Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 11th April 2006, 19:01   #1
BHPian

Default The Street dog menace

i was going back home today at 530pm after a meet with fellow bhpian binz. we both got some tuning and intake work done on our bikes in indranagar.on my way home near coxtown food world i was doing about 40(i think) when a dog trying to avoid a bmtc bus that starts moving after the bus stop, runs before me. i jam the brakes to avoid crashing into the dog. thats all i remember. according to eye witnesses my bike skid ( front brake jammed) and i fell 1 foot infront off the moving bus (back tyre). the conductor standing on the foot board sees this and screams to the driver to stop . the driver stops half a foot from my shoulder. passers by pulled me out and put some water on my face.( i was unconsius afta i banged my head on the road) wen i wake up they tell me what happened. only some superior being saved me. the injuries i hav suffered are suprisingly numerous( for a crash at 40). i hav a cracked right knee,severe friction burns on both hands, swoolen head( had an mri to confirm i was fine), a severly cut elbow. .
now we come to the worse part immediately after i become consius i first get up and limp to see what happened to my bike.( passers by thought i was crazy.my mudguard is totaly smashed. bike banged god knows what. my front wheel looks like it was hand made by a kid learning to draw. my headlight was smashed. my side shields are dented(recently painted).
i took an auto home .a familiar shopkeeper brought my bike and cell phone home.( a street kid found it and handed it over to me. i was speech less.)
went to hosmat and got my self treated.
only some heavenly force is holding me at home(apart from my mum) from going with my air rifle and taking some sweet revenge..now after some peacefull thought i think my thoughts were stupid. a dog has no sense atleast i should hav had some btw. i still wana shoot the guy incharge of reducing the population of strays.

Last edited by cooljun : 11th April 2006 at 19:03.
cooljun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2006, 19:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

Dude,
firstly, WEAR A HELMET.
Secondly, be happy you survived.
I am sure the dog didn't do it on purpose. He must have gotten scared of the buss revving so close to him (lots of people do it in mumbai. When they pass dogs who are sleeping, they sometimes step on the clutch and revv the car to scare it).
Be happy you are safe (well you aren't dead are you?) and the bus conducter had a presence of mind.
Cheers.
lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2006, 19:16   #3
BHPian

[quote=lamborghini]Dude,
firstly, WEAR A HELMET.
Secondly, be happy you survived.

hey lambo i had a helmet but wusnt wearing it coz my house was a stones throw away and i wanted to get some fresh air( these helmets are godamn stuffy) i am realy thankfull to god and happy to be alive. pity the dog as i told u earlier. i should have bein xtra carefull.

this is a lesson for other bhpians please wear ur helmets. iv learnt a lesson the very hard way and u guys can learn from it.

ps:im no dog hater. i love dogs. its just that i lost my mind seeing my bike.
Old 11th April 2006, 19:37   #4
aZa
Senior - BHPian

hey cooljun !! thank god you survived ... and helmet would prevented a lot i guess. anyways i can understand what u felt bout the dog its obvious but animals dogs or cattle are always unpredictable.

Get well soon bud.

cheers
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2006, 20:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

Thank God for your narrow escape! It is very risky nowadays in Bangalore to travel in two-wheelers. You don't know when a stray dog runs across or when a crazy Auto infront of you takes a left or right or a U turn before you blink your eye! I have stopped taking my bike to office & travel in comfort in my Car!
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2006, 20:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljun

ps:im no dog hater. i love dogs. its just that i lost my mind seeing my bike.
I hate dogs. but i am ok as long as respective owners keep them on leash (read: away from me).

but I know for sure in bangalore, the dogs problem is too much. my brother living there has had enough trouble, and apparently nobody is ready to take any action.

one of my friend's mother suffered tragically while riding pillion with him, because of one of such stray dogs.
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2006, 21:13   #7
BHPian

cooljun its really great news to know you escaped.dogs i have noticed are the worst animals on the road(after humans of course)have never experienced something like you did as i dont ride a bike but even in the car i have swerved to avoid a dog and almost banged an oncoming motor-cyclist!!
once again,GOD is with you!!
carfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2006, 21:54   #8
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

What ??? Man thats quite some injuries u have .. Anyways arjun take care and ride safe .. Which bike is this ?? Ur kine or the RD ?? Psycho and myself were speaking about u this evening about the kini .. Sorry to hear this happened .. Once again take care , bikes/cars come and go .. But whats more important is that u came out safe without any life threatening injuries after such an accident ..

There certainly is someone above taking care of all of us .. Who knows this better than me .. Sincere request to all u riders to pls wear helmets and all u guys who drive to wear seatbelts ..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2006, 23:43   #9
Senior - BHPian

Its ok CJ. **** happens! The most important thing is that you learnt the lesson. Your physical injuries will heal and so will the mental ones eventually. And obviously the bike should be the least of your worries. But from the way you've described the accident, i got the impression that you were overtaking (or about to overtake) from the left side of the bus. Is that so?
Deeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2006, 00:11   #10
BHPian

Hey! Cooljun, Just came back on the forum and I see a PM from you, and this post?

Glad you alright mate. About the dog, can't really say anything, love dogs. Been in this kinda situation before, accident caused by dogs running across the road but I still love them and dont' blame them.

My first accident was just a few meters away from home man, dad forced me to wear the helmet. Its the only thing that saved my life. Hit the footpath so hard the helmet broke. So no such thing as too close to home. You want fresh air, take your dog for a walk bro. Seems like that would be the only safe situation with you and a dog.

Wishing you and your bike a speedy recovery. God bless.
TheCockroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2006, 08:24   #11
BHPian

hey guys thanks for ur good wishes. i crashed my kini not my bros new rd. he would hav caused worse injuries to me than the accident had i crashed his bike. i wusnt overtaking the bus or any vehicle. i was at bout 40 jus cruisin on the empty road(except the bus). as usual the bmtc guy stops in the middle of the road. wen he starts moving again the dog runs into me wen im near the back of the bus.

my kini is screwed,jus found out that it banged into a nearby tree.
.the funny part is the hairline crack on my knee doesnt hurt at all but the friction burns on both my hands are killing me.....
Old 12th April 2006, 08:45   #12
BHPian

Thumbs up

Great escape dude.... The conductor was quick and smart........Cheers to the conductor of the bus!
rankoz350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2006, 09:02   #13
Senior - BHPian

This Month is not good for some fellow Bhpiians including me.. Thank god you survived the crash... Wishing for your speedy recovery..
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2006, 09:45   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Whoa cooljun! those are a lot of injuries for 40 kmph. Jus goes to show one can never be too cautious or too slow. Wish you and your kini a speedy recovery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
This Month is not good for some fellow Bhpiians including me..
what happened to you???

Take care everyone...
Amitoj
amitoj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2006, 11:07   #15
BHPian

Thats a lot of injury bro. Glad to know that you survived from under the wheels of a BMTC bus. Appreciate the conductors and drivers reflexes.

Don't worry too much about your bike, you can get it done again. Get Well Soon. Take Care.
S@~+#0$# is offline   Reply With Quote