Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2008, 09:59   #1
BHPian
 
akash_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Noida
Posts: 246
Thanked: 88 Times
Exclamation Noida toll bridge users beware!

If you are a regular Noida Toll bridge (DND) user and have a 'Silver card', pl think twice before getting it recharged!

I got my card recharged for Rs 750 two days back. My card showed balance of Rs 710 yesterday after completing 2 passages. But today morning the system showed balance as 'nil'. Upon asking, they handed me slip stating that "Your balance has been consumed for the trips you made in Jan-Feb of this month when our systems were down."


What the heck! I went to their customer service desk just to find atleast ten more people fighting on similar issue! Upon asking for the statement, they said it is not possible since our systems were down then!

So, its better to break your card and make a new one for Rs 75 instead of loosing all your recharge balance on your current card!
akash_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 10:02   #2
BHPian
 
prabuddhadg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 731
Thanked: 45 Times
Default

If systems were down, how did the system charge the card? This seems like cheating.
prabuddhadg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 10:10   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,652
Thanked: 242 Times
Default

Yeah ! it daylight robbery assuming that people would have used up their money by making endless trips across as their systems were down and they could not monitor.

Take them to the consumer court.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 10:15   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
mjothi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,252
Thanked: 216 Times
Default

Whatever technology we introduce, still people find a way out to cheat!!! Ummm...
I think this will be difficult to identify if they keep deducting some amount randomly, unless the Guy is really checking the balance and trip he makes.

In the end, I think the best is to have cash and change.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 10:34   #5
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 886
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

In Mumbai they have smart card installed but they still dont use the auto debit option. In any case, I have stopped buying the monthly toll pass as on month ends , getting in a queue and then finding windows closed was so irritating and its better to pay cash and get moving unless the saving was attractive enough.
shatrughna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 12:46   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
manveet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,059
Thanked: 581 Times
Default The DND Guys are right !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_m View Post
If you are a regular Noida Toll bridge (DND) user and have a 'Silver card', pl think twice before getting it recharged!

I got my card recharged for Rs 750 two days back. My card showed balance of Rs 710 yesterday after completing 2 passages. But today morning the system showed balance as 'nil'. Upon asking, they handed me slip stating that "Your balance has been consumed for the trips you made in Jan-Feb of this month when our systems were down."


What the heck! I went to their customer service desk just to find atleast ten more people fighting on similar issue! Upon asking for the statement, they said it is not possible since our systems were down then!

So, its better to break your card and make a new one for Rs 75 instead of loosing all your recharge balance on your current card!

I use the DND everyday when I drive to work.

In Jan-Feb the display screens on the Toll gate were not deducting the amount although the systems were working correct internally.

Heck, I was getting a balance of 802/- for almost 2 weeks i.e. about 20 trips. .. Infact, I didn't notice anybody complain then !!

When the systems came up, everybody's balance has started showing correctly because of which all the sudden hue and cry ..
manveet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 12:55   #7
LLL
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 634
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_m View Post
I got my card recharged for Rs 750 two days back. My card showed balance of Rs 710 yesterday after completing 2 passages. But today morning the system showed balance as 'nil'. Upon asking, they handed me slip stating that "Your balance has been consumed for the trips you made in Jan-Feb of this month when our systems were down."
Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post

In Jan-Feb the display screens on the Toll gate were not deducting the amount although the systems were working correct internally.
When the systems came up, everybody's balance has started showing correctly because of which all the sudden hue and cry ..
hmmm...so from akash's post it appears that he was running a negative balance, but dnd still allowed him to use the toll bridge for 2 months. so the system isnt really correct...
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2008, 15:40   #8
aZa
Senior - BHPian
 
aZa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Noida / Delhi
Posts: 1,595
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
I use the DND everyday when I drive to work.

In Jan-Feb the display screens on the Toll gate were not deducting the amount although the systems were working correct internally.

Heck, I was getting a balance of 802/- for almost 2 weeks i.e. about 20 trips. .. Infact, I didn't notice anybody complain then !!

When the systems came up, everybody's balance has started showing correctly because of which all the sudden hue and cry ..
I second this, there were signages on the silver card lane telling everyone about the problem in jan/feb! If you remember they were not recharging any cards during this time.
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2008, 15:23   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
asr245's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,134
Thanked: 351 Times
Default

I use DND 2-3 times a week. Crossed the toll plaza 3 times this week including this morning. No problem with my prepaid card (silver lane). However I did notice that after recharge the balance stayed at Rs485 for a while. Saw the correct balance sometime last week (I think). I dont think they are that bold (or stupid) to try and cheat like this.
asr245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2009, 16:21   #10
BHPian
 
neeld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 196
Thanked: 101 Times
Post DND Toll Cost

Is it OK for DND to charge Rs. 22 (one way for cars) for 3.5 kms of the road. They have kept on increasing it for the last few years.

If I compare this with the Delhi-Gurgaon expressway Rs. 18 for almost 20 kms until you cross the second toll. Thats a huge cost DND is charging and then you get stuck in those huge lines for 15-20 minuites even if you have a silver card .

PS: Modds could not find anywhere else to post this ( i did use the search). Please put it on the correct place if this is not the one. Thanks.
neeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2009, 23:52   #11
BHPian
 
anantnehru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 446
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

AFAIK, the DND is on BOT (Build-Operate-Transfer) basis. So there is going to be an increase every year or after an otherwise stipulated time period in the toll till the costs are met. (My understanding, maybe wrong!)
anantnehru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2009, 10:53   #12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,581
Thanked: 3,242 Times
Default

Anant, that is how all infra projects are (or a variation of the same).

Difference in DG expressway is the volumes, the lack of a viable alternative, and the humungous number of buses/trucks which use it (they pay MUCH more than regular cars do).

kindly wait some 3-4 years once KMP expressway and metro comes in - DG expressway will lose trucker/cab revenue and will hike charges massively - unless there are lakhs of nanos which start plying
phamilyman is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Protecting highways using toll : How weight-based toll works for large vehicles sudev Commercial Vehicles 26 3rd November 2015 16:34
Massive traffic jam on Vashi Toll bridge - Now cleared Venkat Street Experiences 23 25th December 2009 12:04
Incident on Delhi-Noida DND Toll Road ! Help Badcheetah Street Experiences 6 1st October 2005 07:34
Mobile Users-Team-Bhpian Drivers..Beware.... PsychoLyn Street Experiences 12 1st April 2005 00:22
Porsche 911 facelift pics!! 56K users Beware! S350L-E240 The International Automotive Scene 17 16th May 2004 16:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:51.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks