Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2017, 18:44   #9076
BHPian
 
ecenandu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Guruvayoor/Chen
Posts: 993
Thanked: 1,367 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It is a public thing in a public place.
I don't agree with your school of thought, Thad. There should be gradation in allegations as well, if you are calling out a person in public attach enough evidence as well. Otherwise you can very well narrate whatever has happened, excuse the calling out part.
ecenandu is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2017, 18:51   #9077
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: KA 18/KA 02
Posts: 421
Thanked: 949 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Where a car is photographed in a public place...
While your argument on celebrity cars makes sense, I would, in all humility, like to differ from your public thing in a public place remark.

A car is a private property being driven/parked on public roads - as much as I am a private individual making use of public property. If I am photographed while jaywalking on a busy road, one can name and shame me by all means. But, if I am standing on the roadside after allegedly jaywalking, one cannot capture me in a photo and post it on a public forum. The photograph alone doesn't constitute enough proof of my wrongdoing. More importantly, the photograph would have been taken without my knowledge when I am not doing anything wrong. And, if I notice someone pointing a camera at me, will I pose - for the photo OR pose a question?

Likewise, any owner would rightfully object to his car being photographed by a stranger. In case of quarrels/spats, we do photograph the other party and car purely as a precautionary and evidentiary measure. Usually, in such cases of road rage, both parties claim to be the aggrieved ones and accuse the other of causing the accident. A dash camera footage can prove to be almost conclusive here because it records the event as it is happening. Whereas a photograph is usually taken after the incident. Therefore, a photograph accompanied by a video evidence need not mask the number.

However, posting the photo of a car (number unmasked) on a public (but partially private) forum without clear evidence of misdemeanor may lead to complications - especially if the car owner has evidence to the contrary.

Agreed that as Bhpians we tend to be most often on the correct side and are aware of the rights and wrongs of the commuting world. But being a bit more careful in using the vitriolic fluid and masking the number plates would keep us on the right side of law and righteousness.

After all, as you have very rightly pointed out:


Quote:
Anyway, getting one's car pictured in this thread is nothing much. What notice are the [alleged] perpetrators going take? What effect will have on their lives? Sadly, little or none

Last edited by dailydriver : 9th March 2017 at 18:54.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2017, 19:35   #9078
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DL9C
Posts: 2,419
Thanked: 2,063 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
How greedy or stupid can one be? The ambulance driver had to literally shove him to give way. .
What an absolute idiot! Is there a way he can be prosecuted for not giving way to an ambulance?
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2017, 16:32   #9079
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 188
Thanked: 269 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
How greedy or stupid can one be? The ambulance driver had to literally shove him to give way. .
I think Law should excuse Ambulance/fire vehicles for touching , rubbing other vehicles, if need be, while it is carrying the patients.

Reason: Life is more important than materialistic values(Car or Bike) possessed by these idiots

I think, this is the only way, you can teach lessons to such "Intelligent and Smart" Taxi /Bike Drivers.

Last edited by gkveda : 10th March 2017 at 16:35.
gkveda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2017, 16:44   #9080
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 604
Thanked: 186 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Definitely a bad driver if you see him rolling across the windshield...


Last edited by WindRide : 10th March 2017 at 16:47.
WindRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2017, 17:31   #9081
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DL9C
Posts: 2,419
Thanked: 2,063 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
I think Law should excuse Ambulance/fire vehicles for touching , rubbing other vehicles, if need be, while it is carrying the patients.

Reason: Life is more important than materialistic values(Car or Bike) possessed by these idiots

I think, this is the only way, you can teach lessons to such "Intelligent and Smart" Taxi /Bike Drivers.
That can lead to bigger problems. See this video, from NCR Noida. A man taking his pregnant wife to hospital accidentally brushed a lady's car. Watch what happened next.

Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2017, 18:00   #9082
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: KA 18/KA 02
Posts: 421
Thanked: 949 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

This video of a (alleged) Bengaluru cop talking on mobile while riding a bike has left the Police department sour faced.



We do not know for sure whether the person in the video is indeed a policeman - his helmet being the only mark of identification here. Even if he is not, he is certainly on the wrong side of the law.
dailydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2017, 19:39   #9083
BHPian
 
GeneralJazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: KL-58/KL-07
Posts: 102
Thanked: 209 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Two fails in one minute!

