Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2008, 16:02   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
Ajaybiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,354
Thanked: 140 Times
Default

Anyways new Mall came at Koramangala near Sony world and one more is coming infront of that from SJR builders.
In Sarjapur road also one Mall(Total) came up and may be within 2-3 weeks they will start operations, near ORR junction(just in front of Shobha apartments) also few builders are planning Mall after removing some godowns over there, so be ready for more traffic jams and crowd in outer skuds too.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 16:16   #17
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: @ Driver's Seat @
Posts: 679
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Looks like quiet a few from tbhp were caught in that jam anymore???

+1 In here. Got stuck in there for more than a hour. I hate these jams. Even though they have multi level parking for Oasis Lifestyle, it does not cater to the said demand.

Mind your vehicles if anyone is going to Oasis lifestyle multilevel parking. The bends are tooo sharp and there might be some few kisses to your vehicles. Been there again on Sunday due to home ministers command.

Dont remind me of Kempfort guys, I travel Airport rd daily. Dread to dream about it.
lambuhere1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 16:51   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
sushrutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chikmagalur/Ban
Posts: 1,702
Thanked: 322 Times
Default

Oopsss ... Loks like many TBHPians were caught in the same place at almost same time, We should have had an unplanned T-BHP meet over there :-)
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 16:52   #19
BHPian
 
jvsatish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 33
Thanked: 0 Times
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Isn't it madatory for malls to have sufficient parking facilities for patrons in order to get their permits. AFAIK, all malls in Delhi/NCR have parking spaces within themselves.

\N
Hi ntomer!, I really dont know whether its mandatory by law to have a parking space when you have a mall, but going by the way things are in Bangalore - it doesnt seem to be so. Every store, big or small, malls, eateries, no one seems to be bothered about parking space. Its a nightmare to find parking nowadays and that kills the joy of driving also!!
jvsatish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 18:20   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
kaushik_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,061
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Thanks to my stars,I've shifted before that mall got open,otherwise it was my daily route to office.I was thinking that time itself that how the traffic condition will be once the mall comes into operation. Actually I went that side on Sunday and came back by 9pm around, so couldn't see much traffic.Or may be people got scared of the traffic jam's on Saturday and decided to stay out of it.
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 20:03   #21
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,492
Thanked: 6,769 Times
Default

Me too.

Bad scene yesterday evening 7 pm, one thing i dont understand is the logic behind entry and exit, the exit comes first (in the direction of traffic) and entry comes second. Practically this creates a loop and chaos!!

Exiting cars have to cut through Q'ed up cars from entry. Beats my logic, unless they wanted to avoid abrupt Right/U turns from exit point OR wanted people to spend long enough time admiring the building or get down on front while the drivers park the car lol???
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 20:10   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
msdivy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,426
Thanked: 771 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
....
one thing i dont understand is the logic behind entry and exit, the exit comes first (in the direction of traffic) and entry comes second. Practically this creates a loop and chaos!!

Exiting cars have to cut through Q'ed up cars from entry. Beats my logic, unless they wanted to avoid abrupt Right/U turns from exit point OR wanted people to spend long enough time admiring the building or get down on front while the drivers park the car lol???
I think this has got to do with Police/BBMP rules. Our office is on one-way and entrance came before exit. But the police forced us to change. Now, exit comes before entrance and the loop you mentioned, was created.
I think it will be like this, till some sanity creeps into our Police rules.
msdivy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 20:38   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
govigov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin!!!!!
Posts: 1,271
Thanked: 382 Times
Default

+1 here, was at the airport road at 7:40 took the domlur flyover to koromangala, got stuck in the jam, just before the first bend of the s curves. took me about 30 minutes to cross the ejipura signal. and another 20 to cross the sony world signal..

the mall was having a nice light show though.
govigov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2008, 10:05   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,652
Thanked: 242 Times
Default

Its mandatory by law for mixed land use and commercial establishments to provide for the parking but town/ urban planning !!!! whats that bro.

We see commercial complexes in residential areas and land conversion being done so often that the planning goes for a toss, thats the real problem.

