Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Closed Thread

Old 16th April 2008, 19:46   #181
BHPian

Quote:
also, businessmen, property dealers, shopkeepers earn far more than IT guys but dont declare their income and dont pay taxes.
But they usually have political connections - so they are mostly safe.

If they are attacked, they might get physical help using their connection.
Where as an IT guy, who knows no one in political parties, police etc. will just get some remote moral support only the forums.

That makes IT guys easy prey.

In real life, a sword is sometimes mightier than a pen.
Old 16th April 2008, 19:54   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
Just read news about T V Mohandas Pai complaining about Infy and IT sector getting step motherly treatment in karnataka and by central govt.

With all the power and prestige that Infy commands, they should threaten to move out of karnataka lock, stock and barrell. Karnataka govt will come to its knees in a day and all the rowdies, autowallas who target IT professionals will be starved for even 2 square meals.
Mohandas pai is a perennial whiner. No corporate , including Infy is in bangalore for charity. they are here as it suits their business.

NRN and infy did threaten to move out of bangalore into china sometimes back. Many bangaloreans just asked , when and how soon ? after that the same threat has not been used again. No body cares if they want to move out. ( Infy will never leave 1000s of acres of prime land they got at throw away rates from the government and go away )

NRN burnt his hands badly trying to do politics with SM krishna , now they know better. IMO , Bangalore and karnataka is much more than IT or infy or any company. To even think that Infy will bring government to its knees is laughable.

delusions of grandeur is ok , but to such an extent !

Last edited by w 12 : 16th April 2008 at 20:01.
Old 16th April 2008, 20:08   #183
Team-BHP Support

Just saw this.

Quote:
With all the power and prestige that Infy commands, they should threaten to move out of karnataka lock, stock and barrell. Karnataka govt will come to its knees in a day and all the rowdies, autowallas who target IT professionals will be starved for even 2 square meals.
Tere muh mein ghee shakkar! Lots of Bangaloreans would hail that move, even among IT population. Infy is not exactly a popular company in Karnataka anymore, their in your face attitude has gotten really tiring.
Old 16th April 2008, 20:19   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenopio View Post
...and me with out giving him a chance shouted at him like mad monkey( basically i am short tempered) that the auto fellow literally got scared of me .......silently sat in auto and went off.....
Good show pal, time to pay back in their own coin....!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Lucky for you, he was not the confrontational sort. Learn to acknowledge your mistakes dude, it will take you a long way.
Kuttapan, I guess you haven't had a incident involving Auto / Cabbies, I had a few & all those times it was their stupid mistake, but they had the audacity to shout back at me....!

Last edited by finneyp : 16th April 2008 at 20:36.
Old 16th April 2008, 20:21   #185
BANNED

Are you complimenting or comparing to auto drivers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Good show pal, time to pay back in their own coin....!
Old 16th April 2008, 20:38   #186
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
I don't know what you are proud of. Instead of apologizing to the auto guy for your fault, you shouted at him?

Lucky for you, he was not the confrontational sort. Learn to acknowledge your mistakes dude, it will take you a long way.
buddy it was not my mistake rite it was his mistake.. that he braked suddenly.
and after that he gets down like a hero to argue with me and i should sit down silently like a kid with lolly pop inside my mouth ???
Dude if we sit silently then it will become his advantage and does a biggg issue...

First of all we should never give the opponent a chance to speak if the mistake is his...
Man i hate these auto fellows.....

Last edited by zenopio : 16th April 2008 at 20:41.
Old 16th April 2008, 20:53   #187
BANNED

Who rear-ends & whose mistake? Some body needs to learn the rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenopio View Post
buddy it was not my mistake rite it was his mistake.. that he braked suddenly.
and after that he gets down like a hero to argue with me and i should sit down silently like a kid with lolly pop inside my mouth ???
Dude if we sit silently then it will become his advantage and does a biggg issue...

First of all we should never give the opponent a chance to speak if the mistake is his...
Man i hate these auto fellows.....
Old 16th April 2008, 20:56   #188
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
Mohandas pai is a perennial whiner. No corporate , including Infy is in bangalore for charity. they are here as it suits their business.

