Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Closed Thread

Old 17th April 2008, 14:59   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Pathetic tire 3 cities like mysore, hubli, (some years back bangalore) have all benefited tremendously by the IT boom. What were these towns a decade back? Who in their right senses would want to come to such places?

Dear apachelongbow,

To go off-topic is one thing, but to go off-topic to be vicious or to denigrate other cities is another. There will be people like you who offend, and people like me who defend - even if a wasteful exercise - which will eventually force the thread to be closed sooner or later.

I encourage you to try to contribute meaningfully, or stay out and let others do so instead. I have a feeling that you presume Mumbai to be a Monaco. A feeling based on the way you have worded your submit. Mumbai is heavenly indeed! Lolll...

I know this is off-topic again, but going by the way this thread has been hijacked, I no longer feel guilty about it.
Old 17th April 2008, 15:26   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Pathetic tire 3 cities like mysore, hubli, (some years back bangalore) have all benefited tremendously by the IT boom. What were these towns a decade back? Who in their right senses would want to come to such places?

Dont the current land owners benefit due to extremely high rentals, property prices, cost of living? Doesnt the average shopkeeper charge more from so called 'IT folks'? Which other city in this world would a pathetic 2 room house, be renting at 15k per month, with the approach road non tarred, running with sewage and pigs?

All those brinjal growing folks are committing suicide even now, please look at other rural areas of karnataka, atleast the folks in bangalore, mysore, mangalore and other IT corridors, have options of alternate employments. The guys who have directly benefited from IT are
1) Land owners
2) Small/medium retailers
3) Maids/Cooks/Servants
4) Transport organizations (Auto wallas, cabbies, yellow plates)
5) Yoga/other type of instructors
6) Gym wallas
7) Please add to this list.

Who are the ones protesting? Some jealous people, who feel by merely being born in karnataka, they all must be absorbed by Infosys and given 1lac a month salaries. This is similar to the vile MNS by Raj Thakerey, asking for 80% reservations in all jobs within Maharashtra.

I agree to every word you have spelt in your post. I am born, brought-up, studied, and am Software guy in bangalore from the beginning, My father and grandparents are from Bangalore. But the city is long gone. there is nothing as the original bangalore, the IT has changed the place like hell to hell.

Rowdies have emerged due to real-estate-boom. Fast-Life, Fast-Food, fast-money and all done without regulation, Every one looks so dead but willing to do anything for money like a mercenary.

Bangalore still lacks that comfort of being called a big city, its just that over the years the GREED has taken over the people and chaos everywhere. Everyone here including myself are looking for a lifestyle, an identity.
Old 17th April 2008, 15:27   #213
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod

Enough about the wealth demographics of IT folks, Bangalorians etc. - Let us stick to Rowdies and road rage. Some posts might get deleted in a clean up exercise
Old 17th April 2008, 15:33   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skandyhere View Post
Dear apachelongbow,

To go off-topic is one thing, but to go off-topic to be vicious or to denigrate other cities is another. There will be people like you who offend, and people like me who defend - even if a wasteful exercise - which will eventually force the thread to be closed sooner or later.

I encourage you to try to contribute meaningfully, or stay out and let others do so instead. I have a feeling that you presume Mumbai to be a Monaco. A feeling based on the way you have worded your submit. Mumbai is heavenly indeed! Lolll...

I know this is off-topic again, but going by the way this thread has been hijacked, I no longer feel guilty about it.
This thread had been hijacked already, with people blaming the IT boom for the failure of Bangalore. I was just making a point. And please do not assume I have something positive to say for Mumbai, or for that matter any other city in India or otherwise.

Each and every city has its own share of problems, esp growing ones, and they all will improve over time. However blaming one community/profession for the ills of a city, is taking it too far. If you have read my post carefully, I have not abused any city, I have only mentioned the fact on how a poorly planned city is still attracting high rentals, if that offends you, then may be you should re visit reality.

I rest my case with this: Mumbai has over 2 crores of population, and over 40% stay in slums. It gets flooded almost every monsoon, and travel by trains/public transport is a night mare. Even then, the citizens do not blame any particular profession for this state, and at all levels there are efforts being made to improve quality of life. Road sense, and traffic flow is far better than Bangalore. More over I have not heard of cases of non marathi road users being targetted on the road, or auto wallas forming unions and hitting car drivers, for that kind of fun, its welcome to namma bangaluru!!!!

I am a Kannada speaking person, having relatives in Bangalore, even they keep harping about how there is too much of pollution, how people from other parts of India have ruined the culture!!!!, and do not agree with them at all on this.

Last edited by apachelongbow : 17th April 2008 at 15:37.
Old 17th April 2008, 15:42   #215
Team-BHP Support

I think the rowdies have been discussed to death. Anything else is off-topic. Closing thread.

Opening temporarily for amitoj to add some closing notes.

Last edited by Samurai : 21st April 2008 at 14:31.
Old 21st April 2008, 14:45   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, I was out of town for a week so couldnt check this thread. Now the car is at the workshop getting a new glass.

I just wanted to thank you all for the overwhelming sympathy and concern that you have showed.

Cheers!
Amitoj
Closed Thread