Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 21st March 2013, 10:10   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Heartfelt Gratitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyotirupam View Post
I hope this sweet 'end' will open a new 'beginning' for Kool_kid. His 'Heartfelt' Gratitude is surely going to open a new 'beginning' .
We all hope the same for the fraternity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
If not too personal and In-case you want to tell us how. We are all eyes.

Long time read a love story. Always wanted to read one which is real.
Will be glad to share!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyotirupam View Post
Googleman. We are hooked to this thread for some real and sweet love stories, @saket77, can you share ? The incident started with a CAR, so this love story will still carry some TBHP flavour.
That's so typical being a Tbhpian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
You are a wicked man, Saket. Bring out your story here or Normally_Moderator will ban you for life, get his attention here soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Dude, spill out the 6 years in-the-middle suspense. Start from how you met the girl who huffed at you at the store again . Else as E_L says N_C will ban you for life
It's better to share than get banned for life...

To all my TBHP friends, I will surely post how it all happened very soon.

Thanks,
Saket
saket77 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2013, 11:13   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Keeping my promise and I am glad to share my story! Here it is...

It was first week of January 2006. Around 5-6 Jan probably. I had just finished taking all my MBA entrance tests like MAT/ CAT/ XAT and all other tests that end with 'AT' and was kind of little free from the 'burden' of preparations. (Probably people do not study as much while their MBAs itself or for that matter any other curriculum as much as they do for the entrance!)

Coming back to the topic, I used to live in a company colony back then where all markets were just outside the colony area; where we usually shopped for vegetables and other grocery. That area was also a residential area. I went to that market to get some cold drinks & sweets for some guests who would be coming over for dinner, where a girl was crossing the streets almost recklessly with her full attention on managing the grocery bags in her hand and totally disregarding the traffic on road which included 'ME'

I had to almost hard brake my car to provide her a safe passage. (later I came to know that she never knew that it happened...but its a cruel life I guess!) She went to the same store where I had to go. I went there after parking my car & by that time she was almost done with her shopping. I realized that this girl is kind of sweet and as I have just SAVED her, she might be obliged to talk! Now, as said earlier, I am a shy guy when it comes to girls, but that day or better to say that time, I was something that I am not usually! Probably I was pretty confident (or over confident which later it would turn out to be.)

I went near her and said that 'hope you are okay...and I am sorry...but anyway...May I know you?' I had spoken this much to which she blunted asked 'Who are you? & I don't want to talk to you' and walked away! I somehow saved my face and paid the guy for the stuff and drove back. I came back to my senses and asked myself...'What I have done? I am not that kind of guy who goes eve-teasing girls...why I had to do it?' I felt embarrassed & humiliated at the same time.

For 2-3 days, I did not go to that area, even given that my best friend lived there too.

Then after a few days when my self-embarrassment diluted a bit, I gathered to the courage to go see my friend. (by all these 2-3 days, my friend used to come to my place mainly to make fun of the episode and then also encourage me to find new ways to 'win' the girl!). We decided to take walks in the evening so that we can discuss these things...as home was not the 'proper' place for it with parents around!

One day while taking a walk, we were shocked to see the same girl with her friend taking a walk too! On seeing her, I was so frightened that I changed lanes so that we don't come face to face! She was also looking embarrassed and was continuously looking down. Her friend was in all smiles looking at me and on the verge of laughing and then I realized that probably something is 'cooking' there too!

After a few days went by this way and some unplanned meetings like this, I again gathered the courage, remembered my forefathers and decided that today its now or never.

There she was, having pani-puri with her same friend in that market only. My friend told me that 'its your war and you have to face it alone...go my friend'. I walked to the girls...my friend went to pass his time in an electrical's shop from where he was able to see (& monitor) us too.

I remember word by word what followed...

Me: Hi...again.
The Girl : Oh...you...ah...hi. (This at least was not an outright rejection, so gave me some confidence)

Me: Look, I am really sorry for that day...I really really apologize for my weird behavior. I am really very sorry. ( I said this without fumbling; read about boosted confidence in the above line)

The Girl : I am sorry too, as I went on to be a bit too much rude that day. (Now I knew that I am through!...at least for friendship)

Me: It's okay..completely okay. (My friend was able to see us, but not hear us...to pass some time, and to look like a genuine customer, he asked for a bulb from the shopkeeper)

Girl : Meet my friend xxxxx.
Me: Hello xxxxx, then turned to my girl and said that I don't know your name too! (she looked shocked! probably for the reason that I had not done my homework well!)

Then she told me her name....my friend in the shop by now had bought a plug too.

Then & there only we discussed about our education, hobbies and other general talks....And to be in the electrical shop & 'monitor the situation', my friend was obliged to buy more stuff...so a wire and a bulb holder for now!

