Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2014, 13:01   #6271
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,190
Thanked: 12,735 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
I doubt any 4 wheeler could fit into that narrow space! (maybe a rickshaw!)
This is due to no proper parking lines demarcating the space.

Or else I may be mistaken and the 2 wheeler was already parked before the cars came in and parked.
This is what could have happen - the Honda city was parked there and this Activa guy has parked beside. Seeing this the Laura guy parked the way he wanted without following the gap that is required to be maintained between two cars ideally.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2014, 11:12   #6272
Senior - BHPian
 
msdivy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,426
Thanked: 771 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
I doubt any 4 wheeler could fit into that narrow space! (maybe a rickshaw!).
Could be the camera angle. But I felt there was space for small car like Santro.
msdivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2014, 17:58   #6273
Senior - BHPian
 
dass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,037
Thanked: 427 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
the Honda city was parked there and this Activa guy has parked beside. Seeing this the Laura guy parked the way he wanted

Anurag.

Man, you could make out the car models?? I tried and gave up when I first read the post as I could not see anything to identify the cars.
dass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2014, 18:18   #6274
BHPian
 
Biraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NCR
Posts: 545
Thanked: 960 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Earlier this week I spotted a specimen that deserves a mention here. A guy on a black bike (one of the Pulsars) with his helmet resting on the forehead (chin-bar on forehead) was moving at 50 KMPH mostly in the center lane. Then he took his phone out of his pocket, raised both hands from the handle, and... Clicked a selfie.

I decided it's better to overtake him before he damages the under-body of my car with his next antic.

PS: The placement of helmet made his skull resemble the alien from Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
Biraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2014, 19:09   #6275
Team-BHP Support
 
Gannu_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Madras
Posts: 4,723
Thanked: 9,206 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Sharing from Facebook:

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-10425493_729908357067435_2822274138310043762_n.jpg

Quote:
A Kerala State car ( KL - 63 -4444) was parked in footpath on Pattom Junction (Trivandrum) bus stand. The city traffic ASI repeatedly asked the driver of the car to park beyond the bus stand but he didn't hear his words and at the same time, panchayath president of Parakadavu block came out of the car, threatened and harassed the brave traffic police man. The car was there for 20 mins.
One of the many instances wherein rules aren't applicable for the Govt. officials. And of all the places it has to happen when Rishiraj Singh's around.
Gannu_1 is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2014, 10:06   #6276
BHPian
 
deathwalkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 612
Thanked: 413 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Now that cop will get transferred and soon he will lose his sense of duty :(
deathwalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2014, 11:33   #6277
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 62
Thanked: 40 Times
Angry Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Sharing from Facebook:




One of the many instances wherein rules aren't applicable for the Govt. officials. And of all the places it has to happen when Rishiraj Singh's around.
Who is this 'Panchayat President'? Nothing! These so-called public 'servants' do not realize that they are being seen by public, and in this case was also clicked and uploaded on FB for public humiliation. In my opinion, photographs of such people who abuse their power and position to harass honest policemen and public should be published in newspapers for everyone to see!
N.A.GTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2014, 12:44   #6278
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,423
Thanked: 6,347 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.A.GTC View Post
...In my opinion, photographs of such people who abuse their power and position to harass honest policemen and public should be published in newspapers for everyone to see!
I believe this is already going viral on FB. The good part of Kerala media is that they even go & pick such stuffs from various channels and publish it for gaining popularity and then invite people for a discussion about such practices and what not.

I would be surprised if this has NOT been picked up and made a huge outcry by now.

One more incident which I saw yesterday afternoon, at the Spencer Plaza signal. A middle aged man on a Pulsar, possibly his mother or M-I-L sitting pillion and his 6-12 month year old on the fuel tank!!

The baby could NOT even hold anything on her own and the guy was holding her with his left hand and trying to navigate thru the rush! I was so flabbergasted and didn't say anything because I didn't want him to take his attention of the road.

Can't believe we have such moronic fathers!

Mods, you may please merge the two posts; edit window over and had to post separately.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 5th July 2014 at 11:54. Reason: Merging consecutive posts. Thanks :)
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2014, 15:23   #6279
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,190
Thanked: 12,735 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
One more incident which I saw yesterday afternoon, at the Spencer Plaza signal. A middle aged man on a Pulsar, possibly his mother or M-I-L sitting pillion and his 6-12 month year old on the fuel tank!!

