Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Closed Thread

Old 23rd January 2008, 12:36   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
tell them this "Namdhu idhe ooru yenri nimge kastha hogi hogi nimma kekasa nodkond hogi"
Spelling mistake :-)

Namdhu idhe ooru, yenri nimge kastha, hogi hogi nimma keLasa nodkond hogi
Old 23rd January 2008, 12:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
What does that mean?
"Namdhu idhe ooru, yenri nimge kastha, hogi hogi nimma keLasa nodkond hogi "
it translates to
I'm from this place only, Whatz wrong with you? just move ahead

Last edited by sushrutha : 23rd January 2008 at 12:43.
Old 23rd January 2008, 12:40   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Spelling mistake :-)

Namdhu idhe ooru, yenri nimge kastha, hogi hogi nimma keLasa nodkond hogi
Sorry gowdre a typo thanks for correcting
Old 23rd January 2008, 14:02   #34
BHPian

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
MAC, just forget the incident. Not to generalise, but many people in karnataka (localites) feel that they are doing a service to rest of the world by letting others (non-localites) live / work here. I am sure all of us have come across such narrow minded a**h***s.
I am not sure of your experiences in Karnataka, But I thought this Forum should not be targetting any section of people (are mods of this forum seeing this...), The problem is not only with Karnataka, it exists in ALL states and all Countries and the problem really is with certain people and not which state / caste / country they belong to. Request you to think broad before writing.
Old 24th January 2008, 11:45   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by someshb View Post
I am not sure of your experiences in Karnataka, But I thought this Forum should not be targetting any section of people (are mods of this forum seeing this...), The problem is not only with Karnataka, it exists in ALL states and all Countries and the problem really is with certain people and not which state / caste / country they belong to. Request you to think broad before writing.
Somesh,

I did not target any section of people as a whole. Every place / society has its share of bad apples but I have come across more bad apples in Bangalore than anywhere else.

It is a know fact that every state is in love with itself; guess it is not the people's doing but the way that things are highlighted (by media / politicians / etc). Divide and rule!

I know this is a sensitive topic and does not go well with everyone, which is the reason why I told that I am not generalizing. Apologies if I have hurt yours / or anyones sentiment.

And your request for me to think broad, well mate, if my thoughts were not broad enough I am sure I would have been beaten to death on the roads of Bangalore a long time back!

Last edited by HappyWheels : 24th January 2008 at 11:48.
Old 24th January 2008, 12:10   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutCARS View Post
after few distance that honda city, crossed me and stopped infront of me. An elderly person probably in his 40's came out , started shouting at us (me and my wife), he said "are u trying to hit my car " what the hell why i will try to hit somebody's car when i love my car so much .. that guy kept on shouting , asking me where i am from , i said i am from orissa...
MAC,
One thing is for sure. I really don't care what the other guy did was correct or wrong. You and your family safety comes first. In a situation like above, I would strongly suggest to roll up your window and lock all the doors and remain seated inside the car. There is absolutely no point in debating with these people...
Old 24th January 2008, 14:21   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
First of all you shouldn't have answered this at all, next time when some asks tell them this "Namdhu idhe ooru yenri nimge kastha hogi hogi nimma kekasa nodkond hogi"
Eh. Why should anyone lie about what place he/she belongs to? If everyone were to stay in the same city where they were born and brought up, many big cities like Bangalore, Pune etc would still be nothing more than small towns. I have come to accept the fact that its easy for a city to expand its horizons... but its near impossible for people of the city to expand their outlook.

Anyway, no point in

MAC buddy, there is no point in letting such people get to you. Forgive them, for they know not what they are doing.
Old 24th January 2008, 14:38   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Eh. Why should anyone lie about what place he/she belongs to?

To avoid unwanted talks and fight one shouldn't tell your personal details
and ya if one has the ability of argueing and wasting his/her time on the road can do it, its his/her wish but this is what i felt,

As somesh suggested i hope mods are looking at this thread ( there is lot of talks going on the other states) it is getting sensitive post by post its high time they decide to close the thread or not..

thanks

pradeep
Old 24th January 2008, 14:45   #39
Team-BHP Support

This thread ain't funny no more, closing.
Closed Thread