Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2017, 15:10   #9541
BHPian
 
swissknife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Chennai
Posts: 297
Thanked: 454 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post
I did not trim the video, since it was that saved video of only 1 minute.
That pedestrian that you passed at 00:57 should be walking on the other side of the road!

I am sure he is old enough to have been taught in school to walk facing the traffic! I am sure you had to honk, flash your lights to get his attention!
swissknife is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2017, 15:24   #9542
Senior - BHPian
 
lamborghini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,713
Thanked: 1,397 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
Now I am of the opinion that always give way to an ambulance since we never know if he is responding to a call. But this one was in no hurry before or after the signal. Just using the siren to run a signal.
If that's the case, and you have proof - the same can be reported to the police as a violation.
lamborghini is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2017, 15:59   #9543
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 216
Thanked: 198 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
If that's the case, and you have proof - the same can be reported to the police as a violation.
Unfortunately I do not have any proof - no dashcam yet in my car. It will be my word against the ambulance driver's. Anyway I do not think the traffic police will be interested in such a complaint. I had once approached a traffic policeman manning a signal. A bolero was driven rashly and just before the signal, he almost ran me off the road with his rash driving.

The traffic policeman just asked me if I was fine. He did nothing else even when I showed him the bolero (yellow plated) standing at the signal.
luvDriving is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2017, 11:38   #9544
BHPian
 
Shanksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Madras
Posts: 506
Thanked: 1,414 Times
Default

There is a function hall right opposite my home. Now this place does not have any dedicated parking for both two and four wheelers. This leads to atleast a few idiots parking bang infront of my gate or my neighbour's gate atleast a few times in a year.

Despite repeatedly telling the association that rents out the venue to ensure no one parks blocking our gate they don't seem to be doing anything.

Today was no different, a black fortuner parked blocking my gate. On top of this it also had a lawyer sticker on the rear windshield.

Nowadays if we have to use the car and realise there is a function going on in the hall, we either park the car outside or we keep a watch to ensure that no one parks. You wouldn't believe the number of people that have tried parking when we had a watch and asked them to park elsewhere.

The worst part is a majority of these drivers become offensive when we politely confront them on their parking skills.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-1504418562584.jpg  

Shanksta is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2017, 12:25   #9545
BHPian
 
anandtheleo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 355
Thanked: 186 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Sorry for going OT -

Hi Swissknife - Is that Defense Colony, Ekkatuthangal?
AFAIK, yes it is, its the entry into Defense colony from Kalaimagal nagar, we have a house right on that street.
anandtheleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2017, 13:49   #9546
BHPian
 
Ramon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 226
Thanked: 371 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
There is a function hall right opposite my home. Now this place does not have any dedicated parking for both two and four wheelers. This leads to atleast a few idiots parking bang infront of my gate or my neighbour's gate atleast a few times in a year.

Despite repeatedly telling the association that rents out the venue to ensure no one parks blocking our gate they don't seem to be doing anything.

Today was no different, a black fortuner parked blocking my gate. On top of this it also had a lawyer sticker on the rear windshield.

Nowadays if we have to use the car and realise there is a function going on in the hall, we either park the car outside or we keep a watch to ensure that no one parks. You wouldn't believe the number of people that have tried parking when we had a watch and asked them to park elsewhere.

The worst part is a majority of these drivers become offensive when we politely confront them on their parking skills.
You may want to take a look at this thread.


http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post4182590 (A long battle against noise pollution - High Court, RTI, Police & more)
Ramon is online now   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2017, 17:06   #9547
Distinguished - BHPian
 
audioholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BengaLuru
Posts: 3,361
Thanked: 5,486 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Earlier from this week:



Not sure what was the reason the car driver did this. I was following this car from sometime and he started drifting to the left without any indication. However, as soon as he spotted the biker, instead of coming back to the right lane, he braked. I initially thought that he would brake and complete the lane change to stop, but he braked in the middle of the whole scene. Near miss for the biker else he would have been on the footpath.

Last edited by audioholic : 3rd September 2017 at 17:07.
audioholic is online now   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2017, 19:21   #9548
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,691
Thanked: 6,791 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Earlier from this week:



Not sure what was the reason the car driver did this. I was following this car from sometime and he started drifting to the left without any indication. However, as soon as he spotted the biker, instead of coming back to the right lane, he braked. I initially thought that he would brake and complete the lane change to stop, but he braked in the middle of the whole scene. Near miss for the biker else he would have been on the footpath.
I have seen similar behavior by drivers messaging on their mobile phones.

The drifting starts. They spot a block and in panic they brake.
bblost is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2017, 19:26   #9549
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 115
Thanked: 85 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Blind spot due to improper setting of the ORVMs.
Vysakh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2017, 20:30   #9550
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,976
Thanked: 7,745 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysakh View Post
Blind spot due to improper setting of the ORVMs.
Technically, nobody should overtake from the left like that. Not the car drivers's fault if they do.

Realistically, bikers always do this and we have to look for them. They are not going to keep themselves alive!

The British mantra goes, Mirror... Signal... Manoeuvre. The car driver did not signal in time for anyone to see. OK, again, two wheelers tend to ignore anyway: don't know what they think those flashing things are for.

But I sometimes have to remind myself that I can't complain that someone is on the wrong side of me if they were there before I signalled and made my move.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2017, 21:31   #9551
BHPian
 
srinih75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 167
Thanked: 67 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Poor Swift guy, he has been rounded up by others, this was at the EC signal on the Hosur road.
I travel on this road every day and I know how it feels to be in a mess of this sort. What may have happened is he would have followed a tempo or truck or bus and landed where he is. When I used to work out of JP IT park for which I need to continue on service road I used to always be on the right most side of the road to avoid this scenario and getting trapped or caught. But I have seen many people just go bang on to the middle of the road on opposite side and get jammed like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Technically, nobody should overtake from the left like that. Not the car drivers's fault if they do.
Well, before we change our lanes we need to be doubly at times triple sure that there is no one on our left blind spot. Folks just come out of the blue and it can result in a nasty bang. One day at the yet to be opened underpass on Magadi road (one that links Magadi road with Prashanth Nagar) a dude on my left did a 360 degree turn and got trapped. I saw him do the flip and didn't move despite getting honked so much for not moving. Luckily he didn't tear into my doors and both he and my car escaped unhurt. Had he fallen down it would have been a disaster. No one will blame him, they will blame the car for being the rich man not caring for the poor biker.

Last edited by srinih75 : 3rd September 2017 at 21:38. Reason: Multi quote...
srinih75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2017, 06:43   #9552
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 873
Thanked: 319 Times
Default Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Got this as a whatsapp forward with details of TN police detaining travelers without original DL.
What happens when one shows DL on an app? Telangana has an official app of Transport Department which shows DL and RC too.

Last edited by simplyself : 4th September 2017 at 06:49.
simplyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2017, 06:50   #9553
BHPian
 
arjithin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: BGLR/Chalakudy
Posts: 956
Thanked: 1,317 Times
Default Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
What happens when one shows DL on an app? Telangana has an official app of Transport Department which shows DL and RC too.
Read in newspapers that Chennai high court put a stay for this circular citing public inconvenience.
arjithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2017, 07:01   #9554
BHPian
 
Gokrish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Chennai and AR
Posts: 293
Thanked: 157 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Read in newspapers that Chennai high court put a stay for this circular citing public inconvenience.
TN has assured the Court not to enforce the circular till 5th September. The case is heard today and hence this undertaking.
Gokrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2017, 09:21   #9555
BHPian
 
swissknife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Chennai
Posts: 297
Thanked: 454 Times
Default Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Sorry for going OT -

Hi Swissknife - Is that Defense Colony, Ekkatuthangal?
Yes, This is the entry into Defence Colony from KalimagaL colony.
swissknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bad Pedestrians - How do you spot them rajeev k Street Experiences 91 20th January 2018 20:32
Official Sign / Code when you spot another T-Bhpian on Road Otomobil Shifting gears 85 10th February 2011 19:58
5009 KMS-A'bad-Calicut-Bangy-Hyd-Aur'Bad-A'Bad-Report ramkya1 Travelogues 48 4th August 2010 00:04
A bad bad bad night for me.... Ranjan Sharma Street Experiences 38 8th April 2010 12:02
My accident - Bad brakes, bad rain, bad luck... vezj420 Street Experiences 41 22nd May 2007 10:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:44.

Copyright 2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks