india not to have the exact change
Then i lost it.I told him 'tumhare paas 20 rupiya ka change nahi hai aur tum bus chalane nikle'
On this he goes like 'jyada awaj mat kar.Change laa warna utar'
Pointed my finger right at him and threw a 20 rupee note at him and asked him to keep the rest as charity.
He was shocked.Everyone around thought i gave him a nice lesson.Off i took the ticket and sat down.
When i was going to get down the conductor comes towards me and goes like change chahiye..change chahiye
i just looked at him and he goes 'chal change ka baccha aage jaa'
THAT DID IT MAN
Held his collar and gave him a earful.He was soo bloody scared.I was about to slap him but some passengers came in between and blew the daylights out of him.
BEST conductors are really the worst.
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:26   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Yesterday on my way from haji ali to ghatkopar i boarded bus number 385.
The fare for the trip is 11 rupees.I had a 10 rupee note and a 20 rupee note.I gave the 20 one to the conductor
He was like 'change nahi hai kya'?
i said nahi hai change
He said 'neeche utro bus ke'
I was shocked.
He kept yelling at me as if it was a crime in india not to have the exact change
Then i lost it.I told him 'tumhare paas 20 rupiya ka change nahi hai aur tum bus chalane nikle'
On this he goes like 'jyada awaj mat kar.Change laa warna utar'
Pointed my finger right at him and threw a 20 rupee note at him and asked him to keep the rest as charity.
He was shocked.Everyone around thought i gave him a nice lesson.Off i took the ticket and sat down.
When i was going to get down the conductor comes towards me and goes like change chahiye..change chahiye
i just looked at him and he goes 'chal change ka baccha aage jaa'
THAT DID IT MAN
Held his collar and gave him a earful.He was soo bloody scared.I was about to slap him but some passengers came in between and blew the daylights out of him.
BEST conductors are really the worst.
I know how you would have felt but my advice is dont ever physically even touch anyone. If he goes to the police and complains that you physically abused him, its a non-bailable offence especially if he is a SC or ST. Hope you know what that means. You have to prove your innocence. He doesnt have to prove you guilty.

I really had to control myself yesterday night when a moron kept on honking. I got down from the bike, went upto him and asked him what he meant by honking so much. The matter ended right there.
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:39   #25
BHPian

Too good experience that really made me smile and we are also seeing lots of brave people on team-bhp who are able to stand up with the situations.

Half the time the fight between drivers starts mostly out of fear rather than anger, i mostly lose my temper when somebody cuts me and overtakes, making me to swerve to the sides or put to abrupt stops. only once i had tried to overtake him and had a verbal fight with him, otherwise i let it go mumbling all the word i know
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:40   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Madaboutcars - Sorry about the incident. But, look at it this way. Maybe the guy got sacred. I've seen many drivers taking a wide turn and then come back to the extreme right lane. Maybe that was his intention and your overtaking caught him off guard. I know it NEVER justifies his behavior, but what can you do? Get on with your life my friend. Why make your own life miserable on account of others. You are upset no doubt, but you'll get over it.
On a lighter note, my father will take great offense if you call a 40 year old guy elderly.
yeah you are correct, he might not have thought that somebody will overtake him or he might have thought that i am bit far away , but i took him to suprise when i was immediately on his right ... yeah it make sense but anyway it was he who was absent minded , anway we need to get over this. And my aveo has to be blamed also, its so silent , i have seen lot of times people taken absolutely off gaurd when silently overtake them, but my wife also got annoyed when he started that "state" thing.. anyway we have to get over it ..
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:49   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutCARS View Post
today morning 23/01/2008 i had an bad experience...i dont know how to recompose myself ...
MAC, just forget the incident. Not to generalise, but many people in karnataka (localites) feel that they are doing a service to rest of the world by letting others (non-localites) live / work here. I am sure all of us have come across such narrow minded guys.

There is no use working yourself up. As read somewhere, you are the one responsible for making yourself angry - just refuse to be angry and try to get that happening out of ur mind.

as shuvd said, he might have got scared because he might not have had proper control of his vehicle. so, just let it pass. the only damage that happened here is to your health.

I also had a similar incident - way back in early 2006 - i take my car to the left toward the pedastrian path to park. there is an elderly man (~45-50 years) standing. He is standing on the road and is exactly in my path. I look at him and he just stands there. didnt honk, but moved the vehicle slowly towards him, he stands there and stares at me. i stare back. after few seconds i start moving again and he moved off. I park. this guy, hearnign me and my friend talk in malalayam, starts off in kanada saying, "these malayalee are ruining bangalore; he made me move off the bus stop (DUH!), blah, blah,blah!!!".

my friend wanted to go and argue, but stopped that and just looked at the old guy and told him that he is pathetic and i do not blame him. he understood and said nothing after that!

Last edited by GTO : 23rd January 2008 at 17:25. Reason: Do NOT Abuse...whether directly or indirectly, on this forum. Thanks
HappyWheels is offline   Received Infraction
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:49   #28
BHPian

Quote:
An elderly person probably in his 40's came out , started shouting at us (me and my wife), he said "are u trying to hit my car " what the hell why i will try to hit somebody's car when i love my car so much .. that guy kept on shouting , asking me
The old man has taken a nice Chamak (which they call in kannada) i hope old man was not expecting to be overteken, once he saw you overtaking him he might have been shattered or scared like hell, and his blood pressure might have gone up hence all this.

Quote:
man this is the way some old karnatak people behave , when people will understand that we live in one country called india.
I don't agree to this statement, not only in karnataka throughout the country the old chaps act in the same way, coz they would be in there own dreamy world while driving, as they cannot handle sudden shocks on the road.

Quote:
that guy kept on shouting , asking me where i am from , i said i am from orissa, then he started saying "this is karnataka, this is no orissa, you will get a thrashing if you drive like this"
First of all you shouldn't have answered this at all, next time when some asks tell them this "Namdhu idhe ooru yenri nimge kastha hogi hogi nimma kekasa nodkond hogi"
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:59   #29
BHPian

@someshb: That was a good one.
@rippergeo: That was a great write up. You DO HAVE a flair for writing.

-- Torqy
Old 23rd January 2008, 12:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
"Namdhu idhe ooru yenri nimge kastha hogi hogi nimma kekasa nodkond hogi"
What does that mean?
Closed Thread