Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 26th November 2008, 13:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

The same happened several years back in 1995 in our society when 7HU's were robbed from the colony,But i was very happy as i used to own a M.Omni and dad never allowed me to upgrade the HU as it was some fake copy of Pioneer,and when it got robbed i upgraded to the Pioneer DEH-1150 cassette player
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 14:04   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
All it takes is a car with a aftermarket end can to set this off. Every time I start the car in my apartment basement and simply rev' it once I hear about 4/5 cars going beep beep beep .
Yeah.... every morning, when a school bus goes past my house at 8.30 am , the car alarm starts beeping..... only the school bus, no other vehicle.... weird... wonder what's with the engine vibrations of the school bus that resonates with the alarm system
sidkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2008, 23:08   #18
BHPian

this may be offtopic - but a pretty decent solution is to not use a HU at all use an amp with some PMP, would sound just as good! Crooks would come and see no head - unit - assumption - no music system, so off they go to the next car !
techn0l0gist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2008, 00:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

I would say screw the HU's with the dashboard using normal screws(two on each sides). Only problem that if you want to remove the HU yourself then it would be a big pain. Mine is done like that and even the guys at an installer's place were totally clueless how to remove it for almost 15-20 minutes(I forgot to tell them that there were screws holding them up). Yes, it still can be stolen but I doubt that the thieves will spend time on finiding the screws and steal it. I think most of the HU's are just kind of clip mounted on the dash without any screws, correct me if I'm wrong.
kaushik_s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2008, 14:47   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidkun View Post
Yeah.... every morning, when a school bus goes past my house at 8.30 am , the car alarm starts beeping..... only the school bus, no other vehicle.... weird... wonder what's with the engine vibrations of the school bus that resonates with the alarm system
You need to make the sensor a little "stiffer" / less sensitive. My Autocop box has the facility for this adjustment (some screw), but it is best for you to go to the place where you installed it from. A one minute job.

Last edited by GTO : 29th November 2008 at 14:49.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2008, 15:00   #21
BHPian

I guess some of the keyless entry/security systems have theft alert sensor/switch for HUs. MPG is one of them I heard, and that too in basic version. Not sure how does that work and model details. May be, someone who have it installed or installers here themself would be able to tell more about it.
shyamhegde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 15:33   #22

Hi guys..well, my hu(my mistake,dint take off the face plate)) and speakers were stolen that dreadful night :( .I park my car outside so i feel the only way for me to feel safe is to get the motion sensor.Contacted around 5 to 6 dealers and each one of them gave me different 'feature list' and price list for the same model of autocop.So guys can someone please help me out as to which model would be the best for about 4-6k?(am currently looking at the xs8500 and some cobra model with ultrasonic sensor..)
amar_y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 18:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar_y View Post
...to get the motion sensor.Contacted around 5 to 6 dealers and each one of them gave me different 'feature list' and price list for
What is actually required is a sensor that responds to 'motion' inside the car, not outside. Is there any such model?
anupmathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 19:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

Certain security systems go off if the stereo is fiddled with.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2008, 19:26   #25

Default Autocop with motion sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
What is actually required is a sensor that responds to 'motion' inside the car, not outside. Is there any such model?
I have one such autocop. I have two small microphone kind of stuff observing movements inside the car from the right and left corner of the windshield.

I installed this after discovering that some one tried to remove my tyres!
One morning I found only one nut on my wheels. Rest were gone!

So I installed sensor and put up a CFL low volt lamp outside my house, which now burns through out the night.
This motion sensor inside car came along with the external shock sensor.
Can be disabled using buttons on the remote. Can also be fine tuned using the buttons on the remote. A very complex sequencing is explained int he manual.
-iwg.
iwant2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2008, 09:41   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwant2go View Post
This motion sensor inside car came along with the external shock sensor.
Can be disabled using buttons on the remote. Can also be fine tuned using the buttons on the remote. A very complex sequencing is explained int he manual.
-iwg.
Could you please give me the model no of this particular autocop which you using,and where you bought it from?
Old 18th December 2008, 00:29   #27

Default Autocop with Motion sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar_y View Post
Could you please give me the model no of this particular autocop which you using,and where you bought it from?
I bought it from the Autocop guys Near South End circle (Bangalore), on RV road, next to vijaya college. I think this is a autocop service center. Not an Autocop sub dealer. There is one subdealer nearby. do not get confused with them. One way to find it out is to ask them "I have an autocop under warranty and would like to get it repaired". If he is a dealer, he points you to the service center :-)

When I bought the car, the car dealer gave me a basic autocop.
After more than a year, when I went to upgrade it to one with motion sensor,
he gave me a deal that costed me around Rs. 2000 for the upgrade.

How do I get the model number? I dont have the manual as I upgraded it from the basic version. I got a xeroxed instruction sheet for operations.
I will try to get the model number by looking around.... and if I get, I will post the model number later as I am away from the car now.
It is two years old and I cant trace the bills.
The remote is kind of horizontally stretched D shape (U with a lid on top) with only two buttons and an on/off switch.
iwant2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2008, 09:41   #28

Oh well thats all right.i'll ask them for the model no with the features you mentioned.thanks for the info
Old 18th December 2008, 10:23   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwant2go View Post
I bought it from the Autocop guys Near South End circle (Bangalore), on RV road, next to vijaya college. I think this is a autocop service center ...
I believe these guys moved out of here almost a year back. Do call up the customer care number and find out where they are situated now.

We have a thread running on AutoCop contact details. A search will get you there.
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote