Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2008, 23:03   #1
BHPian
 
Sowmya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 495
Thanked: 16 Times
Lightbulb Innovative Punishment

Just saw in the TV. A Software Eng jumped Traffic Signal in Pune. And after Cop caught him he started arguing and mis-behave with them. Now the punishment
He supposed to control traffic in Big Signal for 2 hours every day for 5 days.
As per the policeman he is really tired and getting pain in his arms as he need to keep waiving his hand. He will be thinking 1000 times before he try to brake any traffic signal next time.
how about implementing the same punishment in Bangalore City ???
Sowmya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 23:20   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

I have heard many similar cases ( 2 in Delhi too.)

If the police ain't curropt , this sure can be implemented .

But I dont think this will be any good due to the bribary and all going on around.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 23:37   #3
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,947
Thanked: 4,766 Times
Default

i once saw a RTO officer make a cyclist and handcart puller do sit ups! It was absolutely hilarious to see them do it in the middle of the road on a traffic island.
cheers:
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2008, 00:20   #4
BHPian
 
anantnehru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 446
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
I have heard many similar cases ( 2 in Delhi too.)

If the police ain't curropt , this sure can be implemented .

But I dont think this will be any good due to the bribary and all going on around.
Yup, but the last one to be printed in the papers caught the attention and IIRC the High court or some court yanked the guy off the streets and made him pay a fine. This was more than a year ago though.
anantnehru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2008, 13:38   #5
NIP
Senior - BHPian
 
NIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,147
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

but imagine that moron controlling traffic. there will probably be more accidents. i think its stupid !
NIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2008, 13:49   #6
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,552
Thanked: 6,310 Times
Default

This happened some 13 years back.
Elliots Beach, Chennai.

A long strip of road by the beach front in front of Cozzee.
Those days the crowd was a lot lesser.
Guys pulling stunts on their bikes, cars and even bicycles.
One boy on a Yamaha was going up and down at high speed.
There was this SI on duty that day. He simply waited till the boy stopped doing this. Then suddenly came behind him, dragged the boy by his shirt.
Kneel down for 15 mins.

I felt sorry for the boy.
Never saw him in that area again.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2008, 15:22   #7
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 291
Thanked: 73 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
Just saw in the TV. A Software Eng jumped Traffic Signal in Pune. And after Cop caught him he started arguing and mis-behave with them. Now the punishment
He supposed to control traffic in Big Signal for 2 hours every day for 5 days.
As per the policeman he is really tired and getting pain in his arms as he need to keep waiving his hand. He will be thinking 1000 times before he try to brake any traffic signal next time.
how about implementing the same punishment in Bangalore City ???
Did the violator take away the cop's share of bribes also?

Prajwal
prajwalkashyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2008, 15:43   #8
Team-BHP Support
 
theMAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 6,993
Thanked: 1,421 Times
Default

Very laudable indeed. Perhaps it'd be easier for everyone in the first place if there was a traffic signal there instead of the cop controlling such an apparently major junction manually.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2008, 23:58   #9
BHPian
 
Sowmya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 495
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Basicaly he was helping other police to control traffic. As I have seen in the TV.
Sowmya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2008, 02:11   #10
BHPian
 
alias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು
Posts: 334
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
i once saw a RTO officer make a cyclist and handcart puller do sit ups! It was absolutely hilarious to see them do it in the middle of the road on a traffic island.
cheers:

this must have been done since the cart puller and cyclist could not afford any bribe for our cops.
if they had the money ,the cop would have saluted them and let them go.

alias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2008, 06:38   #11
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 388
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
this must have been done since the cart puller and cyclist could not afford any bribe for our cops.
if they had the money ,the cop would have saluted them and let them go.

Here in Kerala you can find cops pulling up drivers for not wearing seatbelts in the city but let go of Private Buses rampaging the city roads at brekneck speeds. Probably because they get their monthly due from the bus owners.
sureshkishore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2008, 23:48   #12
BHPian
 
Sowmya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 495
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
Here in Kerala you can find cops pulling up drivers for not wearing seatbelts in the city but let go of Private Buses rampaging the city roads at brekneck speeds. Probably because they get their monthly due from the bus owners.
Hafta man Hafta....
Every day I see how TN/KA private buses runs in Madiwala-Hosur road. They have permission to stop where ever they like, how ever they drive what ever light/horn they use.
God save India ...
Sowmya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Innovative parking...... Edmund Shifting gears 22 4th August 2016 21:26
Should capital punishment be abolished? naveendhyani Shifting gears 9 24th November 2006 11:42
Capital punishment - your views in general and specifically ? supremeBaleno Shifting gears 9 12th October 2006 00:02
innovative paint job honda_dude Modifications & Accessories 13 29th June 2006 17:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:51.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks