Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 25th April 2008, 10:30   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
I have seen the tow guys use a ruler and open the door of cars and disengage the gear and handbrake before they tow the car away.
It will not work with all car locks.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2008, 10:35   #32
Senior - BHPian

After much thought, here is my advice!

Employ a security guard to protect the car at no-parking zones! It will be good if he carries a gun too! (Water gun will do!)

Better still, buy a revolving red light and fix it on your car's roof!
Chevy_lover is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2008, 10:59   #33
Senior - BHPian

Put a "BHARAT SARKAR" sticker on the car. That scares the day lights out of them. I have seen it myself.

Leave alone a Dodge Ram. I have seen these guys try to open a hardtop Mahindra Commander 750DPI without success. They just left it in its place and went ahead. Tried struggling for 20 minutes before giving up and I was watching the fun all along
Dippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2008, 00:41   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
I have seen the tow guys use a ruler and open the door of cars and disengage the gear and handbrake before they tow the car away.
How about having a better gear lock in such a way that we can lock the gear in 1st and have the Handbrake engaged along with foot break with some rod tied to the steering (as we see in Mr Bean)

For the Iron Jeep or other similar ones, simply connect the battery terminals to some mini voltage amplifier and then to the Iron stuff and leave bonnet open and none will dare to touch your machine if you have a sticker "CAUTION : RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK @ 256 Volts"

Last edited by TrueDreamer : 26th April 2008 at 00:43.
TrueDreamer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2008, 10:35   #35
Senior - BHPian

Like the Idea mobile phone ad says - 'what an idea'? It was plain hilarious reading all posts on how to prevent your 4 wheeler from being towed.....
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 11:27   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Leave alone a Dodge Ram. I have seen these guys try to open a hardtop Mahindra Commander 750DPI without success. They just left it in its place and went ahead. Tried struggling for 20 minutes before giving up and I was watching the fun all along
i used to work for a ford dealer some time ago. During that time, the Endeavour TD vehicle was parked quite a number of times on one of the busiest roads but it was never towed away. When I asked the driver why so, he claimed once they tried towing it away the front wheels of the towing truck went air borne. I am not sure how true is this but i think they bribed / came to an understanding with the local Traffic PS guys.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 13:21   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

It's easy to stop it being towed* away... just fit a couple of wheel clamps like the ones the police use to collect parking 'fines' from you --- front and back.

But don't forget them when you get back to the car to drive off!

*In london they do not tow; they lift the car using slings onto the back of the truck. They have to be able to cope with any and all sorts of immobilisation devices that people use against car thieves.

Here's my less serious idea: a few drops of super-glue where each tire meets the road . But I guess you have to clean all the surfaces first...
Thad E Ginathom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 12:03   #38
LLL
BHPian

The only solutions that will work are...

1. park your car in parking zone
2. ride a SUV or a big car. Never seen them towing an SUV and they are scared **** of touching an expensive car.
3. Put some police, lawyer, magistrate, military or govt sticker on your car. they are scared **** of these folks..especially the lawyers.
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 14:23   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
The only solutions that will work are...

1. park your car in parking zone
2. ride a SUV or a big car. Never seen them towing an SUV and they are scared **** of touching an expensive car.
3. Put some police, lawyer, magistrate, military or govt sticker on your car. they are scared **** of these folks..especially the lawyers.

completely vouch for it
lady in my locality is a lawyer, shes got a bar council sticker on her car. Never have seen her car being towed away.
kavesh55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 15:03   #40
BANNED

1. Have a record play loudly all the dirty swear words in the local language automatically 2. Put a 'POLICE' sticker on the bumper on front and rear
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2008, 15:07   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Actually, it seems quite scary that the police can be so easily put off.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2008, 22:37   #42
BHPian

Have a RTO or municipal corporation protocol label on your windscreen. No cop would try towing the car.
adheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2008, 23:08   #43
BHPian

And we were expecting some solution for this problem..

Another [FONT=Arial]Genuine way of not getting your car towed away is hiring a driver. Though i would'nt do that![/FONT]
CorsaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2008, 02:17   #44
BHPian

Since we are into unleashing our creativity, i recommend 4 permanently fixed hydraulic jacks to lift the wheels clear off the road once parked. Cant be towed no more.
ajith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2008, 10:08   #45
Senior - BHPian

Reading about all this has , i have a solution myslef,maybe i should just leave the car home and take public... or maybe i should buy a auto rickshaw... never seen one them get towed away hehe ehehehehehe
sumeethaldankar is online now   Reply With Quote