Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 13th July 2017, 09:26   #961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
@ Experts - Can a good detailing fix this?

How deep are those marks. Some look like clear coat damage and some look like they are deep scratches. If you run your finger nail on the scratches you will know the stent of damage. From what I see it's looking like a paint job.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2017, 14:22   #962
Lij
BHPian

Default Re: Car Vandalism!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Looks certainly "human" to me. If you see the pattern it is circular and can be easily be done with a wire mesh which is usually used in kitchens to clean hard stains.
Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Seeing this brought memories of similar pattern scratch marks on our car's bonnet early last decade.
Turned out the car cleaner had used a sand soiled wet cleaning cloth to vigorously rub the bonnet in a circular fashion leaving similar circular scratch marks on the paint. Ended up repainting the panel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
From what I see in the pictures, scratches are only on the clearcoat and haven't dug deep into the base coat/primer.

Would suggest you check with a detailer/ask for a demo on a small portion of the affected area. That would help you decide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
How deep are those marks. Some look like clear coat damage and some look like they are deep scratches. If you run your finger nail on the scratches you will know the stent of damage. From what I see it's looking like a paint job.
Thanks everyone for your inputs. The cause is not yet clear and the marks are not deep. I took the car to my detailer and he was confident that they could be removed.

Will get it done during my next detailing cycle and keep you guys posted on the results.
Lij is offline   Reply With Quote