Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 21st June 2011, 00:07   #211
BANNED

Default Re: Maximum distance without a break

Very nice topic, But i would say, lets not talk about Heroics doing insane things...

I would suggest, a normal Human body has certain limitations. If we are going to defy this and claim to be heroes here on this Forum. Sorry.......!

I have my cousin, who's done 1200 miles at a stretch , but thats in the US.

I have completed one way distance NON-STOP , Bangalore-Chennai on a 42 yr old car, Blame it on Chennai roads, you can keep going without a stress or a Break.

I have done Bangalore - Tirupathi which is approximately 330kms without a break.

Anyone try doing Bangalore-Mysore which is 127 kms without a break, its just not possible, your body takes a lot of toll doing this stretch.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 21st June 2011 at 00:08.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 06:48   #212
Senior - BHPian

I did yesterday 875 Kms in 14 Hours, mix of single lane and double lane roads.

Even though fatigue was setting in towards the end, but wasn't difficult.

Cheers
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 16:46   #213
Senior - BHPian

Interesting discussion.

Going by the condition of the roads and traffic in India I am sure its a hard job even driving 150 or 20 KM at a stretch.

I love travelling in my own car and have drven to some amazing locations the most exhiliarating of hem was my 2007 drive to th Grand Canyon.

For pure distance in one go with only stops for petrol I have driven 1450 KM in around 13 hours.

This was from Salalah in Oman to Abu Dhabi. Started early moring ar around 9.00 AM from Salalah andwas prking my FJ in Abu Dhabi at 9.30 PM.

Lat year I did a round trip Delhi - Nainital -Mussorie - Shimla -Kulu - Manali - Rohtan - Chandigarh- Delhi - a total of arund 4500 KM but over a period of two and a half weeks. Had a blast

That was one hell of a dive thru hundreds of KM of the empty quarter with nothing for company.

In India we used to do the Hyderabad - Bangalore drive in one go, usually overnight withonly petrol and little boys room stops, not to mention the stop at Gooty for the juice, a manatory stop. The distance was around 600 KM andtime around 11 to 12 hours, this was backin the late eighties and early nineties in Fiats mostly. The time dropped when the Maruti came into the picture
wasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 16:54   #214
BHPian

Done 375km - Mumbai-Gampatiphule with only a breakfast break.

Many years ago, I did Bangalore-Coorg and back with a 2-hour stop (no nap) at Coorg. That's about 550km. On a Hero Honda 'Sleek'. Top speed was 85km/h so it wasn't fun. Almost drifted off to sleep on the return leg. Almost got caught in rain. Had a headlight beam blow out at 10pm on the BLR-Mysore highway.

Probably the one time in my life I have been really, really frightened.
cranky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 17:16   #215
BHPian

Smile Re: Maximum distance without a break

Many many years ago(2002) we did a 390 kms round journey from Bhubaneswar- Puri-konark-Puri-Chilika Dolphin Point-Puri-Bhubaneswar. We were a group of 7 in 3 bikes. The journey started at 3 am the night before ganesh chaturthi and culminated at 5 pm on ganesh chaturthi the following day amidst heavy rain. It was an awesome experience. the lowest one slept after that amongst us was 14 hours!!!
adg_andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 17:49   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Many many years ago(2002) we did a 390 kms round journey from Bhubaneswar- Puri-konark-Puri-Chilika Dolphin Point-Puri-Bhubaneswar. We were a group of 7 in 3 bikes. The journey started at 3 am the night before ganesh chaturthi and culminated at 5 pm on ganesh chaturthi the following day amidst heavy rain. It was an awesome experience. the lowest one slept after that amongst us was 14 hours!!!
Group of 7 in 3 bikes, didnt get the math!
Did you take turns at driving?
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 17:51   #217
BHPian

I did my first long drive in November 2010.
Pune - Udaipur 910Kms in 15 hrs.
Udaipur to Jaipur 400 Kms in 6 hrs.

The roads were excellent except for a few patches and there are very less traffic because of Diwali. Had the day been longer I would have continued driving.
daredeviljpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 19:37   #218
Senior - BHPian

Maximum distance without a break - Bangalore to Kushalnagar (235kms)

Maximum distance with only petrol stops and nature calls - Bangalore to Belgaum (around 500kms)
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 20:22   #219
BHPian

Me and a friend just did mumbai-jaipur non stop a week back. Thats 1227kms, started at 7ish in the morning from khar, and touched jaipur at 10pm!! Car was hyundai verna..
SunChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 09:08   #220
BHPian

Smile Re: Maximum distance without a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Group of 7 in 3 bikes, didnt get the math!
Did you take turns at driving?
Haha. It was a YBX, a Splendor and yours truly's Shogun( The Dragon Express ). The Splendor, having the longest seat of them all, always bore the brunt of 3 . For the other two, it was always 1 rider and 1 pillion. Luckily I was always riding my shogun. I simply would not part with my ride anytime!
Old 22nd June 2011, 10:29   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Haha. It was a YBX, a Splendor and yours truly's Shogun( The Dragon Express ). The Splendor, having the longest seat of them all, always bore the brunt of 3 . For the other two, it was always 1 rider and 1 pillion. Luckily I was always riding my shogun. I simply would not part with my ride anytime!
Whoa, difficult enough with two people on such long rides. I wonder how the 3 people managed on the Splendor seat for so long. Must have been really thin people
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 13:54   #222
BHPian

I have done 1100 kms non-stop twice. (Bangalore to Nagpur and return)
I am passionate about driving and enjoy long drives.
Especially when you have roads such as NH4 & NH7 around Bangalore.
neo45007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 14:41   #223
BHPian

My longest Indian drive without a break was from Calicut to Trivandrum, a distance of 435kms covered in around 5.5 hours at night. As I had my whole family in the car, there were no daredevil tactic. It was done a few weeks ago, just as the monsoons were setting in. The roads are probably worse off now though.

My longest non-stop drive ever was from London to Edinburgh, a distance of 650kms in just about 7 8 hours. Service area stops notwithstanding, of course.
coloneljasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 15:13   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Whoa, difficult enough with two people on such long rides. I wonder how the 3 people managed on the Splendor seat for so long. Must have been really thin people

Hahaha. nice guess. yes they were. The shortage of space was made up by our enthusiasm
Old 22nd June 2011, 21:26   #225
BHPian

1650 KM from bangalore to jajpur road. DId this trip 4 times.
Mostly within 25-27 hours.
akas_chauhan is offline   Reply With Quote