Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 28th January 2008, 17:29   #16
BHPian

[quote=benbsb29;702969
P.S. : On a lighter note, stay away from Skodas. Looks like your car and Skodas dont get along together. [/quote]

Or is it that "Skodas Love Abhi's Car". Just Kidding

Chill out Buddy. Don't worry. Atleast its not life threatning, isnt it. We have more worries in life than to worry about others action.
lambuhere1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 17:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default The way it is.

Why do people do things like that? Because that is the way it is, Jack.

Meanwhile please fully fill out your profile as to where you live. I do not want to be near you in a thunder storm.
DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 18:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
...This reminds me of one more BHPipan Manikjeet who used to get banging on his car/s on front, back, side everywhere.
OT:

Hey Snaronikar,

Don't bring Manikjeet here.

With all our advices and 'holy' advices, that poor chap stopped tell us all his adventures.

But, my guess is that he is the T-BHPian of the year for 'getting the most number of hits'. Guess this year has more candidates!
HappyWheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 18:25   #19

Unhappy

Are you by any chance in Pune .... ???

This happens to me everytime I get my car out and into the city or to some mall and it gets hammered by 2 wheelers all over and by other drivers in car parks who are careless .... every scratch and dent has a story of its own to tell ....

I do a lot of long distance with my family and they are hassle (read - scratch, dent) free.

Thats why I am planning to get myself a Tata Xenon soon !

Take it easy and do a spell of "pranayam" everyday - helps to keep your blood pressure and tension low and take these in your stride ....
rrangan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 18:32   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
P.S. : On a lighter note, stay away from Skodas. Looks like your car and Skodas dont get along together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Or is it that "Skodas Love Abhi's Car". Just Kidding
i think reason behind it maybe i use dipper and overtake them and they get jealous that a small car over took them.

For instance yesterday while coming back from party i was at about 120 or so and a guy in front of me in skoda laura didnt gave me side so after a lot of dipper he moved to left side and pushed his accelerator while i was overtaking him @ 50 in 5th gear with 6 people on board. People don't understand that someone can be in a hurry. Had to slot down to 2nd and waste some precious fuel and over take him.

And this is not all there was merc S class with red light which was doing insane speeds of 160 or so and i thought to follow him as he has Chandigarh number plate but a guy in Scorpio just wont let me pass by him and hes driving @ just 80.

Quote:
This reminds me of one more BHPipan Manikjeet who used to get banging on his car/s on front, back, side everywhere.
That is a total different story lol. he likes to bang others where as i get banged by others. I drive pretty slow and cool minded whereas he is like FIRE always heavy footed.

@amitoj and DirtyDan i live in Chandigarh. One of the best roads. Can do 100+ easily on roads 50% of the time during day or night.

@HappyWheels, ikoneer, Lalvaz when i got the car out on 16 october it was scratch less and i went to temple. I think i will have to go again.

@LandCruiser brother very sorry to hear that same types of things are happening to you tooo.

Quote:
simply_sunny001 and you have a big heart forgiving people for all this.
I think that comes in me from my dad. Even after so many scratches and stuff he still says in punjabi tone "Gaddiyan toh thuken leyi hi baniyan hain".

Quote:
This reminds me of one more BHPipan Manikjeet who used to get banging on his car/s on front, back, side everywhere.

"Skodas Love Abhi's Car"

But, my guess is that he is the T-BHPian of the year for 'getting the most number of hits'. Guess this year has more candidates!

I have a creative nano, and the stock earphones are drowned out because people at the gym like to listen to kaanta lagaa at full volume.
All these statements made me feel gud . I was so pissed yesterday while coming back from party i did 70+ KM in just 50 mins or so.

I am gonna see if rubbing helps get rid of the scratches from yesterday.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 18:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

Oh lot of minor accidents within no time. I suggest you put Hanumaan photo or sticker in the car, I am sure your problem will be solved in no time

All the best!

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 18:44   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post

he likes to bang others where as i get banged by others.

You both make a fine pair then.
wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 19:18   #23

Default sorry for your terrible mishaps. it must have been very difficult to get over them...

The next after the above incident i was at MALL and my car was parked at the side some RICH BRAT (Girl) -

out of curiosity, why did you mention that the rich brat was a girl?? I don't recall you mentioning the gender of the driver in your other snippets
artful dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 19:27   #24
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler View Post

You both make a fine pair then.
well, i would just avoid driving for a few days. i usually take these as warnings of bigger approaching disasters...
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 22:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artful dodger View Post
The next after the above incident i was at MALL and my car was parked at the side some RICH BRAT (Girl) -

out of curiosity, why did you mention that the rich brat was a girl?? I don't recall you mentioning the gender of the driver in your other snippets
i clearly mentions 2 skoda guys were racing + an old man around 70+ was driving. 2 guys on motorcycle duh ?
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2008, 17:39   #26
BHPian

Oh my gosh! That's a lot of bumps! If I were in your place I'd go nuts over them.

You have a lot of patience,a good thing. But then on the bright side,it's better to repair them all in one go.

Lets just say that was a unlucky period,but then now its past and wont come again.

cya
A
Absar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2008, 04:44   #27
BHPian

Hey man,
i went through something similar some time back.
Car just came back from servicing after a interior and exterior cleaning and polishing and i was on top of the world...That very same day, a taxi innova jumped a signal and banged right into me...!@#$%^^&*
Felt so bad that day. My headlight was gone (replaced it) but have a very bad dent around the headlight area. (Will post a pic soon, may in some woerd way make you feel better )
This is the only dent on my entire car which has been with me since 2 yrs and with my family since 9 yrs (thats why the poilshing and interior & Exterior cleaning )
Now, since that day, my car has undergone similar treatment like yours and is scratched all over, a few from my side while parking, but major ones from similar incidents like yours.
If its any help, i havnt gotten my car repainted yet and nowdays it doesnt hurt as much when it gets scratched (but it does hurt)

My suggestion is same as a few others, let all the scratches build up, that way you wont feel very bad, and when your sick of it, get the repainting done.

On a positive note, i am now thinking of the repainting for my car
Hope this post makes you feel better and helps, Cheers.
Xehaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2008, 04:47   #28
BHPian

O, i left out a bit of my experience though, just to make you smile.
After that innova hit me, seeing me and my kid cousins in the car, he started freakin yelling at me and telling people its my fault!

Took him to the police station to register the FIR for his insurance purpose as i DEFINATELY was not paying him for the damage and in front of the cop there, coughed it all out and admitted that he jumped the light as a car ahead of him had jumped it
Xehaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2008, 09:37   #29
BANNED

You guys are still lucky as you guys own smaller cars. I own a Mercedes Benz E Class and I have so many scratches and dents. :(

I mostly park my car in the building and most of them have happened in the building. I wish all those guys the most horrible of deaths. When peole bang me I do nothing but go away quietly.

I will tell you one instance. Once a truck hit me. I went to the Police Station to file a FIR. The cops told me that I hit the truck. I had a lot of costly damage and the truck had a few scratches.

A single cratch repair costs between 7550-10000/-. The whole repaint would cost many lakhs. :(
supercars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2008, 10:06   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
OT:

Hey Snaronikar,

Don't bring Manikjeet here.

With all our advices and 'holy' advices, that poor chap stopped tell us all his adventures.

i haven't stopped my adventures its just that my exam areoming and the whole year i haven't studied a bit

and bro it happens i know how care full you are about your car but hota hai you cann't do anything

and you forgot to mention about the two scratches gifted to you by my lab.
manikjeet is offline   Reply With Quote