Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 29th May 2008, 21:39   #31
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
He went to Police station in his car with the beaocn light on, and inside the PS, he created a situation with his pistol. He fired it twice.
Swmiji must have some bad karma that made him do this.

Last edited by LLL : 29th May 2008 at 21:41.
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 21:40   #32
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
He went to Police station in his car with the beaocn light on, and inside the PS, he created a situation with his pistol. He fired it twice.
hmm. Swamiji must have some bad karma that made him do this.
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 22:05   #33
BHPian

@topic starter

dude this is unexceptable you should have blocked his way

why did you let him go i would have doen it if it was me in your place
alias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 22:09   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
@topic starter

why did you let him go i would have doen it if it was me in your place
Dude, spare him now.

He's clearly mentioned that he realised the vehicle's non-ambulance status only after it passed him.
cheers:
eclectix 1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 23:10   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How many here are aware that in Kerala, a self proclaimed 'Swamiji' used red beacon light in his car? He says that he is the inventor of 'Karma'. His car (A F.Red Palio Sport) sported big stickers which read "KARMA SOS"

Going slightly offtopic: (Contd...)

Anyway, he is under police custody now. He went to Police station in his car with the beaocn light on, and inside the PS, he created a situation with his pistol. He fired it twice.
Lol.... i always get a laugh when i see that swamiji's photo. Swami Himaval Bhadrananda that's his name. Apparently the chap is a depressed soul, he attempted suicide coz a girl jilted him long time back. It's after this episode that he decided to become swami.

The police asked how do you fund yourself... Swamiji replies: My mom is a doctor and i have friends who will give me 1000 rupees if i ask when i'm in need.

Becoming a swami is a sure shot way if you want to become famous overnite and have your 15 seconds of fame.

Sorry for going grossly off topic. Just couldn't help it when i saw him being mentioned here.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2008, 23:14   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@topic starter

OT: Are you related to G W Bush? You just created a new word
spadival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 00:34   #37
BHPian

haha! talk about using the sirens! They are allowed to use the orange lights but not the sirens!
You should have taken down the vehicle number and reported it.

Such people need to be taught a leason
Gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 00:38   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post

why whats new in what i said may i know please

and whats it got to do with george bush

Last edited by alias : 30th May 2008 at 00:39.
Old 30th May 2008, 00:50   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Quote:
why whats new in what i said may i know please

and whats it got to do with george bush
What's new in this is that the correct word is "Unacceptable"!! And the the comparison with George Bush is due to the fact that he too has a habit of inventing words & phrases that don't exist!!

Now just wait till our Yeti English teacher comes along to give you a rap on the knuckles!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 02:52   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
What's new in this is that the correct word is "Unacceptable"!! And the the comparison with George Bush is due to the fact that he too has a habit of inventing words & phrases that don't exist!!

Now just wait till our Yeti English teacher comes along to give you a rap on the knuckles!

aha.. so it was typo (typing error)

sorry for that then
Old 10th July 2009, 12:29   #41
BHPian

Default empty ambulance with siren

Guys,

Just wondering, if an ambulance got a terribly urgent call, and is on the way to pick up the patient, can they use the siren? Makes sense in my head, but of course, in India... sigh...

-Rohan
rohanarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 09:15   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
I hope some naxalites or terrorists kidnap some VIPs trvelling in cars with red lights on and word spreads of this.

Next day, all red lights , sirens and big VIP stickers will disappear. (I saw an ambassador that had a big red printout of VIP pasted on the front windscreen). i guess its a matter of time before start painting VIP all over their cars. :(
Well in Naxalite areas no one uses Sarkari vehicles for fear of landmines. My brother in law is a Government Surgeon and posted with SRF Battalion in Chattisgarh. Policemen go without uniform and to camoflage the number mud or cowdung is applied on number plate. For operations most of the time private vehicles are hired to maintain element of surprise. Given the resources and restrictions placed on Police the job is commendable.
There is strict instruction to Police not to inform the travel route or let out the plan and if road is dug up somewhere it is sure shot sign of Landmind planted.

I travelled to Dantewada in Bastar as a tourist in April 2004 in our personal Car and this was one day before 40 Policemen were killed in a mine blast at same place.
Though I counld not identify but you can see various "Chanda" collection points set up and people peeping inside the car gave an eerie feeling that they may be informants to naxals.
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 09:29   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanarthur View Post
Guys,

Just wondering, if an ambulance got a terribly urgent call, and is on the way to pick up the patient, can they use the siren? Makes sense in my head, but of course, in India... sigh...
-Rohan
Yes ofcourse, It can use the siren and beacon light. He is rushing to save someone's life. Yesterday around 5:30 PM I had similar situation on KR Puram to ITPL Stretch in Bangalore. I gave way to an empty ambulance, while ambulance was passing I saw it completely empty. I thought it is just a trick.

But when I went ahead just before Hoodi Circle, I saw a very bad accident one person was lying on the road in the pool of blood. It seems he was dead. It was dreadful scene. Ambulance was going there to pick him. I did not see which vehicles were involved in accident.

It changed my mind that Ambulance if using Siren and Beacon light it might be rushing to save some life.

Last edited by anujmishra : 14th July 2009 at 09:32.
anujmishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 09:57   #44
BHPian

As a rule, I always give way for an ambulance, empty or not. Why start breaking my head over if it is a real emergency or not! As my civic duty, I need to make way for any emergency vehicles. Come one, it is not like moving to the side will make me lose precious time of my life!

If some unscrupulous driver misuse their authority, it is sad, but I would not lose sleep over such things. After all, I normally encounter a siren-blaring ambulance behind me at most once time in a week, if ever. So might as well move and let it go on its way.
DriverR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2009, 12:32   #45
BHPian

Quote:
As the vehicle was overtaking me, I noticed that it is not an ambulance but a BMW recovery service van!!!
You saw this vehicle?
Navnit Motors - BMW Dealer Mumbai and Bangalore Service and maintenance ? BMW Roadside Assistance
Selective is offline   Reply With Quote