Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Closed Thread

Old 14th April 2008, 18:56   #121
Senior - BHPian

Wow... Thats sad.. Did the cops help at all??

Goddy
Old 14th April 2008, 19:01   #122
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
The Auto drivers will think if dressed well, we all are from IT. The non-IT guys will also have to suffer becuase this culture developed by IT guys. . IT guys will get good salaries and shell out more but just think about the people working in manufacturing industries and their salaries will be far more less compared to IT industry.
OT -

Its a misconception that IT guys earn more.

Most of govt servants earn at par or slightly less than IT guys. Their take home is definitely quite less, but when you include the perks (car, house, newspaper, servant, free furniure, free medical, interest free loans), their salary is quite close to IT guys.

also, businessmen, property dealers, shopkeepers earn far more than IT guys but dont declare their income and dont pay taxes. Even a small shopkeeper in chandni chowk, nehru place, GK, central market makes a minimum of lakh pm. (all black)

I know taxi wallas making cool 50-60k pm from renting their taxis to call centers...all black and no taxes to be paid.
Old 14th April 2008, 19:01   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Gkrishn thats horrible. . What time did this happen? Didnt anyone come to help you? What did the cops say when you lodged the complaint? Are they going to take action against the biker?

This is scary. For no fault are people getting bashed up or getting their vehicles vandalised. Luckily for you there was no damage to your body.

Whats happening to our country? With the increase in population and subsequent congestion, road rage seems to be taking epic proportions.
Old 14th April 2008, 19:03   #124
LLL
BHPian

@gkrishn

really sad....seems bangy has turned into a goonda city. You should follow up on the complaint and teach the biker a lesson.

Most of these guys are really cowards and they will run like a rat when cops come for them.
Old 14th April 2008, 19:12   #125
Senior - BHPian

gkrishn, that was bad man, another sadist on a bike!

I can't understand what makes these Auto-wallahs, Cabbies and Bikers intolerant towards Car owners, I guess it is envy!

Now it seems a crime to work in IT and own a Car!!!
Old 14th April 2008, 19:23   #126
BHPian

The guy who did this was a lawyer.

This whole thing happened in front of a court house. So in few secs there were about 7,8 lawyers appeared from no where. And started shouting, arguing with me. Now what heck can i argue with them?!?!

A traffic constable came in looking what all fuss is about. He then realized whats going on... was kind of non committal, told me report to ashok nagar police station and he will call them over wireless and inform them. I then went there and gave a complaint. Only the insurance formality was done. As i said no FIR.

Infact they searched(don't know where, guess in some computer data base) for bike reg no. And couldn't locate it. I had taken the pic of number plate in mobile. So i am pretty sure about the no.

They said, they will try to locate the vehicle and inform me. A week has gone by. I have changed my glass and moved on.
Old 14th April 2008, 19:32   #127
BHPian

Guys, let us abandon this, getting nowhere. I was talking about impressions not judging someone's right or taste to listen to loud music in his car and do a seat-belted dance.

IMHO we all have an obligation to live in reasonable harmony with our neighbourhood. We live in a poor third world country. Not saying we should all dress in rags and ride bicycles..but while we have all the right to buy loud cards, wear sexy clothing, dance to loud music on the streets and show off in many other ways, and sort of rub it in on the face, we also have to live with the fact that people form impressions based on that and tend to generalise. It is no more or no less wrong and is as much a fact of life.

Even many IT guys are pissed off when some tycoon conducts an obnoxiously expensive wedding for his son/daughter. Many IT guys respect Narayan Murthy for his humble lifestyle.

The very fact that so many IT guys (IT/BPO does not matter as many do not know / care for the distinction) are the butt of jokes and comments here in this forum, plus lots of others, itself shows there is some fire somewhere or we do not have so much smoke.

Amen.
Old 14th April 2008, 19:33   #128
BANNED

Whats with Lawyers these days? Are they so frustrated with Law that they are taking the Law into their hands?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...bed-death.html (Road-rage : Tiff over parking, IAF pilot stabbed to death)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
Old 14th April 2008, 19:37   #129
BANNED

The point is those who indulge in those activities are not necessarily from IT. In fact most won't be from IT. So the impression formed is incorrect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggkg View Post
but while we have all the right to buy loud cars, wear sexy clothing, dance to loud music on the streets and show off in many other ways, and sort of rub it in on the face, we also have to live with the fact that people form impressions based on that and tend to generalise.
Old 14th April 2008, 19:42   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post

This whole thing happened in front of a court house. So in few secs there were about 7,8 lawyers appeared from no where. And started shouting, arguing with me. Now what heck can i argue with them?!?!

A traffic constable came in looking what all fuss is about. He then realized whats going on... was kind of non committal, told me report to ashok nagar police station and he will call them over wireless and inform them. I then went there and gave a complaint. Only the insurance formality was done. As i said no FIR.

Infact they searched(don't know where, guess in some computer data base) for bike reg no. And couldn't locate it. I had taken the pic of number plate in mobile. So i am pretty sure about the no.

They said, they will try to locate the vehicle and inform me. A week has gone by. I have changed my glass and moved on.
Do you have the right to sue him for assault and battery etc., and damage to property, emotional distress blah blah blah.. (just curious not that it is worthwhile doing it with the best outcome being an award of Rs.250/- after 25 years and the worst you paying him for breaking his hand.)

Any lawyers in this forum?!
Old 14th April 2008, 19:53   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
The point is those who indulge in those activities are not necessarily from IT. In fact most won't be from IT. So the impression formed is incorrect.
Exactly my thoughts.

Sorry to hear about the incident Amitoj.On the same road I was once tailgated by a very aggressive Indicab.Initially I thought of giving him the way but couldn't because of a WagonR in front.Then that guy started honking and came too close to my car for my comfort.The way he was tailgating/honking pissed me off totally and I didn't budged.Eventually I was able to shrug him off my tail anyway but I wasn't feeling good about the incident.I normally don't try race on the street.But now I think I've done the right thing by not giving him way or I would've ended up in the same situation as yours and being a hot-headed I'm, it would have turned worse for sure.
Old 14th April 2008, 20:04   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Ha ha ha ha so now the IT guys getting paid well makes the auto drivers thugs ha ha ha ha another great one: tapping on the steering wheel of the car bought by paying through the nose for the EMI's makes the lower income folks irritated classic example man you guys deserve Nobel Prizes in all feilds.

Its nothing but a blind eye turned by the rest of the crowd. If the whole crowd watching as mute spectators get together thrash the daylights out of the auto driver, see them becoming noble folks in a day. Its we who quitely watch wrong being done who are to be blamed, the auto drivers and thugs are just using our no-***** attitude for their own gain, simple.
Spitfire its a true fact that techies are targetted more by these thugs in the form of cabbies and auto drivers.The reason is very simple,they have costly items associated with them like laptops,expensive mobiles credit cards compared to an usual person.The second reason is usually they are outsiders witout any contacts and can be easily threatened and robbed.And finally odd working hours also make them the prey.There are groups of people who especially targets the techies because of this.So the matter is simple here...these thugs want to make money and they target the easiest and rich prey.I am not saying that being a techie is the sole reason of these attacks but the notion of these robbers that the people in the industry are paid much much higher than their counterparts in other fields.

And regarding beating them up how many of us are willing to join together and do it.Next day you have to go to office sharp 9 'o'clock and dont have time to run after the police and rowdies.So its easy to say than done.May be if you are a localite and have enuf contacts and time to enjoy the fruits of beating them up......Otherwise they will add one more case against you and brand you as a rowdy.
Old 14th April 2008, 20:16   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebin View Post
Spitfire its a true fact that techies are targetted more by these thugs in the form of cabbies and auto drivers.The reason is very simple,they have costly items associated with them like laptops,expensive mobiles credit cards compared to an usual person.The second reason is usually they are outsiders witout any contacts and can be easily threatened and robbed.And finally odd working hours also make them the prey.There are groups of people who especially targets the techies because of this.So the matter is simple here...these thugs want to make money and they target the easiest and rich prey.I am not saying that being a techie is the sole reason of these attacks but the notion of these robbers that the people in the industry are paid much much higher than their counterparts in other fields.

And regarding beating them up how many of us are willing to join together and do it.Next day you have to go to office sharp 9 'o'clock and dont have time to run after the police and rowdies.So its easy to say than done.May be if you are a localite and have enuf contacts and time to enjoy the fruits of beating them up......Otherwise they will add one more case against you and brand you as a rowdy.
Also Techies are those ppl who sit in AC offices in comfort and just crib about everything and do nothing... So its easy to target them, as they are not street smart.. :-)
Old 14th April 2008, 20:29   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
After this incident, I lost total faith in Police!
What I find completely missing is that you didn't mention that your wife wears the helmet religiously, atleast for decent length drives/trips to/fro home?

This is the country. Affixing blame never helped anyone. Our m800 was hit by a bus in FRONT of a PCR van, and the bus driver tried to escape by attempting to push the m800 away - it was being dragged perpendicularly, with my mom stuck in her driver seat. And yet, nothing came out of it. Not even an apology. The bus owner said in police station, "I have contacts, do what you will, my bus will be on the road in two days. Go talk to your insurance."

Despite our own contacts, we had to let go. Boss, India mein sab chalta hai. best to just get the eff out of the situation unless you have a posse at hand.

And in this recent lawyer case, that idiot murdered the air force officer in front of his wife, mother and kids. What a stupid fool.

@Others: I haven't lived in bengalooru but some of the stuff around IT guys is plain inaccurate and almost racist to boot from my limited multiple visits there.

@gkrishn: Very very unfortunate.

I've realized of late, that education and a degree does not guarantee pedigree/upbringing. And all I would say to those guys who want to carry a big rod with them - realize that some day it could be yanked from you and used on you.

A pepper spray is better as a defence mechanism - gives the other nothing to hold, can be used from a distance - but even that is to prevent mortal injury. Not in offense.

Last edited by phamilyman : 14th April 2008 at 20:33.
Old 14th April 2008, 20:30   #135
BHPian

I would love to see a cabbie/auto/biker screw with the local population at Shivajinagar. He probably won't get out of there alive.

Sometimes I feel militants from Pakistan are better than these local goons.
Closed Thread