Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 24th April 2008, 16:42   #1
BHPian

Default Unfair Traffic Cops

I went today with my friends for lunch near ORR,Bangalore. Unfortunately I parked in no parking area. (This is the first time in my life I am getting fined. I am very gentle in road, follows all rules even if other break and always take care not to park in wrong place even if I have to take the pain)There was not board near by. The towing vehicle came. And stopped near my vehicle. I saw and ran towards them
They charged me 300 rs (100 rs for wrong parking and 300 for towing).I told him they did'nt did the towing then how can they charge me. That SI even won't know English (I don't know how he became SI (Airport police station)).My friends talked with in kannada and he didn’t agreed. And those guys where misbehaving and dis -respecting us. They are supposed to serve us!.I have noticed the number of the towing vehicle.

At last after lot of hungama they left. I couldn’t do any thing.
First the government is allowing so many hotels and shops to come with out any parking plan. Second how craps this people charge as what ever they want. He gave be a receipt. The funny part is that he gave me both parts (the receipt and counter file).I know that was fake one and money goes to this guys pocket.

Can we do some thing about such crap people? If I complaint will some thing happen. I know this money is shared by every body. So even if complain some thing will happen?

Please give your suggestions.How can i take forward ?Rather then money I am pissed of their attitude

Last edited by manziee_crusier : 24th April 2008 at 16:44. Reason: typo
manziee_crusier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 16:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

Taking it forward is a good thing to do, but futile!

Just forget it mate! For replacing one rotten apple, there are 100 others! Let the incident pass. (Yes; a very typical 'let go' attitude, unfortunately! :-( )
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 17:02   #3
BHPian

These kind of incidents make your blood boil but there is very little one can do, unless one is prepared to pursue it relentlessly and take it to the whole stretch. But who has that much time?

Your first encounter with a uniformed extortion racket . Definitely not a pleasant one.
Bigzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 17:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Taking it forward is a good thing to do, but futile!

Just forget it mate! For replacing one rotten apple, there are 100 others! Let the incident pass. (Yes; a very typical 'let go' attitude, unfortunately! :-( )
Yes, that is the only thing you can do. Even if you complain, they won't listen to you, because you did the wrong parking!

You can send an email to some local newspapers. It will only help you highlight this issue.
Chevy_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 17:23   #5
BHPian

Can any one gives the penalties for traffic rule violation in Bangalore?
Old 24th April 2008, 17:30   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manziee_crusier View Post
They charged me 300 rs (100 rs for wrong parking and 300 for towing).I told him they did'nt did the towing then how can they charge me.
Is your math correct? I mean the total!
Chevy_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 17:36   #7
BHPian

I had read a report sometime ago that most of the Traffic Cops own the towing trucks they are travelling; the towing truck owners get 50% of the amount paid as fine as their commission which means all the money goes to the Cops pocket and the guys on the van are paid a salary. So we cant do much even if we are right.
Hurrycane12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 17:43   #8
Senior - BHPian

I can totally empathise with u bro.
I was also stopped on the ORR last sunday. They asked me for the papers and I showed all of them to them (license,reg and insurance) then they asked me for the road tax papers (i drive an HR vehicle) I told them i had just shifted and will do it before the period of 6 months as per the rule (thanks team bhp ) .

They then wanted to see the no pollution cert and I was stuck.

The SI told me that there would be a Rs600 fine for this and that he would give me a reciept. Thankfully I had only Rs 300 in the purse and showed it to him.

He then tried to figure out what offence he could fit for a rs 300 fine
He then said that he would charge me for driving wthout D/L and wrote that in the reciept and took rs300 as fine.

Lol , it was like shopping for groceries with not enough money in the pocket ...
How much are the big potatoes..Rs 600 sir
oh I have only 300 ...ok no problems, why dont u take the onions, they cost rs 300
sammyboy is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 17:47   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post

The SI told me that there would be a Rs600 fine for this and that he would give me a reciept. Thankfully I had only Rs 300 in the purse and showed it to him.

He then tried to figure out what offence he could fit for a rs 300 fine
He then said that he would charge me for driving wthout D/L and wrote that in the reciept and took rs300 as fine.

Why dont you go to a mobile court with the DL and tell them you were wrongly fined by the inspector?

Would be fun.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 17:52   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Why dont you go to a mobile court with the DL and tell them you were wrongly fined by the inspector?

Would be fun.
lol I am sure, but on the otherhand I this was the first time I was caught in my 2 years in bangy ( was here for 2 yrs ...went back to del and then came back after 6 months) so I guess I will try to quietly exist
sammyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 18:13   #11
BHPian

Last month when I was at Mumbai I saw this. A Maruthi 800 was parked in front of Reliance office near Hira Panna. Suddenly a traffic cop towing truck comes. 3 guys jumped off the truck. One guy started marking on the road using chalk piece, writing something. Other fella came holding a steel measuring scale and started inserting between the glass and beading of front window. Apparently he was trying to open the lock! Mean while the owner of the car came out and started shouting at them. After 4-5 mins, they left. I guess they did not fine him though.
So, even if you engage handbrake, leave the car in reverse/first gear, they can tow the car away! What if the security system is installed in the car and police try to open the lock!? How police will manage it? They might already know how to disable it as well.
BTW, guys doing these things were not police constables etcetera, but I guess they were labors contracted by police.
shyamhegde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 18:44   #12
Team-BHP Support

At this point of time, may i guide you people to this link as well?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...depiction.html (Cops in Bangalore - a pictorial depiction)

No wonder they are respected so much.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 18:51   #13
BHPian

Never mess around with police, unless you have the clout. If you don't mind paying the extra violations that you didn't agree, just request for the chalan and pay in Bangalore One office. That way, money does not go to their hands and you don't have to visit the police station to pay the fine also. BTW, you can pay in any Bangalore One office, not necessarily in the concerned jurisdiction.
opendro is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2008, 19:08   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Is your math correct? I mean the total!
Oh yeah it was 400 in total.I wrote in so much frustration that lot of typos also came.
Old 24th April 2008, 19:20   #15
BHPian

Btw if you guys wanna see a joke go to

:: www.bangaloretrafficpolice.gov.in- About Bangalore City Traffic Police ::

and click complaint