NRN and infy did threaten to move out of bangalore into china sometimes back. Many bangaloreans just asked , when and how soon ? after that the same threat has not been used again. No body cares if they want to move out. ( Infy will never leave 1000s of acres of prime land they got at throw away rates from the government and go away )

NRN burnt his hands badly trying to do politics with SM krishna , now they know better. IMO , Bangalore and karnataka is much more than IT or infy or any company. To even think that Infy will bring government to its knees is laughable.
If i were Pai, i would seriosuly move out of karnataka. there is a huge floater employee population which will not complain about moving out.

As far as land is concerned, infy has huge land banks elsewhere and can lease off the karnataka facilities to other IT companies.

Let karnataka govt loose the revenue from Infy/IT and then we shall see about who comes to its knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
delusions of grandeur is ok , but to such an extent !
About delusions of grandeur, what is mysore without Infy? Bangalore's IT haven status will come crashing when news spreads around the world.
Old 16th April 2008, 21:00   #189
BANNED

Revenue? I thought all these companies were on a tax holiday ! State Govt may earn some thru' indirect taxes and is that component large?
Quote:
Let karnataka govt loose the revenue from Infy/IT and then we shall see about who comes to its knees.
Old 16th April 2008, 21:10   #190
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I think you are seriously over-rating Infy's importance to Karnataka.

Quote:
About delusions of grandeur, what is mysore without Infy? Bangalore's IT haven status will come crashing when news spreads around the world.
Before Infy, Mysore was a great place, peaceful and with cheap land cost, etc. Infy turned it into a wannabe Bangalore, with RE prices soaring out into the orbit. Ask any Mysorian what they think about Infy.
Old 16th April 2008, 21:13   #191
BANNED

Frankly, Infy is just a very very insignificant part of Mysore. But Mysore is a very very significant part of Infy.
Quote:
what is mysore without Infy?
Old 16th April 2008, 21:50   #192
BHPian

INFY is already moving out, only they are doing it quietly by placing big bets elsewhere. If NM is keeping quiet pragmatically, it is not his loss, it is KA's. It is a shame that in our country his mouth has been shut while simian thugs have no such restrictions on their loud mouths.

Bangalore is still very much a IT-export oriented city. No big company wanting to SELL to Indians set up shop there - they go to Mumbai or Delhi. Not even big IT company does that - Oracle, IBM etc. If you want to sell, be close to customers/markets, so be close to DEL/MUM.

Having said that INFY is just one part of the IT scene. Even if they quit completely (which may happen over time) others will stay perhaps happy that a giant sucking talent has gone away.

Bangalore's decline will also happen slowly (the present unlivable condition of the city being a gas chamber-cum-garbage pile cannot be termed decline from economic perspective) and not by dramatic event of one or other pulling out. Its new airport is woefully under-capacity, land prices way too high etc. etc. plus pull factor from other towns...we dont and wont know which will be the last straw.
Old 16th April 2008, 21:51   #193
BHPian

As re. Mysore, I have not met anyone who has good things to say about INFY. Their occupation of thousands of acres in exchange for pathetic levels of employment is a scam. If we simply grow brinjals or bananas there it could add more to our GDP.
Old 16th April 2008, 22:00   #194
BANNED

Nope. They are not yet done with Bangalore. They are coming up with a 300 acre campus near Sarjapur. They are setting shops in other places (Kolkatta, etc)too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggkg View Post
INFY is already moving out, only they are doing it quietly by placing big bets elsewhere.
Nobody has put a plaster on NM's mouth . He is busy some where else.
Quote:
If NM is keeping quiet pragmatically, it is not his loss, it is KA's. It is a shame that in our country his mouth has been shut while simian thugs have no such restrictions on their loud mouths.
Last heard, Bangalore was still the preferred destination.
Quote:
Bangalore is still very much a IT-export oriented city. No big company wanting to SELL to Indians set up shop there - they go to Mumbai or Delhi. Not even big IT company does that - Oracle, IBM etc. If you want to sell, be close to customers/markets, so be close to DEL/MUM.
There isn't anything called 'last straw'.
Quote:
.we dont and wont know which will be the last straw.
Old 16th April 2008, 22:55   #195
BHPian

This has become a Infy vs KA Govt Bashing thread. We can start off a complete new thread for this discussion. Need to get back to our favourite Auto bashing business.

PS: I dont work for Infy
Closed Thread