Grease on the hand works everywhere in India, if you want your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvsatish View Post
Hi ntomer!, I really dont know whether its mandatory by law to have a parking space when you have a mall, but going by the way things are in Bangalore - it doesnt seem to be so. Every store, big or small, malls, eateries, no one seems to be bothered about parking space. Its a nightmare to find parking nowadays and that kills the joy of driving also!!
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2008, 13:01   #25
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,492
Thanked: 6,769 Times
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
I think this has got to do with Police/BBMP rules. Our office is on one-way and entrance came before exit. But the police forced us to change. Now, exit comes before entrance and the loop you mentioned, was created.
I think it will be like this, till some sanity creeps into our Police rules.
Any idea why? Ridiculous i say
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2008, 13:05   #26
BHPian
 
Prithvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 301
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Am one among them who HATES traffic and try hard to stay away from it(its not practical. On Saturday i went to Koramangala around 7ish, though i knew it was not the right time to venture out on a weekend but took a chance, to my horror it was hell out on the roads it took about 20mins to reach from Marathalli to the ring road, but from Egpura signal to the Koramangala 80ft road which is hardly any distance took me about 30mins!!! Thanks to the new mall which has opened there recently (i think its lifestyle??) cars were parked on the road... am sure this would be a common scene from now on. Situation is same near innovative multiplex, Marathalli….

People are constructing malls etc which attracts lots of people but don't have sufficient parking for the vehicles.

God save this city!
I too went through the same thing on sunday evening at 7pm. Wify wanted check the new mall, and i cursed that never again will i go to a mall. the new Oasis Centre mall really sucks bad, it was so crowded and they had switched off the a/c in the spar super market on the 3rd floor. When are we going to learn ????????????????

Took me an hour to get in from the EGPURA junction to the mall. God help us.

Mera Bharath Mahan.

No more malls for me ever.
Prithvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2008, 19:35   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
lohithrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kudla/Mangaluru
Posts: 3,124
Thanked: 161 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithvi View Post
I too went through the same thing on sunday evening at 7pm. Wify wanted check the new mall, and i cursed that never again will i go to a mall. the new Oasis Centre mall really sucks bad, it was so crowded and they had switched off the a/c in the spar super market on the 3rd floor. When are we going to learn ????????????????

Took me an hour to get in from the EGPURA junction to the mall. God help us.

Mera Bharath Mahan.

No more malls for me ever.
Can undertand the frustuation you went through Prithvi, i took my bike instead of car (save timeeee)thinking will give a visit to pvr and try my luck if i get to watch any movie but my plans changed at EGpura signal

After getting out of the jam i thought will give a try at pvr, for my bad luck parking lot at forum was FULL!....cant have a better day..evening hehehe

Its better to sit at home on weekends, for long was thinking of setting up a good home theater (obv at home). guess now the time has come...hehe

Last edited by lohithrao : 5th February 2008 at 19:39. Reason: spelling
lohithrao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2008, 19:38   #28
BHPian
 
kousik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 200
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
i dont understand is the logic behind entry and exit, the exit comes first (in the direction of traffic) and entry comes second.
Beats me too. I guess (1) if there is an entry queue, they pile up in front of your building instead of your neighbour's (2) if anyone misses the first gate, he still have enough time to enter the building

Kousik
kousik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2008, 19:43   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
msdivy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,426
Thanked: 771 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Any idea why? Ridiculous i say
Quote:
Originally Posted by kousik View Post
Beats me too. I guess (1) if there is an entry queue, they pile up in front of your building instead of your neighbour's (2) if anyone misses the first gate, he still have enough time to enter the building

Kousik
Almost all buildings, hotels (with 2 gates) in Bangalore have this convention. It might have worked before but now they have to change this.
msdivy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2008, 19:45   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,045
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

I went to Forum on Sunday afternoon and parking was easy and in general crowd was less, thanks to lifestyle mall. I think after the initial euphoria, the crowd will reduce in lifestyle mall. As more and more malls open up, the mad rush will hopefully come down.
hondadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Make a Deal" Fraud in Hyderabad Malls sanjayk Shifting gears 6 6th May 2011 15:35
Mitsubishi Motors to Setup Ralliart Outlets in Indian Malls powercrzy Indian Motorsport 12 23rd April 2008 17:40
Artistic Chaos ragingbull Introduce yourself 8 6th July 2006 16:06


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:00.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks