Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Closed Thread

Old 15th April 2008, 19:13   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
after looking at the skid marks i think he did not see the little left curve,and throttled and by the time he realised ...Banggggg... it into the pole,looks very serious high-speed crash,just hope theres no casualities
Luckily (hope) he didnt crash into anyone else coming on the adjoining road (on his right). Definitely missed the turning and went straight into the median. Hope no one is badly hurt.

Thnx for sharing the pics. Looking at the twisted pole, one can imagine the state of the vehicle.
Old 15th April 2008, 19:14   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
after looking at the skid marks i think he did not see the little left curve,and throttled and by the time he realised ...Banggggg... it into the pole,looks very serious high-speed crash,just hope theres no casualities
Ramie it looks like the guy lost control while trying to cut lanes. If you go to the spot, the tyre marks seem to originate in the direction of the lane beside the bridge, and not from on it, unless he was pulling off lunatic lane changes. Anyway lets wait for newspaper reports tomorrow. I doubt any pics of the car taken on the site will be clear, it was pitch dark and not too many streetlights on. Maybe a pic from the Police Station will make it.
Old 16th April 2008, 08:13   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post

Earlier in the day as well, an incident occured at Reclamation, this time near the U-turn. A lot of police vehicles appeared out of nowhere, and a black MUV was towed away with a bike. I'm sorry I do not have any details on this incident either, but pictures (of terrible quality, used digital zoom on my phone cam) I clicked from my window. Looks like somethings been up at Reclamation all day.
Drunk driver takes cop for a ride-Mumbai-Cities-The Times of India

Here's a TOI article in today's newspaper regarding the above incident. Sorry I got a few facts wrong, I posted what I thought it looked like from my window. No wonder there was such a commotion with almost ten cop cars and a police canter showing up to apprehend that fellow. It was a Tavera and not an Innova, my bad. And now I feel stupid about deleting the 2-3 pictures I had clicked of the above incident, even though they were such bad quality that no one would have been able to make anything out.

As for the big one, the crash involving the black car on the same day, there's still no news in the papers. I'm just speculating here but maybe the incident invovles high-profile folks who want a cover-up. I'm really curious to know what the black car was.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 16th April 2008 at 08:14.
Old 16th April 2008, 10:13   #19
BHPian

that car we saw was 100% an exotic. This seems to be a cover up as there has been no news. The speed at which the car was covered and then towed away seemas all shady. and the size of those rims won't fit most indian cars. As you said... HIGH PROFILE! it hasn't even made one line in the news.
Old 16th April 2008, 10:29   #20
BHPian

Default palio 1.6

hey if that car had white 17's on it then it was a black 1.6 palio . heard something about it from my friend dunno if its the same crash

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th April 2008 at 10:45. Reason: tht = that.
Old 16th April 2008, 10:57   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

He has definitely understeered while exiting the ramp. Must be on full throttle for the long straight ahead.
Old 16th April 2008, 11:10   #22
Team-BHP Support

Those skid marks look terribly narrow

The guy must have been going ridiculously fast in order to keep going into the divider at that angle! Seems really strange...

cya
R
Old 16th April 2008, 11:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

This turning at reclamation is a race track for boy racers.I have seen gazzilion of times people nailing the throttle before the turn/at the turn for the open straight stretch ahead.
The road is very tempting.Also while returning on the road on the opposite side its an almost 1 km of empty stretch with almost nil traffic anytime of the day.
There are police barricades sometimes but most of the times its a straight stretch.
Old 16th April 2008, 14:08   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
This turning at reclamation is a race track for boy racers.I have seen gazzilion of times people nailing the throttle before the turn/at the turn for the open straight stretch ahead.
The road is very tempting.Also while returning on the road on the opposite side its an almost 1 km of empty stretch with almost nil traffic anytime of the day.
There are police barricades sometimes but most of the times its a straight stretch.
The police barricades are never at the turning, They're always at the end, and if they're there then 200 bucks for overspeeding. But the biggest danger on this road is random people darting across. If you're well beyond the speeds you should be clocking, you're inviting trouble. Can never predict whether the pedestrian will keep crossing or step back into the previous lane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
that car we saw was 100% an exotic...
Yeah dude. Those rims were massive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikin_sampat View Post
hey if that car had white 17's on it then it was a black 1.6 palio . heard something about it from my friend dunno if its the same crash
I doubt it man. As I said, those rims were massive. And they weren't white, more like the normal matte silver finish types. I hope some information crops up soon. I can't believe not a single guy from the forum passed by the spot except me and liv2drv. Now I really wish I could have stopped to check out what the car was.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 8th September 2010 at 12:01. Reason: merged
Old 17th April 2008, 15:20   #25
Senior - BHPian

It was quite a horrific crash. From what i got to hear from a couple of friends who were in that area was that the car was a BMW 3 series owned by some politicians son. The cops cleared out the situation in no time. Moreover there were not letting people stand closeby either.

X
Old 17th April 2008, 15:23   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Machine View Post
It was quite a horrific crash. From what i got to hear from a couple of friends who were in that area was that the car was a BMW 3 series owned by some politicians son. The cops cleared out the situation in no time. Moreover there were not letting people stand closeby either.

X
Now that I doubt. Half the population of Mumbai must have been there! It was really really crowded. Part of the reason my dad didn't stop the car was because people kept darting across the road and he almost ran over one guy, and that pissed him off to no end.

OT-Black SL (500/55, dont know) with massive Brabus wheels was ripping up and down the road yesterday. Was quite a sight, but the velocities at while the U-turn was taken was rather unnerving.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 8th September 2010 at 12:02.
Old 17th April 2008, 19:44   #27
BHPian

so why doesnt this come under the EXOTiCS and Imports thread. AT the end of the the day it was a BMW that crashed. At least Flying Spur and i believed all along it was something nice. i wnt be surprised if it was the black two door cab that i have been seeing a lot in that area.
Old 17th April 2008, 21:48   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
so why doesnt this come under the EXOTiCS and Imports thread. AT the end of the the day it was a BMW that crashed. At least Flying Spur and i believed all along it was something nice. i wnt be surprised if it was the black two door cab that i have been seeing a lot in that area.
Very true dude. But I wonder if it was really a 3 series. I still can't imagine those rims. Definitely not stock, right? Maybe it was a Six.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 17th April 2008 at 21:51.
Closed Thread