Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Closed Thread

Old 14th April 2008, 16:19   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggkg View Post
(a substantial minority, if not majority) of auto drivers in Bangalore are tamils.
ggkg, I agree with you, the blore auto fellows are better than the ones here in Chennai, mainly because in Blore they are not usually associated to any party, but they are usually fans of some movie superstar.

Nevertheless they wouldn't hesitate to join a fight along with there brethren. I believe it is mainly due widening income levels between IT professionals and the rest.
Old 14th April 2008, 16:23   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebin View Post
[ Next thing we know is the auto fellow's wife registered a case againt my collegue that he hit her on the head!! ..Adding more salt to the wound the cops demand 5000 to close the matter. Their reasoning.." why cant you pay 5000 when you guys earn 50000 per month in a IT company " Sheeezzz. Finaly to get out from the frustuation someone from my office paid 4000 and they got away from there. Cant even imagine the mental trauma my collegue would have gone through.
Moral of the story be calm when driving/riding, even someone else pisses you off, especially in Bangalore where even the cops dont give a damn!!.
This attitude is usually seen across bangalore.Since IT guys are earning more they only should pay even if its others mistake!!!!.some cheap locals and the rickshaw people are looking for an an opportunity to exploit them and the cops usually support them.Mostly the techies come from outside and dont ahve local contacts and dont mind paying up huge amounts to get out of the situation.Their lies the catch for these thugs.I am not going overboard but i feel these people have huge contempt and jealousy towards the techies and their reason is simple.....YOU PEOPLE EARN MORE[/quote]

The Auto drivers will think if dressed well, we all are from IT. The non-IT guys will also have to suffer becuase this culture developed by IT guys. . IT guys will get good salaries and shell out more but just think about the people working in manufacturing industries and their salaries will be far more less compared to IT industry. We need to discontinue this tradition of giving away bribes for anything and everything. But who will bell the cat is the big question.
Old 14th April 2008, 16:28   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraveenM View Post
ggkg, I agree with you, the blore auto fellows are better than the ones here in Chennai, mainly because in Blore they are not usually associated to any party, but they are usually fans of some movie superstar.

Nevertheless they wouldn't hesitate to join a fight along with there brethren. I believe it is mainly due widening income levels between IT professionals and the rest.
OT but even if one does not agree with them, one can sympathise with ordinary folks having feelings against IT folks. I these days do not even bother to ask for directions from IT'ish folks and generally ask drivers (Sumo/Auto/Truck type). They are polite and answer with respect and sometimes even are visually happy to help out someone that looks moneyed and yet asks them with respect.

Like i said in any case the IT'ish guys are in Ac cars, loud (usually western, not vernacular) music booming all around and tapping the steering wheel and shaking their heads as if in a trance. Sure irritates anyone, let alone a auto driver. No flame guys, just casual observation!
Old 14th April 2008, 16:35   #109
BANNED

I think people on this forum mistake BPO guys for IT guys. IT guys are sober, non-flashy and more down to earth.
Quote:
Like i said in any case the IT'ish guys are in Ac cars, loud (usually western, not vernacular) music booming all around and tapping the steering wheel and shaking their heads as if in a trance. Sure irritates anyone, let alone a auto driver. No flame guys, just casual observation!
Old 14th April 2008, 16:47   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any day I would prefer Bang. auto drivers to chennai ones as in chennai they are hardcore party rowdies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PraveenM View Post
Guys, please. Lets not turn this into another argument on which city grooms better auto drivers.

Most auto drivers are @#$%^&'s all over the world. But I have come across some nice ones in chennai and in blore. So peace !!!

Mod's, please excuse for typing in bold.

Last edited by n_aditya : 14th April 2008 at 16:51.
Old 14th April 2008, 17:03   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm... I wonder what causes you to make a generalization about IT guys like this. A lot of people who have a/c cars, switch it on to avoid the dust, pollution and to escape from heat.

People in a/c cars, listening to loud western music and tapping the steering wheel. Sounds like a fairly innocent activity to me, something that most of the youngsters indulge in these days. Why should it irritate anyone ?
Old 14th April 2008, 17:43   #112
BHPian

One thing we should accept is that whether IT or Non IT guys,should think before they shell out abnormal amounts to buy anything.This carelessness with money has created this gory picture that IT guys(any -body well dressed in bangalore) dont care for money and will buy whatever be the price.Thus public and older generations blame us for increasing the cost of life in the city.

@diabloo

I myself has worked in a BPO and i dont think the BPO guys are too flashy.Most of them are of the age 18-24 and its normal for their age.But they dont spend as such coz their real income is much below IT guys.Regarding being down to earth i don find any merit in thas statement as it entirely depend on a person.
Old 14th April 2008, 17:56   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
I think people on this forum mistake BPO guys for IT guys. IT guys are sober, non-flashy and more down to earth.
I would disagree to the above after the experience (in fact a couple of them) I had as a pedestrian in the hitech city of Hyd, where these people consider the pedestrians non-existant, while they ride their bikes or drive their cars. I dont blame everyone, but IT guys are no exception to these follies. And they come in all shades and colors, and has nothing to do with Hyd or IT per se.
Old 14th April 2008, 18:11   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
huh !! May be that guy is very happy with something and he is trying to dance and as the space is limited he is tapping the steering wheel.. But one thing I'm unable to understand why should that irritate someone or why should one even notice it
Old 14th April 2008, 18:16   #115
BHPian

