Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 23rd May 2008, 15:51   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Are you related to Eakta Kapoor by any chance Dolphinji ?
Why? Are you willing to see one more Soap Opera made out of this suspense thriller?

@ Dolphin: This appears to be thriller. Now, out with rest of the story and in one post. No breaking of posts. Enough of keeping us in suspense and taking us for a ride (?)
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2008, 15:55   #62
BHPian

Dolphin,
don't get intimidated by the possible brickbats...
the fact that you are writing, means that you are brave enough to accept "possible" mistakes from your side, and ready to rectify it.

If criticism is stopping you from second part...
please have them coming, after all people here are all well wishers, and if they say something, its for your to improve and be a responsible driver.
sriturl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2008, 16:16   #63
Senior - BHPian

As he stated clearly that,he is also on work,and does the write up in his breaks + posts are moderated first as a newbie,please dont be harsh,the guy is telling us it full depth and details about the unfortunate incident of his life,I am sure this is worst nightmare which he can't forget and is sharing with us to get a bit relief.Let it flow the way it is.

Last edited by ramie2400 : 23rd May 2008 at 16:19.
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2008, 16:26   #64
Senior - BHPian

I think he has already rectified his style of driving. This accident was in 2003, a good 5 years back.
Old 23rd May 2008, 16:26   #65
Senior - BHPian

One of the best written experiences in the forum. we do hope that it is all true & not a figment of your imagination. some photos would help.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2008, 16:32   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
One of the best written experiences in the forum. we do hope that it is all true & not a figment of your imagination.
True or not, it remains one of the best written pieces on the forum!
anupmathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2008, 17:28   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
True or not, it remains one of the best written pieces on the forum!
Or it should be called the best horrifying rescue experience of the Team-bhp !!
ashthedivx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2008, 17:33   #68
BHPian

Maybe OT, but had to applaud your writing skills . Mate, you have some hidden talent in there. And add that to your rash driving tendencies and you got a best seller in hand.

Chill dude, just kidding. Do continue ASAP.
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2008, 17:46   #69
BHPian

The most involving write-up of that I have come across in t-bhp. You definitely have a great future in writing, if you will, Dolphin! Hats off to your writing skills and thank God, you are safe!
Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2008, 19:38   #70
Senior - BHPian

Where are you Dolphin? You are giving a serious competition to Sam's travelogues ;-)
kaushik_s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2008, 20:09   #71
Senior - BHPian

My oh my !! Chaps can we hang on till he completes narrating his experience or rather can one of the mod's merge/make his posts consecutive please.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2008, 22:05   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
can one of the mod's merge/make his posts consecutive please.
That would wreck the continuity of the thread.
We have a great cliff hanger about wrecking cars here!
Old 24th May 2008, 09:17   #73
BHPian

Default Pleasure Trip turned Horror-4

Thanks for all your comments guys. It sets me going. The events that happened were too many, it's very difficult to put them in 2 or 3 posts. Also, there is the time factor.

Whatever I am writing, every bit of it is true, nothing has been concocted.
I have some photos taken at the spot the next day. But I don’t have the photo of the car in its fallen position. It was dark and the camera we had was an old roller type model. The situation we were in, it never occurred to us that we should take a photo of the car.

@kaushik s no competition to Sam, he is the guru.

Here is the next part:

The truck started moving in reverse. The car swerved a little but would not come loose. Then the truck driver said that he will have to jerk it, consequences- more damage to the car. I said ok. Then he slightly accelerated and jerked (tugged) it and the car came loose with a loud thud sound. My heart skipped a beat.

As it was pulled up, the underbody of the car scrapped the side wall with sputtering metal sound and finally we had the car on the road.
We began to check the damages. Lifted the bonnet and saw that the engine had tilted to the right. It looked as if it was falling off on one side. The engine bedding was broken probably. Then we focused the torches and saw below the car (front) and saw oil leaking from the engine case. Lot of scratches all over the body, mainly in the front and little dents here and there. But the headlights were not broken.

Ok, now the problem was what to do with the car as it was not drivable, no mechanics for a Cielo anywhere near. And looking at the damages, it had to be taken to an authorized service center. We had to decide whether to leave the car there, on the roadside or take it to some other place, probably the village.

The truck people gave their opinion saying that it was a better idea to take the car to the village, as leaving it there would be dangerous because of the elephants. But how to take it downhill! We could not start the car. If the car is not started the power steering becomes very stiff and the brakes do not work.

How can the truck “tow” the car downhill? The car would hit it from behind. (The handbrakes were not good enough to hold the weight of the car downhill.) Then the truck driver gave us an idea. Hook the car to the front of the truck, such that the car goes first and the truck controls it, like a dog on a leash! Oh, what an idea!

After what had happened, I really didn’t want to sit in the driver’s seat. The truck driver volunteered to steer the car, someone else would drive the truck. Some guys pushed the car onto the road, into position. The car was hooked to the front of the truck with the same metal rope, I sat in the car with the truck driver.

The truck began to move slowly and so did the car. The original truck driver now in the car had a good physique and he steered the car with little difficulty. Slow and steady we reached the village and parked the car at the first available tea hotel.

At the same time my Uncle, Aunty and the girl arrived from MM hills in a Tata 407. They had brought a strong metal chain with them. Poor chaps, so much trouble because of me. Seeing that I was low on morale, they assured me saying, it is ok, don’t worry, these things happen, atleast we are not hurt and are safe. Such lovely people.

We talked with the truck people about money we owe them for their services and they said they didn’t expect anything. Such nice people, they were so helpful and it would have been very very difficult without them. So, forcible gave them money with a generous heart. The driver’s name was Rizwan I think. Will never forget all of them.

Next we requested permission from the tea stall lady to park the car at her shop until we could arrange for it to be taken away. She cordially said yes. So, we all set out to the hills in the Tata 407, breathing the sanitary mountain air.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2008, 10:51   #74
Senior - BHPian

Wow, Dolphin!
I certainly hope there is more to come!
We have to hear the WHOLE story now, including your holiday triplog and photos!
Old 24th May 2008, 11:03   #75
Senior - BHPian

@ Dolphin: Is this the end or still to come? Actually, we are expecting whole of the story till you reached your home.