Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 24th November 2008, 12:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

dude pay up and move on that the easiest way , you may have been right and if you go to court you may win ultimately but whats the point it would cause much more of trouble and stuff .. just let it go ..
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 12:49   #17
BHPian

As suggested by others pay off the fine and let this incident go. It might not be worth fighting. I too was in a similar situation few month back!
mail4loys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 15:56   #18

Hi all!
Thanks for your time and suggestions. Got to know I have lot of company here :P

What bothers me is:
1. Till now Cyclist has not realized his mistake
2. Police has supported only the lawyer
3. There was no common sense applied by the Police while accepting the FIR
4. Was thinking High court lawyers are very responsible citizens. But turned out
I am wrong.

This kind of incident is first in my life. Probably thats why im thinking a lot about this.

Thanks a lot,
Kumar.
kumar77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 19:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

The worst part of the case going to the court are:-

1. The amount of time wasted in the dates given and subsequenly re-scheduing of the hearing for another date and then another.
2. Even if you win the case you might end up giving maybe 5 times more as lawyers fees.
3. And the worst is if you loose the case the Judge might put more fine on you and also put you under probation for 1 year.

So my sincere suggestion is pay 1200/- bucks and put a stop to the FIR
deky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 20:28   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar77 View Post
3. There was no common sense applied by the Police while accepting the FIR
4. Was thinking High court lawyers are very responsible citizens. But turned out
I am wrong.

This kind of incident is first in my life. Probably thats why im thinking a lot about this.
I can understand that you are not bothered about the fine amount, but got hurt by the system putting you at fault. Now it is your choice either fight the battle or just dont even call off one. You will have to consider the proofs you have with you to win the case in court. As you mentioned I think there is nothing from your side which can prove that you were right.

So take off the emotions apart and use your brain. Now the situation is under your control. If you pay off the fine its hardly 1 weeks itching that you have done something wrong. Act on it before that chance slip away. Afterall that money is going to Government and not to the person who put you in this position.

So just have a cheers: and pay off the fine. Get rid of this crap and spend your energy on something productive. Its gonna make you happy about the decision later.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 24th November 2008 at 20:32.
HotChillyPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 20:43   #21
Senior - BHPian

Set aside your ego and Pay up. No point in arguing with the lawers as they will simply make you run around to the court a hundred times. Rs.1200 is not a huge amount as you are owning a Optra.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 20:43   #22
Senior - BHPian

Kumar77,

I had similar incident way back in 1992. A scooterist, came without lights to extreme right and hit me. His leg broke and I got a stitch in the corner of my eyes. The scooterist put a complaint on me and I was summoned to appear in court.

Some lawyer gave me advice, do not speak allegation. Just node and pay the fine ordered by judge. I was surprised at lawyer's advice, but found that he was correct. Else would have been making rounds to court to prove my innocence.

Most affected stands chance to get justice. This is Indian law.

Underline is never fight traffic case in court. coughup the fine and get on with it

I am sure others would vouch for this.

Dwarak
dwaraka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 20:45   #23
BHPian

Sorry to hear about that mate! Unfortunately this is the sad truth of our country. People who work for the law break it, proudly. Besides even if you stand up, you are the one to lose mentally and financially. That lawyer wouldnt give a monkeys.

Like all my fellow TBHPians, I would also say pay the fine but do put that rogue Corolla guy's name and car details on this thread so atleast the others are a step ahead if this happens again.
Brabus E V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 20:52   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

from what I can guess now its better to pay the fine and get off. In such cases if one wants to fight it out it requires a lot of time , money and perseverance. Filing a counter police complaint at that time with the same police station would have been appropriate.The police is bound to file a counter complaint- if they err one can file a criminal case in the Judicial Magistrate's court that directs the police to take cognisance and file the complaint and investigate.
But in such cases, instant press publicity about the high handedness of the lawyer needs to be highlighted. You should have immediately talked to the press showing your car and also passing them the Corolla's regn no. for them to see. The cyclist could have also spoken to the press for authenticating what you said.
Also its worthy to fight it out only if there's a lawyer as a close friend or family member.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 24th November 2008 at 20:53.
anjan_c2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 21:12   #25
BANNED

If you are willing to take the trouble just ask them to file a complaint and you yourself file a complaint against the lawyer and the police for acting in unreasonable manner in the incident then watch the fun . After all somebody should teach these rogues a lesson.

Last edited by zaks : 24th November 2008 at 21:13.
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 21:29   #26
BHPian

Thumbs up

Like most of them have said, it would be better to pay off & forget it, it'll save you from a lot of HEADACHE too.

CHEERS,
G D
P180V1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 21:33   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar77 View Post

Thanks a lot,
Kumar.

This is like getting a scratch on a new car, you feel miserable for a few days then you get over it.

so pay up and move on.

OR

You feel that you have been treated unfairly by the cops and the lawyer and you will go to any lengths to make them pay for it. It will cost you a lot of time, money, inconvenience, court hearings blah..blah..blah.

Not worth the trouble buddy, go for option 1.

my 2 cents

Vaseem
vaseem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 11:24   #28

Hi!
Thanks for the support and nice words guys. Will pay the fine and get out off the issue. (I may have to wait for about two months to get summons from Court.)

Thanks,
Kumar
kumar77 is offline   Reply With Quote