Exclamation

you can't make a generalized judgment on the character of a person by the fact that they work in IT, BPO or non-IT job and neither can relate character to rolled up mirrors or volume of music.
I am not sure if this is true but I have been told that these miscreants are mostly unemployed and hence jealous of people who do well and hence indulge in such activities. Besides their emotions are further flamed by political parties and other people with selfish motives can easily use them to spread tension at times of elections, dying actors, regional conflicts, etc
Old 14th April 2008, 18:18   #116
Senior - BHPian

Ha ha ha ha so now the IT guys getting paid well makes the auto drivers thugs ha ha ha ha another great one: tapping on the steering wheel of the car bought by paying through the nose for the EMI's makes the lower income folks irritated classic example man you guys deserve Nobel Prizes in all feilds.

Its nothing but a blind eye turned by the rest of the crowd. If the whole crowd watching as mute spectators get together thrash the daylights out of the auto driver, see them becoming noble folks in a day. Its we who quitely watch wrong being done who are to be blamed, the auto drivers and thugs are just using our no-***** attitude for their own gain, simple.
Old 14th April 2008, 18:32   #117
Senior - BHPian

ggkg, you are right! both auto and aswel in cabs you will find drivers from all across south!

And i think if one knows Tamil,Telugu or Malayalam... he/she can easily manage...

I doubt anywhere else one can do this??

ABout this whole issue... its just not confined to Bangalore.... its same with the entire country!. just because the law system is not strong enough!
Old 14th April 2008, 18:39   #118
Senior - BHPian

spitfire, Bingo! you are on the dot!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Ha ha ha ha so now the IT guys getting paid well makes the auto drivers thugs ha ha ha ha another great one: tapping on the steering wheel of the car bought by paying through the nose for the EMI's makes the lower income folks irritated classic example man you guys deserve Nobel Prizes in all feilds.

Its nothing but a blind eye turned by the rest of the crowd. If the whole crowd watching as mute spectators get together thrash the daylights out of the auto driver, see them becoming noble folks in a day. Its we who quitely watch wrong being done who are to be blamed, the auto drivers and thugs are just using our no-***** attitude for their own gain, simple.
Old 14th April 2008, 18:41   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
simple.....YOU PEOPLE EARN MORE
Whats the meaning of this statement??

Quote:
these days do not even bother to ask for directions from IT'ish folks and generally ask drivers (Sumo/Auto/Truck type). They are polite and answer with respect and sometimes even are visually happy to help out someone that looks moneyed and yet asks them with respect.
Seriously?? I am an IT guy.. and whats asking for directions got to do with this thread??
Also.. Before asking for directions.. do you ask the person his profession.. Jeez guys.. Oh. he is an IT guy.. I will get lost in this place but i will not ask him for directions.. WOW.. need I say more??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
Hmmm... I wonder what causes you to make a generalization about IT guys like this. A lot of people who have a/c cars, switch it on to avoid the dust, pollution and to escape from heat.

People in a/c cars, listening to loud western music and tapping the steering wheel. Sounds like a fairly innocent activity to me, something that most of the youngsters indulge in these days. Why should it irritate anyone ?
Exactly.. I agree.. Thank you

Quote:
.This carelessness with money has created this gory picture that IT guys(any -body well dressed in bangalore) dont care for money and will buy whatever be the price.Thus public and older generations blame us for increasing the cost of life in the city.
No body wants to shell out abnormal amount of Money.. Its just buying what you need.. and IT guys are not making "Your City" an expensive place to Live in.. The prices increase at a steady state.. and this is normal in any developing country..
If you find a city too expensive for your taste.. MOVE.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Thanks Again..

Goddy
Old 14th April 2008, 18:54   #120
BHPian

Amitoj buddy,
Really sorry man.

I don't know what else to do but to share my own exp that happened not more than a week back. Even my wind shield got smashed.

After being away from banagalore for a month, completly forgot about this metro mess in MG road. Was on my way to sp road and plan to park the car in utility building basement. After turing in from ulsoor into trinity circle realized my folly. It took 30 mins to reach the utility building signal. Just after crossing the signal, a biker cut across my car.

My right fender was too close to the bike. And then this guy stopped and started arguing. He asked me to reverse back, when he had all the space in right, left and front of him.

I didnt budge. Switched of the car and stayed put. This went on for 2 mins already. Traffic grew crazy. Then i started the car and moved to extreme left where i still had space. This guys again moved to left and blocked me. Then he snapped and started hitting my wind shield. I was like what heck are you trying to do man... After about 4 hits, the glass gave in. He then gave couple of more blows and you can see the net result.

I didn't even open my mouth. Not even used my hand to signal anything. All windows rolled up and was sitting inside.

I have absolutely no idea what made him go so crazy, that he attempted to brake a wind shield with bare hands(he was wearing some metal bracelet). When i got down he was bleeding profusely.

I noted down the biker no and gave complaint in ashok nagar police station. No fir as far as i can see.
Name:  IMG_1986.JPG
Views: 2663
Size:  107.7 KB

Yeah, now guess the profession of this biker.
Closed Thread