Now, she told me that they were getting late and will like to leave now, we went on to say perpetual goodbyes....My friend in the shop had by now asked the shopkeeper to fix the entire set...plug, wire, holder and the bulb.

That was how we met...a month later, I proposed to her, which she accepted. We had a courtship period of 6 long years...during all this time, I completed my MBA from a reputed institute in Ranchi itself and got placed in a Research firm in N-Delhi. During this time, we managed to convince our parents and we finally got married last year in June!

So guys, that's my story. I know that was long but hope you liked it.

Now, if you would like to see the couple, you can find us right on this forum itself here:http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...te-bhutan.html (The Last Shangri-La…at the last minute - Bhutan!)

Its basically a travelogue that I wrote for our visit to Bhutan last year and it has our pictures too.

Regards,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 21st March 2013 at 11:22.
saket77 is online now   (30) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2013, 13:37   #63
BHPian

^^ Awesome Saket. Reminds one of the typical boy meets girl where the girl mistakes the boy to be a bad guy only later to realize that he's a nice guy and in the end if everything works out - they get married
kaka46 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2013, 13:52   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaka46 View Post
^^ Awesome Saket. Reminds one of the typical boy meets girl where the girl mistakes the boy to be a bad guy only later to realize that he's a nice guy and in the end if everything works out - they get married
Thanks a lot...for the 'nice boy' tag!

Sometimes the girls take a long time to realize this & when they actually realize it, the nice guys may have moved to other nice girls! Just kiddin'...

Thankfully not here.
Old 21st March 2013, 14:45   #65
Senior - BHPian

After going through the whole saga and few comments on "opportunity" I cant resist myself by posting this small incident, which actually still keeps me young at heart and alive even after crossing 40 and still whenever I see her my heart starts pumping just the way it use to do in my teen age.

Couple of months back one of my neighbors car had flat Tyre(unfortunately hubby was away on official trip to US) that too on Sunday evening when I returned back from weekly shopping and she was about to go for the same in her car with kids, She asked me if I know any puncher repairing guys around our area, as a good neighbor after dropping kid and wife I went out to check that puncher shop guy and due to Sunday he was also closed.
I came back and told her that today no one is around to repair the flat Tyre, why not take my car and complete your weekend shopping, and the reply was "That's OK as of now I can manage without shopping, only thing I am worried about tomorrow morning office, how I'll manage", and this dumb head guy instead of offering lift till work place said, oh that's not an big issue catch one auto and go to work
We share good chemistry but knows each others limitation and manage the decency and happy that without crossing any boundaries also one can be happy and enjoy the feeling that someone cares for you
Ajaybiz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2013, 15:03   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
After going through the whole saga and few comments on "opportunity" I cant resist myself by posting this small incident, which actually still keeps me young at heart and alive even after crossing 40 and still whenever I see her my heart starts pumping just the way it use to do in my teen age.

Couple of months back one of my neighbors car had flat Tyre(unfortunately hubby was away on official trip to US) that too on Sunday evening when I returned back from weekly shopping and she was about to go for the same in her car with kids, She asked me if I know any puncher repairing guys around our area, as a good neighbor after dropping kid and wife I went out to check that puncher shop guy and due to Sunday he was also closed.
I came back and told her that today no one is around to repair the flat Tyre, why not take my car and complete your weekend shopping, and the reply was "That's OK as of now I can manage without shopping, only thing I am worried about tomorrow morning office, how I'll manage", and this dumb head guy instead of offering lift till work place said, oh that's not an big issue catch one auto and go to work
We share good chemistry but knows each others limitation and manage the decency and happy that without crossing any boundaries also one can be happy and enjoy the feeling that someone cares for you
Whoa! We can safely term that as a lost opportunity. But good for your domestic life...you know that you have to return to YOUR home after office.
Old 13th April 2014, 23:59   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post

That was how we met...a month later, I proposed to her, which she accepted. We had a courtship period of 6 long years...during all this time, I completed my MBA from a reputed institute in Ranchi itself and got placed in a Research firm in N-Delhi. During this time, we managed to convince our parents and we finally got married last year in June!

Regards,
Saket
Hi Saket, thanks for taking the trouble to share your love story. I used to think these kind of things only happened in movies

This just goes on to show, some unexpected events in life are just meant to happen.
BTW what did your friend do with his new bulb assembly?
RonXRi94 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2014, 10:08   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonXRi94 View Post
Hi Saket, thanks for taking the trouble to share your love story. I used to think these kind of things only happened in movies

This just goes on to show, some unexpected events in life are just meant to happen.
BTW what did your friend do with his new bulb assembly?
Thanks man for taking out time to go through these posts. Yes, even I thought these stuff can happen only in the movies, but as they say, sometimes truth is stranger than fiction! Even when we ourselves look back at the events, we find them strange and un-earthly. Cannot believe it is more than 8 years now...feels like it was just yesterday.

And about the bulb wire assembly, last heard of, my friend was planning to gift us the set on our wedding day but some threatening ensured that it stays with him and we get something more useful.

Regards,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 14th April 2014 at 10:10.
Old 14th April 2014, 22:17   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
@saket77:

Copied from that girl's facebook page:

Can u believe a guy tried to hit me with his car, and then tried to smooth talk me?! Gosh! I can't wait to get married to an NRI.

So far 287 likes and few comments similar to 'Awwwww.'
You, sir, are one hell of a scumbag

Quote:
Thanks man for taking out time to go through these posts. Yes, even I thought these stuff can happen only in the movies, but as they say, sometimes truth is stranger than fiction! Even when we ourselves look back at the events, we find them strange and un-earthly. Cannot believe it is more than 8 years now...feels like it was just yesterday.

And about the bulb wire assembly, last heard of, my friend was planning to gift us the set on our wedding day but some threatening ensured that it stays with him and we get something more useful.

Regards,
Saket
Very true man, we get so absorbed with our lives, that one day we stop, look back and wonder, gosh, when did all those years fly by?

Anyway, here's wishing you many years of happy married life with your hard-earned partner
RonXRi94 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2014, 06:40   #70
Senior - BHPian

Ha ha! Saket. What a happy story you just told us!

I loved the part about your friend keeping busy pretending to be a genuine customer in the electrical shop and continuously buying things randomly.. Ha ha!
A good laugh in the morning is exactly what I needed!

All the best!

Quote:
Then after a few days when my self-embarrassment diluted a bit, I gathered to the courage to go see my friend. (by all these 2-3 days, my friend used to come to my place mainly to make fun of the episode and then also encourage me to find new ways to 'win' the girl!). We decided to take walks in the evening so that we can discuss these things...as home was not the 'proper' place for it with parents around!

One day while taking a walk, we were shocked to see the same girl with her friend taking a walk too! On seeing her, I was so frightened that I changed lanes so that we don't come face to face! She was also looking embarrassed and was continuously looking down. Her friend was in all smiles looking at me and on the verge of laughing and then I realized that probably something is 'cooking' there too!

After a few days went by this way and some unplanned meetings like this, I again gathered the courage, remembered my forefathers and decided that today its now or never.

There she was, having pani-puri with her same friend in that market only. My friend told me that 'its your war and you have to face it alone...go my friend'. I walked to the girls...my friend went to pass his time in an electrical's shop from where he was able to see (& monitor) us too.

I remember word by word what followed...

Me: Hi...again.
The Girl : Oh...you...ah...hi. (This at least was not an outright rejection, so gave me some confidence)

Me: Look, I am really sorry for that day...I really really apologize for my weird behavior. I am really very sorry. ( I said this without fumbling; read about boosted confidence in the above line)

The Girl : I am sorry too, as I went on to be a bit too much rude that day. (Now I knew that I am through!...at least for friendship)

Me: It's okay..completely okay. (My friend was able to see us, but not hear us...to pass some time, and to look like a genuine customer, he asked for a bulb from the shopkeeper)

Girl : Meet my friend xxxxx.
Me: Hello xxxxx, then turned to my girl and said that I don't know your name too! (she looked shocked! probably for the reason that I had not done my homework well!)

Then she told me her name....my friend in the shop by now had bought a plug too.

Then & there only we discussed about our education, hobbies and other general talks....And to be in the electrical shop & 'monitor the situation', my friend was obliged to buy more stuff...so a wire and a bulb holder for now!

Now, she told me that they were getting late and will like to leave now, we went on to say perpetual goodbyes....My friend in the shop had by now asked the shopkeeper to fix the entire set...plug, wire, holder and the bulb.

Now, if you would like to see the couple, you can find us right on this forum itself here:http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...te-bhutan.html (The Last Shangri-La…at the last minute - Bhutan!)

Its basically a travelogue that I wrote for our visit to Bhutan last year and it has our pictures too.

Regards,
Saket
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2014, 10:09   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You, sir, are one hell of a scumbag
True. That post of Ani was a killer!

Quote:
Very true man, we get so absorbed with our lives, that one day we stop, look back and wonder, gosh, when did all those years fly by?

Anyway, here's wishing you many years of happy married life with your hard-earned partner
Thank you so much for your wishes. Wish the same for you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Ha ha! Saket. What a happy story you just told us!

I loved the part about your friend keeping busy pretending to be a genuine customer in the electrical shop and continuously buying things randomly.. Ha ha!
A good laugh in the morning is exactly what I needed!

All the best!
Thank you Shankar! Life keeps throwing strange things towards us. To make it more complicated, we ourselves then add some spices deliberately to it...as I did

To tell you, at times to make fun of my then precarious situation, my wife will enact and say things as she did on day 1 while rejecting me. Thanks to all such things that keeps the flames kindling in our lives. I am sure, we all have had such moments.

Regards,
Saket