Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 31st August 2008, 12:29   #31
BHPian

Good to see it all end well Amey. I had a similar experience in Chennai when a cylist banged into my Swift at a traffic junction without warning - a good samaritan helped me immensely in getting the chap admitted to a hospital.

Passed by Kolhapur on my way to Goa a couple of weeks back - the highway is so broad and the traffic so sparse that its easy to doze off. Maybe we do need a few potholes in our country to make highway driving safer!

Just wondering, would ABS have helped?
d_himan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 12:51   #32
BHPian

very unfortunate incident. God save nothing happened ugly. Its always better to stop and help the victim and lodge a complaint on nearest police station for every accident like this
MuzzledMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 18:00   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiceye View Post
Hey Amey... you must write to Sai Service an appreciation letter in favor of their employee who assisted you.
i'd second that big time. i guess a letter to him in person is also a good idea
abhijit 2284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2008, 19:25   #34
BHPian

I had a similar incident like this when i was going to banglore from pune but it was night that time and never expected a cycle guy to jump in the middle of the highway like that but in my case luckily nothing happened because my car did not skid thanks to ABS from then i realised the importance of ABS,anyway nice to hear it was a happy ending and please give that SS guy some gift for his kind attitude and you were really lucky no one fought with you because normally people come in dispute with the driver and don't even bother of the injured person,Take care.
team suzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2008, 16:20   #35
BHPian

Default Abs?

Yes, there are good samaritans, who don't know you at all help in difficult times.. I recently had such help too.. Guess, they only remind us what to do, when someone else is in need of help, just like what they did to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Just wondering, would ABS have helped?
I don't think ABS would help in reducing the breaking distance. It only prevents the wheels from locking out due to hard braking thus avoiding any vehicle skid.

cheers:
KK
kishoryk is offline   Reply With Quote