Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 8th March 2011, 16:23   #241
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Cops gun for speedsters on Bangalore-Bellary Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Got to read the below news in TOI today. As many Bangalore BHPians plan their early morning weekend rides towards airport and nandi hills, the news would be of some help . Even i had done few early morning rides to these places in my RE Electra.

BANGALORE: If you are a student and driving at top speed on Bangalore-Bellary Road at night with friends on a high-end bike, gear up for a questioning session by cops at checkposts on the way.
Had a first hand experience of these bike speedsters last Wed on my way back from Airport about 1AM. The police tried to stop them I guess at a signal on NH7, and several of them just reversed and started riding between the cars in the wrong direction trying to escape. A few even went over the divider and crossed over to the right side of the road. Total mess, and could have created several more accidents. There is a definite case for impounding the bikes/DLs etc for such nuts!
lancer_rit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 22:27   #242
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Speed guns in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Had a first hand experience of these bike speedsters last Wed on my way back from Airport about 1AM. The police tried to stop them I guess at a signal on NH7, and several of them just reversed and started riding between the cars in the wrong direction trying to escape. A few even went over the divider and crossed over to the right side of the road. Total mess, and could have created several more accidents. There is a definite case for impounding the bikes/DLs etc for such nuts!
Around 6 months back while returning from a drive to Nandi,experienced something similar.Two morons on a Activa are dancing on the road,swerving from left to right,right to left. The speed gun intercepts them and they realize it and try to avoid the cops, with traffic being heavy they cant. The cop realizes that he can't catch them, so he does the unexpected- spits the pan he is chewing on their face! Some distance ahead, there is one more interceptor and they get flagged for over speeding.This time they manage to evade the cops but in the process hit a Innova, do a u-turn ride reverse on the wrong lane,jump the divider and escape on the other side.
sachinj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 02:36   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
The cop realizes that he can't catch them, so he does the unexpected- spits the pan he is chewing on their face!
Wondering, If cop can spit on his face, how could he not able to catch him.
akas_chauhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2013, 17:03   #244
BHPian

Interceptor spotted frequetnly on ORR between Old Madras Road and Hebbal

1. Watch out after you exit the Horamavu underpass, near Kalyannagar water tank
2. Near the CCD between Hennur underpass and Nagavara Signal (not spotted them for a very long time recently)
3. Along the stretch after Aadya Motors till BWSSB office just before Hebbal - both sides

Interceptor located in one of these stretches on Bangalore - BIAL / Devanahalli Road frequently

Between Mekhri Circle and Devanahalli:

1. In the stretch after CBI, along the University of Agricultural Sciences (UAS) compound
2. After Bagalur Cross, all along the Indian Air Force (IAF) compound and until Hunsmaranahalli Signal - both sides
3. Just after the defunct Reliance Bunk (before Chikkajala Police Station) until the next Signal - both sides
4. Further on in NH7, about 2 kms after crossing the Toll Gate (beyond airport trumpet flyover), you come across a bridge, the next 2 - 3 kms starting from here, is the hotspot for getting a Rs. 300.00 worth photo. - both sides
5. On the way to Bangalore, after you pass by ITC, you descend a bridge and reach Doddajala - WATCH OUT
Swifdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2013, 21:13   #245
BHPian

Similarly the interceptors are spotted near Marthahalli and Prestige Tech Park on most of the days. They are seen during the early evening hours (3pm to 4pm) in these spots. Beware when you are coming from the Karthick Nagar towards Innovative multiplex, crossing the marathahalli bridge or opposite of Prestige Tech Park before the underpass.

Somedays you can spot them near the Railway overbridge near Karthik Nagar while going towards Mahadevapura.
rajakumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 16:49   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajakumar View Post
Similarly the interceptors are spotted near Marthahalli and Prestige Tech Park on most of the days. They are seen during the early evening hours (3pm to 4pm) in these spots. Beware when you are coming from the Karthick Nagar towards Innovative multiplex, crossing the marathahalli bridge or opposite of Prestige Tech Park before the underpass.

Somedays you can spot them near the Railway overbridge near Karthik Nagar while going towards Mahadevapura.

Yup, I see them almost everyday. I think the speed limit on that road is 60. Please correct me if i am wrong.

There are a few signages with fine print, saying 60. These guys make good money, they should install bigger signages.
deadguy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2013, 19:36   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
Yup, I see them almost everyday. I think the speed limit on that road is 60. Please correct me if i am wrong.

There are a few signages with fine print, saying 60. These guys make good money, they should install bigger signages.
Yes, today they were spotted near the railway bridge after karthik nagar while going towards mahadevapura.

The speed limit is
Car: 60
Bike: 50
Old 14th March 2013, 21:25   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post

Incidentally just saw the BTP facebook page has the speed limit posted on it.

https://www.facebook.com/BangaloreTrafficPolice