Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Closed Thread

Old 31st October 2008, 12:03   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

lol. smoking inside your car is a "personal thing" only if you keep the windows rolled up.
Old 31st October 2008, 12:10   #62
Senior - BHPian

I agree with you, this is a big issue and almost everyday i find one person tapping the ash out...i make sure am not behind that car...

I wonder what stops people from using the ash tray in their car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
This thread is about smoking while you are driving a Car Or Bike.
I wanted to Discuss this from a long time atlast I got time to do... If this Thread is already exist please merge.
I have seen people smoke while they are driving car keeping their hand out. Or some time they put their hand out while dusting the ash. I think they should stop or keep their ash in side the Car as every car has ash tray now a days. But people will not prefer to dirt their own car as we all are selfish.
Incidents --
1. The flame(red fire) came off from a front Car and Directly hit to my friend's Eye Ball. Almost lost his eyes.
2. I asked a person @ MG Road. He kept his Cig Inside a Car.
3. Today I asked a guy who was driving a alto with a lady. He asked me "What Bother You" (My wife listen not me). I dont know if this drivers has enough sense or not.
Old 31st October 2008, 12:13   #63
Senior - BHPian

Question to the folks who dump ash out of their window - please no personal argument - roads are public property.

Do you guys throw your garbage on the streets too? or take a dump on the street outside your house every morning instead of using your toilet? or urinate on walls in public places(i think this is taken)? You guys must be having the cleanest bathrooms and garbage baskets, so clean you can eat out of them, no?

PS: I always thought education is an answer to maintaining civic sense, apparently it is not.

Last edited by Spitfire : 31st October 2008 at 12:15.
Old 31st October 2008, 12:21   #64
Senior - BHPian

Dude none has problem with you smoking but yes it will definitely would be a botheration to others if you tap the ash out....

so make use of the ash tray in your car ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
Well interesting thread
However I donít agree with you smoking is a bad habit however itís a personal choice of a person to smoke or not to smoke
And smoking in ones car or bike is also a personal thing
Yes I do smoke in my car and I prefer to ash it outside most of the times
Any ways the streets are more filled with dust and other pollutants thatís different
But when I am smoking in my car while driving and some one tells me to stop
I will says whatís your botheration.

Thatís my personal point of view and I donít mean any offence to any one.
Old 31st October 2008, 12:29   #65
BHPian

Not sure if the rule still holds, I believe smoking while driving was a traffic offence having a fine amount in some cities in India.
Old 31st October 2008, 13:28   #66
Senior - BHPian

I decided not to smoke in the car after i got my new Aveo. The reason being the smell remains in the car till long as the AC is on most of the times, and its not a welcoming sign when you want to show off your new car to friends.

This reduced my smoking a lot, so i have decided to continue not to smoke while i drive. This has also heped in keeping the car smelling good.
Old 31st October 2008, 14:27   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
My friend was in Bike not in Car. In India we drive more Bike than Car.
Well, that's another reason to wear a helmet (ones with a visor) while riding a bike!
Old 31st October 2008, 14:44   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Well, that's another reason to wear a helmet (ones with a visor) while riding a bike!
Are you trying to be sarcastic/funny/smart? Not in very good taste me thinks.

Its not required by law that helmets need to have a visor. Good thing to have but not mandatory. Or do you know something more i am not aware of?
Old 31st October 2008, 15:17   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Not sure if the rule still holds, I believe smoking while driving was a traffic offence having a fine amount in some cities in India.
The law is still applicable all over India however the fines differ from state to state.
Old 31st October 2008, 15:21   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Question to the folks who dump ash out of their window - please no personal argument - roads are public property.

Do you guys throw your garbage on the streets too? or take a dump on the street outside your house every morning instead of using your toilet? or urinate on walls in public places(i think this is taken)? You guys must be having the cleanest bathrooms and garbage baskets, so clean you can eat out of them, no?
You are taking things way too seriously. You can't compare taking a dump to throwing cigarette ash out. Apples and oranges! You have a point no doubt that nothing should be thrown on the road. Most of us throw ash out only because it is not easy to clean from the car if it flies elsewhere instead of the ash tray (due to a/c blower).

Quote:

Its not required by law that helmets need to have a visor. Good thing to have but not mandatory. Or do you know something more i am not aware of?
The smiley at the end of my post indicated that it was a joke. Spitfire, you should calm down. i think you must have had a pretty bad experience with smokers.
You should have a smoke to relax. (now that was a joke)

Nevertheless, i don't think that there is a law about visors being compulsory, but it'll help keep cigarette ash, bugs, and other unwanted things out of the eyes.
Old 31st October 2008, 15:31   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are taking things way too seriously. You can't compare taking a dump to throwing cigarette ash out. Apples and oranges! You have a point no doubt that nothing should be thrown on the road. Most of us throw ash out only because it is not easy to clean from the car if it flies elsewhere instead of the ash tray (due to a/c blower).
My health is something which i take way seriously then anything you can ever imagine. Especially if i need to inhale second hand smoke, worry about the ash going in my air pipe/eyes or in my car just because folks dont know what an ashtray(some of the most obviously understood words in english) provided in a car is for.

Cleaning it off the streets is easier huh? Do you clean your cigratte ash off the road? Is it more difficult then cleaning it from your car?

About comparing to taking a dump on the road and throwing ash on the streets i think it is the same. Add to those - spitting, throwing garbage, etc etc. All are the same.

Quote:
The smiley at the end of my post indicated that it was a joke. Spitfire, you should calm down. i think you must have had a pretty bad experience with smokers.
You should have a smoke to relax. (now that was a joke)

Nevertheless, i don't think that there is a law about visors being compulsory, but it'll help keep cigarette ash, bugs, and other unwanted things out of the eyes.
Agree that to have a visor is good. But to crack a joke when someone had a bad accident which could have possibly taken out one of his eyes is as per me stretching humour a bit too far.

Last edited by Spitfire : 31st October 2008 at 15:42.
Old 31st October 2008, 15:34   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
I wonder what stops people from using the ash tray in their car?
The ash tray is on the left of the driver and most of us use our right hand while smoking. I guess this could be the reason. When I tried to smoke in the car I found problems using the ash tray, so stopped smoking at all while driving.

For me putting the ash out is a "no" in the city. Highways I sometimes do it coz there are hardly any motorcyclists following me who might be affected by ash.
Old 31st October 2008, 15:39   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Cleaning it off the streets is easier huh? Do you clean your cigratte ash off the road? Is it more difficult then cleaning it from your car?
I pay my taxes - a lot of it - and i really don't feel guilty about throwing a few grams of ash on the road.
I think you really need to take a chill pill and relax and not get personal and worked up.

@mods, you can delete my previous postings if it was indeed an infraction.
Old 31st October 2008, 15:44   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire

Relax spitfire, irrespective of whether it was joke or a serious statement wearing a helmet with visor would have surely helped.

Take it easy.
Old 31st October 2008, 15:52   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I pay my taxes - a lot of it - and i really don't feel guilty about throwing a few grams of ash on the road.
I think you really need to take a chill pill and relax and not get personal and worked up.

@mods, you can delete my previous postings if it was indeed an infraction.
You dont feel guilty. Pay your taxes so a few grams is fine. Ok if thats what you think. I cant really argue any further.

I am not worked up just that i am stickler when it comes to public health and cleanliness. Apologies if you thought i went personal. No intention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Relax spitfire, irrespective of whether it was joke or a serious statement wearing a helmet with visor would have surely helped.

Take it easy.
I had nothing against the visor. Oh and i am chilled out dude, thank you. Isnt it funny that i get a message from a MOD to relax when i think i am in the right. Dosent really look nice you know.
Closed Thread