The baby could NOT even hold anything on her own and the guy was holding her with his left hand and trying to navigate thru the rush! I was so flabbergasted and didn't say anything because I didn't want him to take his attention of the road.
Why do these guys play on their lives + their children + other road users by doing such stunts?!

Why could he give the child to the pillion and ride slowly to the destination rather than placing the child like a shopping bag and doing a whole lot of balancing act!

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2014, 15:40   #6280
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,423
Thanked: 6,347 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
...Why could he give the child to the pillion and ride slowly to the destination rather than placing the child like a shopping bag and doing a whole lot of balancing act!
The old lady was struggling herself to sit proper with both her hands held to some bars. She could NOT have managed the baby. The baby herself was NOT so amused and was scared, looking at her face.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2014, 15:43   #6281
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,190
Thanked: 12,735 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The old lady was struggling herself to sit proper with both her hands held to some bars. She could NOT have managed the baby. The baby herself was NOT so amused and was scared, looking at her face.


He could have some money and sent both them to wherever they were heading by an auto or by bus if not.

Don't get this method of saving money by risking lives.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2014, 17:27   #6282
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,092
Thanked: 629 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1
One of the many instances wherein rules aren't applicable for the Govt. officials. And of all the places it has to happen when Rishiraj Singh's around
Guess you have not kept up with the latest news . Rishiraj Singh is no more around. He has moved out from the Transport Commissioner. He had a spat with the Transport minister over the rule enforcing seat belts even on the passengers sitting at the back seat. Transport Minister nullified the order (stating practical difficulties), Rishiraj Singh then went on long leave, and finally asked him to be moved out of the position. He may join back his mother department - the K.P. The home minister too is keen to get him back, as there is a major operation against illegal money lenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious
I believe this is already going viral on FB. The good part of Kerala media is that they even go & pick such stuffs from various channels and publish it for gaining popularity and then invite people for a discussion about such practices and what not.
Yes indeed. But facebook comments etc. may not be of enough support for the police man. In this case perhaps they would have some how arranged a compromise with the police officer and this 2-paisa worth politician. It also depends upon the courage of superior officers (especially IPS folks) to support their men in times like these. Some officers have that, while others don't. In a case where a minister shouted at a Police SI for doing the right job, there was a huge media out cry. The big-wig politician had to be kept happy, but the police also stood their ground. Finally the Police SI was transferred (politician happy), but to his own mother station close to him where he gets good family life (SI also happy) .
sachinpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2014, 22:59   #6283
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: mumbai
Posts: 450
Thanked: 181 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Hi everybody
Have you noticed that even a very lowly elected person drives a fancy car?
Numerous reports of the cars by our elected people have met with minor or major accident and the day you would read about it and invariably the car is a fancy one.
Regards
Mods: If it is off topic please delete.Sorry for the inconvenience
faustus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2014, 16:09   #6284
BHPian
 
mahesh_sn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 172
Thanked: 144 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Mumbai mayor's car with exclusive parking spot...laws don't apply to powerful people
Attached Images
 
mahesh_sn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2014, 16:26   #6285
BHPian
 
Octane_Power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 625
Thanked: 399 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Then he took his phone out of his pocket, raised both hands from the handle, and... Clicked a selfie.

I decided it's better to overtake him before he damages the under-body of my car with his next antic.
Hahahaha I have seen it umpteen times, even a close friend of mine rides his bike with his helmet resting on his forehead; but the way you described it and your reaction made me ROFL.

I always ask him, what if the helmet slips off your head? It will claim someone's life if its another biker behind you or if its a car then damage it.

-Bhargav
Octane_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bad Pedestrians - How do you spot them rajeev k Street Experiences 82 31st December 2016 01:16
Official Sign / Code when you spot another T-Bhpian on Road Otomobil Shifting gears 85 10th February 2011 19:58
5009 KMS-A'bad-Calicut-Bangy-Hyd-Aur'Bad-A'Bad-Report ramkya1 Travelogues 48 4th August 2010 00:04
A bad bad bad night for me.... Ranjan Sharma Street Experiences 38 8th April 2010 12:02
My accident - Bad brakes, bad rain, bad luck... vezj420 Street Experiences 41 22nd May 2007 10:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:23.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks