Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Closed Thread

Old 17th December 2008, 17:18   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Sorry for responding to this old post; but I read it now. So you were prosecuted by the Superintendent of Police himself who was patrolling the roads on a Bullet? The rubber seal on the document at least says so.

GD bhai he was a SP, he was not patrolling on roads infact he was patrolling the lanes nearby to my house which is not even a main road. sadest part is that i had to learn this mistake in hard way, even today i think i was unfortunate and unlucky man.
Old 17th December 2008, 17:59   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

OHHH... this thread is open again! i remember the days of my head-butting with spitfire, though we are friends now!
BTW, i've started using the car ashtray and trust me it's a nuisance to change hands, tap the ash and transfer the cig back to my right hand, but i still try!
Old 17th December 2008, 18:20   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
BTW, i've started using the car ashtray and trust me it's a nuisance to change hands, tap the ash and transfer the cig back to my right hand, but i still try!

The beer you promised me, when in Mumbai. Its on me now
Old 17th December 2008, 19:01   #94
BHPian

just a comment from a med student..honest and open..
whats so much in a ciggarette,the good feel factor inside or something else??
i suggest smokers go for nicotine chewing gums.it gives you that good feeling inside(if there are any) and way lesser harmful than those killer stumps!!
Old 17th December 2008, 23:39   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Spitfire, i shall have four beers since you are buying, and we will go to leopolds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
just a comment from a med student..honest and open..
whats so much in a ciggarette,the good feel factor inside or something else??
i suggest smokers go for nicotine chewing gums.it gives you that good feeling inside(if there are any) and way lesser harmful than those killer stumps!!
Dear med student,

We can start another long battle regards this. I will say, you can't know how it feels until you smoke some and you will say you people are weak and so on and so forth.
I agree you are right, i will make a resolution to quit this new year's eve (like all the previous years) and save the world from global warming. Oh, ya i will eat less peas and chana too ---- less greenhouse gas there as well! My front and back ends will have a PUC certificate stuck!!!

Regards,

Marlboro Man

EDIT: just a joke, don't take seriously... this thread kinda gives me the jitters...

P.S. Anyone seen the movie Thank you for smoking. (correct title). it's a killer funny movie and a 5 star watch. highly recommended!

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 17th December 2008 at 23:42.
Old 18th December 2008, 01:14   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We can start another long battle regards this. I will say, you can't know how it feels until you smoke some and you will say you people are weak and so on and so forth.
I agree you are right, i will make a resolution to quit this new year's eve (like all the previous years) and save the world from global warming. Oh, ya i will eat less peas and chana too ---- less greenhouse gas there as well! My front and back ends will have a PUC certificate stuck!!!
Tejas bhai - Let me give you some more jitters. I have smoked a few cigarettes(while in college and then few - it was usually to get more high while drinking), but never became a habit and I actually despise smoking because it stinks and spoils you appetite and taste. I hate passive smoking too. I find that most people start smoking because it makes them look cool in a peer group(say, in college) and then get addicted to it. Maybe it's just me, but I find smoking so uncool as most often, a smoker affects other people too - passive smoking. Try to quit, there is nothing great in being a smoker.

And I would not look kindly on a person if his cigarette ash happened to fall into my eye. That's just not done. The onus should be on the smoker not to inconvenience his fellow citizens. As much as a guy has a right to smoke, the other fellow has a right not to be inconvenienced regarding the same.

My wifey detests smoking too and several times, I have to walk up to people smoking in public places(theaters, buses, trains etc) and ask them to put it away. I always ask politely, and no one has refused, so far.
Old 18th December 2008, 11:02   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Tejas bhai - Let me give you some more jitters. I have smoked a few cigarettes(while in college and then few - it was usually to get more high while drinking), but never became a habit and I actually despise smoking because it stinks and spoils you appetite and taste. I hate passive smoking too. I find that most people start smoking because it makes them look cool in a peer group(say, in college) and then get addicted to it. Maybe it's just me, but I find smoking so uncool as most often, a smoker affects other people too - passive smoking. Try to quit, there is nothing great in being a smoker.

And I would not look kindly on a person if his cigarette ash happened to fall into my eye. That's just not done. The onus should be on the smoker not to inconvenience his fellow citizens. As much as a guy has a right to smoke, the other fellow has a right not to be inconvenienced regarding the same.

My wifey detests smoking too and several times, I have to walk up to people smoking in public places(theaters, buses, trains etc) and ask them to put it away. I always ask politely, and no one has refused, so far.
And here we go again...!

@ kuttapan, point noted. I have already cut down from 10 a day to 5. Hopefully this new years may be a turning point... Let's see!
Old 18th December 2008, 11:31   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Spitfire, i shall have four beers since you are buying, and we will go to leopolds!
You mean four kegs right?

Quote:
@ kuttapan, point noted. I have already cut down from 10 a day to 5. Hopefully this new years may be a turning point... Let's see!
Its tough i know, but some years down the line, its all worth it.
Old 18th December 2008, 11:36   #99
BHPian

Quote:
And here we go again...!

I have already cut down from 10 a day to 5.
Is it due to recession?
Closed Thread