Check out the crazy biker at 0:05. Also check out the KSEB Omni fail at around 0:30. The sliding door was not closed and it was slamming away to glory when the driver made the turn. The sound was actually audible to us! Sorry had to cut the audio as there were plenty of expletives flying around

GeneralJazz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2017, 20:28   #9084
BHPian
 
Ramon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 202
Thanked: 293 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post

Check out the crazy biker at 0:05
Very often I have seen this. The moment it starts to drizzle/rain or if the skies darken, the two wheeler riders start riding like crazy and and start taking all sorts of risks presumably to outrun the rain.

Hope they realise that they could get drenched in a lot more than just water if things go wrong on the rain slicked roads.
Ramon is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2017, 22:30   #9085
BHPian
 
Sree73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 597
Thanked: 711 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post

Check out the crazy biker at 0:05.
Really crazy guy. But, atleast he is wearing a helmet.
Now, quite often I can see bikers who have their brains on left elbows. They are protecting their little brains by hanging the helmet around the left elbow
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2017, 10:52   #9086
BHPian
 
TorqueyTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 582
Thanked: 798 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Today morning while coming to office, I was driving down on a straight road and my speed was around 30kmph. There are few cross roads in that area and its a residential locality. Suddenly out of nowhere a dzire comes speeding down from one of these cross roads and turns left on to road that I am driving on straight on my path. I had to literally stomp on my brakes hard and stop. And when I honked, the gentleman (I am swearing at him with better words even now) looks in his rear view mirror , asks me what happened and before even waiting for my response he drives off. And he was not a cabbie but a well dressed person (looks more like us, the IT junta). Was worried for a second about the people in my car as I carpool and would have been cursing myself if there was any accident and any of them were injured because of this.

Attaching a pic for reference. Red line is the path that the dzire took while green line is my car's path.

Name:  Carturn.jpg
Views: 1325
Size:  8.4 KB

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 17th March 2017 at 11:20.
TorqueyTechie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2017, 12:17   #9087
BHPian
 
deathwalkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 620
Thanked: 425 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Classic case of my way is always right of way! People are choosing to ignore the basic rules of driving on road. Stop before merging onto a main road, indicators etc etc.

It is getting scarier day by day
deathwalkr is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2017, 13:49   #9088
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,694
Thanked: 6,869 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Usually bikers refusing to turn the head from straight-ahead to check for oncoming traffic, but cars too. And if you had hit the guy? Endless argument, probably, with no acceptance of law or common sense.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2017, 14:29   #9089
BHPian
 
lordvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Noida
Posts: 76
Thanked: 65 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
And when I honked, the gentleman (I am swearing at him with better words even now) looks in his rear view mirror, asks me what happened and before even waiting for my response he drives off. And he was not a cabbie but a well-dressed person (looks more like us, the IT junta).
At least he seemed to have acknowledged your protest against his stunt. I'd like to assume that he was maybe aware of his stupidity and hence he bothered to react to your honk.

Had it been Delhi NCR, trust me he would have driven off with a straight face. People here do such things, sometimes, even worse, and then drive away as if nothing happened. I have tried to drive up to the erring guy to show my protest and they just don't look in your direction. Having said that, it is no doubt getting scarier by the day, whether it is Delhi or anywhere else in India.
lordvader is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2017, 21:40   #9090
Senior - BHPian
 
schakravarthy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: KA 09 / KA 02
Posts: 1,323
Thanked: 3,788 Times
Default

The Leaning Tower of Tata

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-forumrunner_20170319_213907.png
schakravarthy is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bad Pedestrians - How do you spot them rajeev k Street Experiences 88 18th September 2017 13:31
Official Sign / Code when you spot another T-Bhpian on Road Otomobil Shifting gears 85 10th February 2011 19:58
5009 KMS-A'bad-Calicut-Bangy-Hyd-Aur'Bad-A'Bad-Report ramkya1 Travelogues 48 4th August 2010 00:04
A bad bad bad night for me.... Ranjan Sharma Street Experiences 38 8th April 2010 12:02
My accident - Bad brakes, bad rain, bad luck... vezj420 Street Experiences 41 22nd May 2007 10:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks