Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Closed Thread

Old 18th February 2008, 13:59   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
People don't care when THEY piss off somebody. It only matters when SOMEBODY piss them off.

I won't surprised if the Astra guy (who pissed off the thread starter) comes here and starts a thread on how an SUV pissed him off.

Note: I wonder why the scooter lady hasn't started a thread on how a certain car guy pissed her off.
Oh man that would be hilarious and needless to say any further.
Old 18th February 2008, 14:03   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Dude you are still stuck @ the language i suppose and you are not able to assimilate the fact that overpowering others verbally in the local language and then in some cases physically is a trend mastered by localites to garner support
Dude, you have to reread the original post I guess.

Are you saying that revving your car , charging and braking hard at a 2wheeler is OK , even if you are pissed off ? Who was trying to get physical here? ( If I was on a 2 wheeler and if some wiseguy charged at me like that , I will certainly file a case of attempt to murder and ensure that he gets enough good treatment in the lockup to cool him down for life)

What if you misjudged and injured / killed the other person?

Irony is that the so called "educated" members of this forum, condone charging at a 2 wheeler, just because one was pissed off and also complain that there is too much of road rage at the same time.
Old 18th February 2008, 14:07   #48
Senior - BHPian

Default Rage

I am starting to get "Thread Rage".
Old 18th February 2008, 14:11   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
thanks for letting me in on this. I never thought I would have realized this till you pointed it out to me!

dont know about you, but I would not place my vehicle, with or without family, in front of another vehicle, either 2 wheeler or 18 wheeler, blocking its way or right of path, regardless of the drivers language! guess both of us are at different levels when it comes to on road ethic!
Dont know about you , But I would never revvup my vehicle, charge at another 2 wheeler and brake hard , bully them , just because i was pissed off , regardless of the 2 wheeler drivers language. ( even assuming they were blocking your way )

Did you say road ethics? LOL. As you rightly said your road ethics are at a different level altogether. I certainly do not want to learn your above mentioned road ethics.

A pissed off driver of a HCV with similar attitude like yours will be your best bet to finetune similar roadethics IMO.
Old 18th February 2008, 14:14   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post

Are you saying that revving your car , charging and braking hard at a 2wheeler is OK , even if you are pissed off ? Who was trying to get physical here? ( If I was on a 2 wheeler and if some wiseguy charged at me like that , I will certainly file a case of attempt to murder and ensure that he gets enough good treatment in the lockup to cool him down for life)

Irony is that the so called "educated" members of this forum, condone charging at a 2 wheeler, just because one was pissed off and also complain that there is too much of road rage at the same time.
Dude, can you read the original post?

what do you expect to go and talk to a person who, even when request to move to give way, comes and stands in front of you and expects a fight? how do you talk sense into this person?

even if i got down and tried to talk, i am sure she will understand and i will be blinking at what she says. so whats the point? the only way is to talk the language that they understand.

i never said that I did the right thing, but in some cases, you have to do the drastic step. and understand this, i did it after giving that person a good amount of time to move on her own and then asking her verbally also to move on which she posed a challenge.

i am forgiving, but not when taken for granted!
Old 18th February 2008, 14:15   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
I am starting to get "Thread Rage".
LOL. Well said, Dan

Its a good thing that the threads here are way better policed than our roads and that people can't shout curses in their native tongues here.
Old 18th February 2008, 14:16   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I think you are over reacting and just cool off Mister as it is you are off to a different track from the thread itself.

If i aint wrong happy wheels only meant about the reckless attitude of the woman and the whole thread itself is not about whining,cribbing, pissing off or getting pissed off .As i started this only to reflect the attitudes of the people while driving. hope i am clear period.

Regarding the 2 wheeler folks, i guess no body breaks rules as often as they do and definitely a menace when it comes to reckless driving as to me almost every 2 wheeler fills up the blanks on the road denting and even closing the side view mirrors and zooming @ will .

@amitoj : exactly, else the forum would be thread raged @ will hahahahhah

Last edited by VJ_MAVRICK : 18th February 2008 at 14:19.
Old 18th February 2008, 14:16   #53
BHPian

@ DityDan. LOL . you summed it up very nicely.
Old 18th February 2008, 14:19   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dont know about you , But I would never revvup my vehicle, charge at another 2 wheeler and brake hard , bully them , just because i was pissed off , regardless of the 2 wheeler drivers language. ( even assuming they were blocking your way )

Did you say road ethics? LOL. As you rightly said your road ethics are at a different level altogether. I certainly do not want to learn your above mentioned road ethics.

A pissed off driver of a HCV with similar attitude like yours will be your best bet to finetune similar roadethics IMO.
Yes, you are right and I am wrong.

Agree with you all the way!

Have a great day!
Old 18th February 2008, 14:20   #55
Senior - BHPian

Guys hope i aint running into the Astra guy in here
Old 18th February 2008, 14:21   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
LOL. Well said, Dan

Its a good thing that the threads here are way better policed than our roads and that people can't shout curses in their native tongues here.

i am sure its happening as and when the posts' get typed! if only we had audio post!
Old 18th February 2008, 14:22   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

and me to the lady-with-the-bike!
Old 18th February 2008, 14:26   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:

LOL, maybe TBHP membership should be based on a driving test!
Old 18th February 2008, 14:28   #59
Senior - BHPian

[quote=w 12;726560]
Quote:

chillax dudes, guess everyone are having a bad day @ work too..no flare ups here and @ the end of the day we all are team bhpians the educated lot and certainly blessed with better courtesy and improving tolerance levels while on road.
Old 18th February 2008, 14:32   #60
Senior - BHPian

Though this is an OFF TOPIC a better time to initiate this. I was thinking that every city should plan up an awareness drive about safety during driving. I am sure with so many bhpians chipping in, it would be a good way @least to know that we have done our part.
Closed Thread