Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 6th April 2008, 21:50   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
snaronikar : I feel you can open with the duplicate key manually if your car key is struck up in the car itself.
One option is to have a spare key in your purse. A spare that's all metal - no plastic head - hence flat & can be tucked away in some nook of your purse/wallet (like the coin pocket).

In situations like this, use this spare key to open the door - the remote lock will start screaming, but since you have opened the door, the original remote can be used to shut off the alarm.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2008, 22:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

The problem was I don't have a spare key for my car. The previous owner lost it.

I have to get the whole lock and key setup replaced since Ford won't make and give a duplicate key. It's high time I do that!
kiku007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2008, 23:14   #18
BHPian

I want to ask some question regarding Car safety here ( I hope its noy OT here)

Day before yestrday Two young Doctors ( brothers) from DMC Ludhiana met an terible accident in late hours of night, and sadly both Died It was shocking for all of us .One of the brother was my Senior at Medical college

They were travelling in night from Ludhiana to Ferozpur in thier Honda City and they had an Head on Crash with A loaded ( with stones) Truck coming from opposite side .

After the Crash both vehicles fell into shallow pit beside road . Apparently Truck Driver escaped un hurt and fled from the scene . and to the worst part is that nody came to help and bodies of both Docs lied there whole night to be discovered nect morning .
As there was no Eyewitness except Truck Driver ( who fles) it is being said that one of th etyre of car burst and led to the accident .

My question

Is the tube less tyre not standard with Honda city ( NHC) ? and Does the tube less tyre make a difference in such situation?

Is there any better car in this segment ( less than 10 lakh) which could have survived such horrible crash ( I am asking this because the Crash was so horrible that both bodies litererally crushed with amost seperated body parts of both the brothers )

It has been really difficult time for the family as they were the only Sons they has and both were unmarried. I finding really difficult to reconcile myself and these question came up in my mind and I though I will learn about car safety from Others here

Thanks

Jatinder SIngh
drkhalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2008, 23:30   #19
BHPian

What is the point of this thread?
PatchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 18:26   #20
Senior - BHPian

If you open the door this way (mechanically), wont security system raise alarm?

Just curious. Since it does raise that if you open the door with key.

EDIT : Post in response to this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...tml#post785534 (How safe is your Car?)

Last edited by NetfreakBombay : 7th April 2008 at 18:28.
NetfreakBombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 19:40   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
If you open the door this way (mechanically), wont security system raise alarm?

Just curious. Since it does raise that if you open the door with key.

EDIT : Post in response to this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...tml#post785534 (How safe is your Car?)
The security system won't raise an alarm, because we are opening the door from inside when the car key is in ignition on position. The same way if you would open your car from inside.
kiku007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 10:42   #22

Unhappy How safe is a Honda car?

I drive a Honda CVT 2005 (automatic transmn) model - the car was in excellent condition, single-owner driven, maintained on a regular basis (general servicing checkups once in 3 mths) and covered less than 30,000 kms till date. I was extremely chilled that it was on No claim bonus without any complaints about the car till date till the freaky accident on the 17th March,2010.

I was in driving up on a multi-level parking lot at a speed of about 10-11 kms. The accelerator pedal just stuck , brake did not work and there was sudden acceleration - as there were cars parked in front of me and to avoid crashing into them, I had no choice but to crash my car into the wall - the impact was so great that the engine burst into fumes with extreme damage to the entire engine (chassis,condenser etc). I miraculously escaped with a bump on my head and sprain(thanks to seatbelt & presence of mind).

The car will come back after repair after a month's time. But the shock of the incident has left me shaken so much that am not sure if I can drive that car or any Honda car for that matter. I would like someone at BHP to advise on how safe are these cars nowadays, especially with engines going hi-tech and which is the safest automatic car to buy in India? And can one take action in India against Honda company under these circumstances? Would solicit some help on this please.

Last edited by Jaggu : 9th April 2010 at 11:51. Reason: Please use Search and continue in an existing thread, Thanks
Sexy_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 15:17   #23
Senior - BHPian

"The accelerator pedal just stuck , brake did not work and there was sudden acceleration"

Sexy_scorcher, this is an serious and a scary issue! i guess the reason behind this needs to be found out.

DInt you try to apply the "handbrake"?

btw i guess its better to sell the car. i guess you might not trust this car anymore...

Last edited by lohithrao : 9th April 2010 at 15:25.
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 15:33   #24

Thanks! I suppose the handbrake would have worked but it happened so fast & sudden that I did not have much time to think except to save self and other cars nearby - you know what I mean :(
Sexy_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 03:52   #25
BHPian

Quick thought: If such safety features are to be made mandatory due to mass production the extra money charged for the "safe ones" over the standard (read without safety features) version would come down.
Iluvcars is offline   Reply With Quote