Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 13th September 2008, 22:53   #31
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
@aZa: If you don't mind sharing - why don't you shift to regular lights for main beam, given that you are cognizant of the nuisance to public safety and health (you are blinding others - simple) that you pose to society as a whole. What is it that's holding you back?
i'm planning to do exactly the same. one of my friends is trying to building a projector setup so i will be trying that out too.
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2008, 22:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

and the scourge has hit trivandrum. saw a ford ikon with HID bulbs on stock reflectors. and the douchebag kept flashing them. For a moment there i felt like ramming him onto oncoming traffic as he overtook me ( the cost of his HID's alone would cost more than the cost to my car after insurance ).

The number was Kl 01 AA 3. If you know this person. let him know that he has to be blind to be using HID's on well lit city streets ( in which case he should not be driving at all), and in all probability some sleepy and dazed trucker might get blinded and hit him head on

Last edited by greenhorn : 7th November 2008 at 22:16.
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 11:38   #33
Senior - BHPian

Hi greenhorn,

> The number was Kl 01 AA 3. If you know this person. let him know that he

Was it Panther Black? It is listed as registered to a lady in Tagore Nagar, Vazhuthacaud.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 11:46   #34
Senior - BHPian

i know , i checked there too. Not sure if it was black ( it was dusk I was blinded by the HID's and couldn't see properly. saw the plate in the back as he overtook the guy in front of me and went on his way). It may have been sold. I'm not for vigilante action , and am not sure about the proper channels to complain about the same, so I'm leaving it at that

Last edited by greenhorn : 8th November 2008 at 11:47.
Old 8th November 2008, 13:10   #35
Senior - BHPian

Hi greenhorn,

> I'm not for vigilante action , and am not sure about the proper channels to
> complain about the same, so I'm leaving it at that

Vigilante action is not a solution!

Do we have proper channels? I see any number of police and government vehicles flouting all possible rules.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 13:33   #36
BHPian

The worst thing, I saw a Tata Safari with 8000K HIDs and guess what? It was a govt vehicle, now what to say?
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 13:46   #37
BHPian

Its a regular occurance here in delhi... Furthermore, nearly everyone drives around with high beams on. I just hate it, and dip my rear view mirror for the time they're behind me.

The worst are santro 'wale' in this regard, i've seen that the high beam on most of them points up at ~20 degrees (saw the beams in dusty conditions)! Even if u are on the ground walking these lights just flash into your eyes.
The other day a santro with high beams on was coming in at full speed on the wrong side towards me! I just put on my high beams and stopped where i was. I couldn't even see one bit, completely blinded by the nuthead. Felt like stopping and kicking him then and there.
eternalck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 16:13   #38
Senior - BHPian

lets not go off topic , this is about HID abuse. we've lots of threads about guys who wont dip their beams / high wattage beams elsewhere
Old 8th November 2008, 16:46   #39
Senior - BHPian

People mainly use HID's as they are mis-guided by unscruplous sellers. Anyone in his right mind can see that white or blue light does not illuminate the road well.

To top it people put this for "bling" & worse still use high beam even in city driving which is just not required. It is plain & simple rude to drive with high beams. Unless absolutely necessary (highway or pitch dark / no street light)

The other most important thing is to have correctly focused lights. Ill-focussed lights also are a havoc for other road users.

There should certainly be some sort of "RULE" to check this high beam menace. I remember in Bombay hardly anyone used High Beam on the city streets.

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote