Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2012, 21:59   #3901
Distinguished - BHPian
 
IronH4WK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,457
Thanked: 3,614 Times
Default

Do I need to say anything more?
Name:  image538270231.jpg
Views: 1120
Size:  388.9 KB

Well, I do. in the picture, the car is parked and the owner has gone shopping. This person then drives on the wrong side of the road, got ahead of the waiting traffic, turned left, jumped the signal and sped away!

Last edited by IronH4WK : 21st May 2012 at 22:04.
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2012, 06:08   #3902
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,694
Thanked: 3,871 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK
in the picture, the car is parked and the owner has gone shopping. This person then drives on the wrong side of the road, got ahead of the waiting traffic, turned left, jumped the signal and sped away!
Sorry, I am a bit confused. The car is parked and the owner went shopping. But who drove on the wrong side of the road and jumped the signal?
vb-san is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2012, 06:53   #3903
Senior - BHPian
 
carwatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bardez, Goa
Posts: 1,185
Thanked: 999 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Sorry, I am a bit confused. The car is parked and the owner went shopping. But who drove on the wrong side of the road and jumped the signal?
What he probably means is the owner of the car parked his car in the wrong way and after he is through with shopping, came back and drove his car in the manner described in the post. The word 'then' is mentioned specifically for that.
Things are going worse day by day.
carwatcher is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2012, 18:21   #3904
BHPian
 
a*ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 170
Thanked: 75 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
If i have to describe him in one word i would say he was weird. I have seen folks drive fast, block, make zig/zag moves to overtake, usually they have a goal (generally to go fast and overtake), but this one was totally weird, because i am unable to explain his movements as to Why he was doing it.
Probably this person was talking on the phone and hence his weird antics i guess.
a*ed is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2012, 19:36   #3905
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankjha1806's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: BLR/Gurgaon
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 820 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*ed View Post
Probably this person was talking on the phone and hence his weird antics i guess.
Nope he was neither on phone, nor was he in a hurry, nor was he trying to cut people off, and he was not driving aggressively (i mean not very fast).

Only his weird indicator always on, and moving left or right was something that was bothering me, with no goal whatsoever.

One thing for sure he was not watching side rear view mirrors (Mirrors were open and not close). I am still unable to explain the indicator part.
mayankjha1806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2012, 23:10   #3906
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Vizag
Posts: 1,983
Thanked: 1,341 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Just new to this thread. But isn't this a wrong thread? I mean, how do you spot bad drivers? Look around. They are everywhere. We should rather have a 'Good drivers - How do you spot 'em?". Beacuse Good drivers are a rarity on our roads. And bad drivers? Hmmm... Roads are just filled with them.
pgsagar is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2012, 23:22   #3907
BHPian
 
NinadJoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Maratha Country
Posts: 289
Thanked: 243 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Just new to this thread. But isn't this a wrong thread? I mean, how do you spot bad drivers? Look around. They are everywhere. We should rather have a 'Good drivers - How do you spot 'em?". Beacuse Good drivers are a rarity on our roads. And bad drivers? Hmmm... Roads are just filled with them.
Reminds me of a cartoon that had a signpost that said "Warning, good road ahead"
NinadJoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2012, 01:35   #3908
Senior - BHPian
 
carwatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bardez, Goa
Posts: 1,185
Thanked: 999 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

The last two posts are bang on target. I feel sad after going through this and Accidents in India thread. We must have How to spot good drivers thread so we can feel positive.
carwatcher is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2012, 15:08   #3909
Senior - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,698
Thanked: 2,113 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
We should rather have a 'Good drivers - How do you spot 'em?". Beacuse Good drivers are a rarity on our roads. And bad drivers? Hmmm... Roads are just filled with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
The last two posts are bang on target. I feel sad after going through this and Accidents in India thread. We must have How to spot good drivers thread so we can feel positive.
I agree with your opinion about trying to be positive, but the reason for reporting bad drivers and their behaviour is that we can learn how to identify them on the road and then take necessary action. For me that is a positive takeaway from this thread.

Last edited by selfdrive : 23rd May 2012 at 15:11.
selfdrive is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2012, 16:02   #3910
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,665
Thanked: 9,195 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

^^Add to that the fact that many times we ourselves are unaware of what constitutes bad driving, e.g. for those familiar with the now-rampant habit of switching on hazard lights in tunnels, at the first hint of rain, fog etc. and think it is CORRECT, a thread like this where this topic has been extensively discussed is very useful.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2012, 11:42   #3911
BHPian
 
evilshantanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 523
Thanked: 212 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Saw a lady today at Mahadevpura redlight (Bangalore, near EMC2), the kid was on the frond seat, with no seat belts, the lady was atleast at 80 km/hr in an i10 and was on the phone. I always thought that mothers are over protective towards their kid..... talk of suicidal tendencies here :-)
evilshantanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2012, 12:19   #3912
BHPian
 
Parthasarathig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pothole-city
Posts: 878
Thanked: 489 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu
talk of suicidal tendencies here
Hard to see mothers like ours these days. I wont blame these mothers too but its a sad sight. I saw a lady walking with her child in her hands and she was almost coming on to the middle of the road wherea bike almost hit her. He was going to say something when he saw she had a child and then left.
These days people are just engrossed in earning money or are too distracted. Lets not forget the sad story of the child who fell out of the innova on airport road. Im yet to come across a driver who puts the seatbelt for his child. Im sure Bhpians will be doing this but im talking of the other 90% on the streets.

Regards
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2012, 12:40   #3913
Senior - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,698
Thanked: 2,113 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Saw a lady today at Mahadevpura redlight (Bangalore, near EMC2), the kid was on the frond seat, with no seat belts, the lady was atleast at 80 km/hr in an i10 and was on the phone. I always thought that mothers are over protective towards their kid..... talk of suicidal tendencies here :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Im yet to come across a driver who puts the seatbelt for his child. Im sure Bhpians will be doing this but im talking of the other 90% on the streets.
Most of the people I discuss this with think that they are alert enough to control everything. But they dont understand that some events/ accidents happen due to uncontrollable or chain reactions.
Such as a car hitting a bike that then comes on to hit us.

A consistent media campaign needs to be put in place to ensure that people understand that the risk is much closer to them now than it ever was.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2012, 13:41   #3914
BHPian
 
evilshantanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 523
Thanked: 212 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Most of the people I discuss this with think that they are alert enough to control everything. But they dont understand that some events/ accidents happen due to uncontrollable or chain reactions.
Such as a car hitting a bike that then comes on to hit us.

A consistent media campaign needs to be put in place to ensure that people understand that the risk is much closer to them now than it ever was.
Totally agree with you on this
Just imagine even if the car is in total control, going at lets say at a safe speed of 40 km/hr, and obviously the child is not in the car seat / without a seat belt.

and the car bangs something / brakes suddenly very hard, imagine the inertia in the child.... the child would go flying out of the front windshield. Thats exactly wen one needs a seat belt or a car seat for kids

Last edited by evilshantanu : 24th May 2012 at 13:41. Reason: typo
evilshantanu is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2012, 14:16   #3915
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,694
Thanked: 3,871 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Most of the people I discuss this with think that they are alert enough to control everything. But they dont understand that some events/ accidents happen due to uncontrollable or chain reactions.
Such as a car hitting a bike that then comes on to hit us.
Very true! And then there is another group who is well aware of the consequences, but tends to think that no mishaps will happen with them. I have some relatives who can be classified into this group. And they feel I am talking nonsense, if I ask them to belt-up or get a child seat for their kid
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bad Pedestrians - How do you spot them rajeev k Street Experiences 88 18th September 2017 13:31
Official Sign / Code when you spot another T-Bhpian on Road Otomobil Shifting gears 85 10th February 2011 19:58
5009 KMS-A'bad-Calicut-Bangy-Hyd-Aur'Bad-A'Bad-Report ramkya1 Travelogues 48 4th August 2010 00:04
A bad bad bad night for me.... Ranjan Sharma Street Experiences 38 8th April 2010 12:02
My accident - Bad brakes, bad rain, bad luck... vezj420 Street Experiences 41 22nd May 2007 10:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:48.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks