Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 29th May 2008, 20:20   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
I had asked about the grille and was quoted 6.6K. Not sure if it's the old or the new one. If the grill is damaged, IMO it's better to get a nice custom mesh grille done from a body shop. Should surely be cheaper.
We paid 6.6K for old grille. As you can see, this grille does not suit the color of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
Similar crash last June of my Wagon R came upto 75K. Here the bill was lesser as i know the supervisor at the A.S.S personally and they did not try to bully in with unecessary replacements of parts.
You are somewhat lucky !

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
Just wanted to convey my relief that no one was seriously injured.
And I agree with you, seatbelts are a must.
No body was seriously injured, but there was an injury, which could have been avoided with use of seat belts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM View Post
Check again,one more msg for you my friend.
Got that one and will be doing that.
aaggoswami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 10:25   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Are you sure they were the same sets?

Yes, my friend, Absolutely positive.

From the prices, it seems that ASC was quoting for the EIII ones, and spares shop ordered for the EII lamps. ASCs stock both types.

I agree that they do, but the cost mentioned is for EII. Confirmed !!!

Do you want me to ask Prakash Automobiles about the cost of the grill as well ? Let's check the difference if there is any.....
mayurpalav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008, 10:51   #48
Senior - BHPian

I went to other dealer and there he said that for the time period when Baleno was repaired, the cost of headlights was around 8.5K and not 10+K we paid. The painting and dent repairing charges ( you can read them in bill as " Penting and Denting charges " ), it was far less than what we have paid.

Taking the issue now to dealer is meaningless.

I am confused wheather to go and ask for clarification or not.
Old 3rd July 2008, 14:44   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I went to other dealer and there he said that for the time period when Baleno was repaired, the cost of headlights was around 8.5K and not 10+K we paid. The painting and dent repairing charges ( you can read them in bill as " Penting and Denting charges " ), it was far less than what we have paid.

Taking the issue now to dealer is meaningless.

I am confused wheather to go and ask for clarification or not.

Do you realy think thats going to help you in anyways? I dont. My suggestion would be find an alternative, or else locate a local guy who works on Baleno's and buy the "SGP's" yourself from local dealers. Atleast quite a few in Kolkata is following the same route. Only word of advice is that local mechanic should be competant.
me_sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2008, 15:11   #50
BANNED

Any car, accidents mean burning the pocket !!! Drive safe. A momentary thrill or lapse of concentration can mean few lakhs of repair !!!
Quote:
The repair bill was Rs 1.17 lakh, and the front grille was the biggest disappointment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
1.17 is not too much. I had a similar intensity accident in the indica couple of years back, and it cost 96K, with 16K out of my pocket. AC was not damaged then
Things like radiator, headlights, bumper, grill, fenders and host of other minor parts add to the whole bill.
Moreover since insurance is paying everything, the dealers try and get everything replaced.
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2008, 21:31   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post

Any car
, accidents mean burning the pocket !!! Drive safe. A momentary thrill or lapse of concentration can mean few lakhs of repair !!!
Quote:
Any car, accidents mean burning the pocket !!! Drive safe. A momentary thrill or lapse of concentration can mean few lakhs of repair !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami
The repair bill was Rs 1.17 lakh, and the front grille was the biggest disappointment.

The Accent's tail lamps were not working and consequently braking was done late.
So it was not any lapse of concentration. This happened when my father was driving, he never goes for high speed thrill.

The disappointment was that even after spending so much money the grille provided to us was not latest, but old one.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 3rd July 2008 at 21:33.
Old 3rd July 2008, 21:56   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post

Do you realy think thats going to help you in anyways? I dont. My suggestion would be find an alternative, or else locate a local guy who works on Baleno's and buy the "SGP's" yourself from local dealers. Atleast quite a few in Kolkata is following the same route. Only word of advice is that local mechanic should be competant.
1)
Never went in for clarification. I also thought that the other dealer could be looking towards a new customer.

2)
In my city i.e. Vadodara, most of the local mechanics are of simply no use, specially when it comes to MPFi cars. Here although MPFi is not in picture, we certainly doubt their ability after once servicing our 800.
If I go to the dealer for buying parts, then the dealer says bring the car here. You wont be able to do anything , etc. So there is no point, but, God forbid, if anything goes wrong with any of our cars, I will be more cautious with this dealer.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 3rd July 2008 at 21:58.
Old 3rd July 2008, 23:32   #53
BANNED

In this case it was unfortunate. I was talking about accidents in general.
Quote:
The Accent's tail lamps were not working and consequently braking was done late.
So it was not any lapse of concentration. This happened when my father was driving, he never goes for high speed thrill.

The disappointment was that even after spending so much money the grille provided to us was not latest, but old one.
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote