Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 1st April 2017, 22:20   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Self Defence Materials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Here are ten Cardinal Rules of Self Defence...

http://www.myselfdefensetraining.com...-self-defense/
Samurai San,

What are your thoughts on http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post4174533 (Delhi: Dentist beaten to death due to road rage!)

I see that in this case, the following rules came true:
1 - AD thought biker was unarmed. He didnt realize that any object could be used for offense.
2 - Quite obvious.
7 - AD thought him threatening with a knife / screw driver was a smart move to scare the biker. It wasnt. Not only was the biker willing to call the bluff, he was an idiot himself who didn't realize what he was doing (in my heart I would believe he wanted to hurt AD but not kill him)
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2017, 23:23   #92
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Self Defence Materials

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Ideally, minor traffic incidences should not turn into self defense situation. But it happens because people start abusing each other and it soon escalates into a physical fight.

Whenever I get into some traffic incidence, I might raise my voice in my defense, but I never abuse. I would say "It is your fault" or "Why weren't you looking?", etc. But won't get into abusing the other guy using profanity. Then it won't be about the accident anymore, but about the insult you just inflicted. Then it can turn into self defense situation, where anything can happen. The result is no more under your control, no matter how well trained you are.
Samurai is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote