Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 6th November 2008, 10:28   #1
BHPian

Default Pointers needed - Blore accident (minor)

Hi Team

Today while coming to work, got hit by an indica. It is an company (Indian IT major) owned car driven by an employee, TN registered.

My alto has a big dent on the rear, bumper is a bit damaged too.

I got his policy number, visiting card etc.

Now what ?
Did search for threads like "What should you do..", but couldnt.

Mods: if such a thread exists, let me know.

cheers
lazy

PS: looks like i cant be lazy for the next few days :(
lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2008, 11:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

Firstly, go and lodge and FIR at the police station.
Once that is done, go to the service center and explain what happened. Most service center's handle it with the insurance fellows.

Check this thread out:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-accident.html (What to do in case of a minor car accident)
lamborghini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2008, 13:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

If you are thinking about making a third party claim, it will be a very time consuming tedious process. Best thing will be to take a quotation for the repair and ask him to pay for it. He is most likely to agree.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2008, 15:34   #4
Team-BHP Support

There is a similar incident reported earlier by member WheelieJ for her NHC. Quite a read actually. You could search for that.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2008, 20:56   #5
Team-BHP Support

did this happen in IRR today morning, there was 3 diff pile ups on Kormangala to Ind Ngr side in the morning !!

If its just minor damage, confirm the cost of repair and ask if the other guys is ready to pay, if so close it and give him a big thank you.

This doesnt work out, go for insurance claim and ask him to cover for your no claim loss and any uncovered expense.

Am not sure 3rd part claim is an easy thing.
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2008, 10:40   #6
BHPian

Thanks guys for your inputs.

It happened on Airport Road, in front of some saikripa arcade, just before total (kempfort), on the sloping road.

The repair will cost 5-6K (if i replace the tailgate, will cost 9.5K). Got 3.5k from him.

Claiming my ins isnt really worth it, the car is of 2002 make and after accounting for depreciation will hardly get anything.

3-party claim requires a willing other party, and also a FIR. too much hassle for too less money.

cheers
lazy
lazy is offline   Reply With Quote