Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 28th February 2008, 20:27   #16
BHPian

NC - I came to office with a very bad mood due to the koramangala traffic here in bangalore. I almost got stuck 4 times at the same signal.

I was almost ready to get into an argument with my manager untill i read your post which made me smile. Thanks a ton.

I wish we stop being so worried about everything in life and enjoy the little things which life shows us.

Have a great day
CorsaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2008, 21:33   #17
BHPian

N_C I like the brighter side of you better...Finally you can smile on your way to work...theres hell loads of traffic still though LOL! just kidding. Every morning should go out like this one.
nitroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2008, 22:49   #18
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Stuff like this happens around us everyday. In our madness to get to work, to finish our duties, to pay our bills, we forget to look.
Very true. We have to remain focused on road to see that no one cuts in, kisses the bumper and ofcourse cursing taxi walas!!

The most common thing that brings smile on my face while driving is when a small child waves back.
Trains' commute is total comedy. I dont smile I laugh!
F50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2008, 02:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
...and I can see a girl and a sardarji boy in the auto. Both are dressed in shirts and....
I swear it wasn't me N_c!!
Maybe it was Manson.

Nice N_c.. keep peeping at other's private lives!!

Last edited by V-16 : 29th February 2008 at 02:08.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2008, 02:34   #20
BHPian

my my.. So many lover boys in TBHP..

EDIT: Good one though!
fiery enzyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2008, 14:34   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsaLove View Post

I wish we stop being so worried about everything in life and enjoy the little things which life shows us.

Have a great day
Hell yeah :- Ignorance IS bliss , I rather be a realist though.
cyneverdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2008, 16:14   #22
BHPian

I Just wanna put my 2 cents in.. Life is beautiful, but in our daily haste, we tend not to enjoy it. Lets take a break once in a while. Like meeting up for team BHP meets every weekend (with family?). That would be a good way to appreciate life. :P
krazydriver84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2008, 20:20   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

need somebody to love...... N_C really needs somebody to love....
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2008, 20:34   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
CorsaLove : I wish we stop being so worried about everything in life and enjoy the little things which life shows us.
So aptly illustrated by your profile pic, Cy !

Though you say ..
Quote:
cyneverdie : Hell yeah :- Ignorance IS bliss , ...
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2008, 20:40   #25
Senior - BHPian

I dont know how many of you have encountered jats. They have a wonderful sense of humour and amazing timing is something they are born with. Seemingly mundane things coming out from them tickle the funny bone like anything. This happened while I was coming to delhi with my friends from chandigarh in qualis driven by a jat driver. While crossing ambala on this narrow road, a lady was going in front of our qualis not budging inspite of repeated honks by the driver. I was sitting at the front seat, the driver just looked at me casually and said "eeb ke naa hati to bonnet pe baith ke jayegi" (Translation: If she doent budge now, she will travel, sitting on the bonnet) and the whole cab burst out laughing.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 29th February 2008 at 20:42.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2008, 14:24   #26
BHPian

Cool thread. Reminds of what happened to me the other day while I was taking my in-laws to the railway station. We started well on time but this was rush hour (6 pm on a weekday) and I had never driven to the station before. And am still not well versed with the roads of Hyderabad. And we were getting late now.

So at this red signal I got quite confused where to turn and quickly asked for directions from this "scooterwala" right beside our car. He looked like a pakka Hyderabad roadside romeo (sunglasses, Rastafarian type cap, overly streaked hair, chewing a toothpick, perfect Hyderabadi accent) and one wouldn't want to approach him in a normal situation. But this guy started telling me all the possible directions and I thanked him in the end. The signal turned green and I started moving. After a few minutes I see our "hero " going in front of us and he was moving quite slowly although he could easily speed away. Then he started looking behind and once he spotted us, he kept moving then. And this went on.

And before I knew, I realised - he was leading us . What a bloke. He led us all the way thru some gallis and in a few mins we reached the station. He could have sped away so long back, but he moved slowly just so that we could follow him. We tried to thank him in the end when we were swerving into the station, but that is when he sped away giving a classic hero-style adieu waving his hand, but not looking back.

We felt so good and amused. God bless that guy. At least for this one deed :-).
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2008, 14:56   #27
BHPian

Default Talking about Jaats.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I dont know how many of you have encountered jats. They have a wonderful sense of humour and amazing timing is something they are born with. Seemingly mundane things coming out from them tickle the funny bone like anything.
You are right extreme_torque! I am also a jat. Now listen to this...

I once encountered an accident where a Maruti car completely slid inside the rear of a blueline. The entire bonnet of the car was underneath the rear of the bus.
The driver of the bus comes out of the bus, looks at the crushed car and remarks - 'yoh te byagi, chhori hui hai'

Translated, it means - The bus has delivered a baby girl.
LOL.
asejwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2008, 15:50   #28
Team-BHP Support

Gautam, that story (sorry, drama in real life) is so cute!
It's high time you fly down to Bangalore. I can show you more of these around my office.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2008, 16:23   #29
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up

Thanx , normally_crazy, for sharing this wonderful experience , as you rightly said, it is small things like this which make us smile.
Blue Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2008, 16:27   #30
Senior - BHPian

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by asejwal View Post
The driver of the bus comes out of the bus, looks at the crushed car and remarks - 'yoh te byagi, chhori hui hai'

I am sure that the Maruti owner wouldnt have been able to appreciate the bus driver's sense of humour .
Blue Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote