Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 17th August 2008, 21:58   #1
BHPian

Talking Traffic Lights go haywire in Kolkata

As I was returning from a friends place in the afternoon this is what I saw today at a busy junction at Kolkata. The traffic lights at AJC Bose Road Flyover approach crossing at Beckbagan are apparantly malfuncting while the cops manning the signal/crossing are blissfully unaware of the major safety hazard about to occur. To my surprise I got off my car and actually waited there for sometime to see if the problem was momentary or not. As a matter of fact I travel 5 days a week to and fro that route. Luckily I had my cam along with me hence I got a video grab of this calaousness by the authorities. In the video I have zoomed to all the different lights which are simultaneously malfunctioning while the cip manning the signal control station is dozing off to glory. This was happening no more than 1 km distance from the Traffic Guard Station in Park Circus, Kolkata.

sabret00the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 01:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

Similar situation in Mumbai.
Half the lights work, some don't. The red lights on many signals don't function.
lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 11:40   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Similar situation in Mumbai.
Half the lights work, some don't. The red lights on many signals don't function.

This was the 1st time I saw something like that...I was in
sabret00the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 11:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

Good catch. Eventhough I am not surprised with this, the only thing I am worried is about the safety of the citizens. Already there are numerous issues for the drivers like lack of good roads, autos, etc etc., this adds some more issues. Too bad.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote