Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 22nd June 2008, 14:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Good that nothing happened to you and your friends. Yeah, 1st accident do worry us a lot. But once you get used to it, then you will not feel the punch. I think you were quite busy chatting with your friends and with loud music, you may not have noticed the barricade and "thud" the sound would have come. Do continue driving and you will feel much relieved.
Spell Correction: Pls read this as "pinch".
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2008, 15:22   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, Condor!! No. We were all guys. The music actually wasnt that loud at that time. We had toned it down a bit as it was distracting me!!

And yes, it's probably good that my first accident was a minor one. At least I learnt my lesson.

The windows were open. The glass shattered and was sprayed into the car. I am so glad it didnt hurt any of the passengers and didnt get into anyone's eyes.

I will do something special for my mom. She isnt really a foodie person. Let's see.

@Sam --- Yes, Cake fudge has the power to make you forget most of your sorrows. Wonder why people use alcoholic drink .

Also, I do think we can see someone moving more easily than a dirty barricade on the road. I did slow down many times yesterday when some idiot was running across the road. People run across the road like crazy on RV Road. Pathetic.

@Snaronikar --- Yes. This being the first one hurts a lot. I dont want to get used to it though . I hope to avoid having accidents however minor. Small scratches and dents are a different issue altogether though.

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 22nd June 2008 at 15:24.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2008, 15:29   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

NIkhil, I meant the boisterous company. Not your GF (if applicable) since you have already said who were in the car. Loud, animated conversation / loud music etc can be a distraction.

Also, where exactly did it happen ? Spar / Sagar / Accenture / Oracle / near the circle ?
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2008, 15:36   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
NIkhil, I meant the boisterous company. Not your GF (if applicable) since you have already said who were in the car. Loud, animated conversation / loud music etc can be a distraction.

Also, where exactly did it happen ? Spar / Sagar / Accenture / Oracle / near the circle ?
Well, since 'company' was in quotes, I assumed you were referring to some girls. BTW, it isnt applicable yet

It happened just after Sagar Apollo. A little bit before that petrol bunk which comes on the left side (IBP I think).

It's all a little fuzzy now, but I dont think we were actually having loud animated conversation at that moment.
Old 22nd June 2008, 15:42   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Nikhil, dont you feel yesterday was a lucky day for you ? I just read your other thread. And this one too could have been worse, but it is not.
Old 22nd June 2008, 15:49   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Nikhil, dont you feel yesterday was a lucky day for you ? I just read your other thread. And this one too could have been worse, but it is not.
Yes. Probably. My exams got over and a few mins later it rained!! IT stopped just when we were all about to go out.

I really think it was my lucky day. Things could have been so much worse.
Old 22nd June 2008, 20:25   #22
Senior - BHPian

Good, you got away with a broken glass else these barriers can do a lot of damage.

There's a manhole exacty at the turn which sometimes sink's-in due to weight of heavy vehicles, thats when they keep a barrier over it, but it seems you were hit after the turn and that road is pretty well lit, unless it wasn't then.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2008, 20:51   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

@Nikhil, it was not your fault. I had another look on my way back home. You have just missed one of those portable barricades that our cops keep everywhere. These are typically well camouflaged with their non-reflective colored painting, that's dirtied by the dust, so much that they become practically invisible at night.

I say "missed" because it didnot touch the body of the car.
Quote:
dadu : There's a manhole exacty at the turn ..
That's at the turn - before you turn, actually. This spot is at the split in the divider after the turn, right opp Spar.
Old 22nd June 2008, 21:08   #24
BHPian

Hey Nikhil,
Such things happen.I read your first post very carefully.I would have to agree with Rehaan, i guess had you been paying a little bit of more attention on the road, this would have been avoidable.
DOnt worry though, its good that it was a minor one.Treat this as a learning experience.The more you drive, the more you will refine your driving cos from what you have explained, you dont seem to drive much,is it ?
I have gone through a very bad accident myself and learnt a lot from the whole experience.
Cheer up !

Last edited by Amey : 22nd June 2008 at 21:20.
Amey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2008, 22:48   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@Nikhil, it was not your fault. I had another look on my way back home. You have just missed one of those portable barricades that our cops keep everywhere. These are typically well camouflaged with their non-reflective colored painting, that's dirtied by the dust, so much that they become practically invisible at night.

I say "missed" because it didnot touch the body of the car.That's at the turn - before you turn, actually. This spot is at the split in the divider after the turn, right opp Spar.
Yeah. I was very unlucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
Hey Nikhil,
Such things happen.I read your first post very carefully.I would have to agree with Rehaan, i guess had you been paying a little bit of more attention on the road, this would have been avoidable.
DOnt worry though, its good that it was a minor one.Treat this as a learning experience.The more you drive, the more you will refine your driving cos from what you have explained, you dont seem to drive much,is it ?
I have gone through a very bad accident myself and learnt a lot from the whole experience.
Cheer up !
Thanks man. I should be more careful from next time.
Old 23rd June 2008, 02:12   #26
BHPian

Tough luck man. Come over to Mysore. Nothing a treat at Cubs wont fix.
MA5K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008, 10:37   #27
Senior - BHPian

It happens. Do not lose heart for a minor accident. I agree with Rehaan that you should have been more careful. Learn from your mistakes.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008, 11:27   #28
BHPian

Nikhil,

I see you as a responsible young man, who do not mix drinking with driving. Please spread the same message with your friends.

And regarding accident, there is always a first time, and this will make you a more watchful driver. Its not just about how carefully you drive, you need to be watchful for bad drivers, bad roads, and unforeseen things.
So gear up and you are on track to being a good driver, and a sensible one.

I am sure your mother have appreciated your honesty in accepting mistakes and your willingness to change for good.

All the best.

Reminds me of something similar : I wore my mother's watch when I was kid to school, (I was playing a woman in a play), and lost the watch, and till this day my mother didn't buy a new watch for herself.
sriturl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2008, 12:40   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA5K View Post
Tough luck man. Come over to Mysore. Nothing a treat at Cubs wont fix.
Sure!! Why not?
Planning to come some time soon.
Old 23rd June 2008, 13:30   #30
BHPian

wah, just saw this, good to know nothing bad happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Sure!! Why not?
Planning to come some time soon.
Yo, hold on, am coming on july 2nd week ,we'll go together and attack cubs
Saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote