Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 2nd May 2012, 20:53   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Overfilling of Diesel - Scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
There is switch in the Fuel Pipe near the opening. When pressed it releases the air from the tank and that makes space for more diesel. It does the same job as shaking the car . Now filling diesel for than the capacity sounds strange but in my case I guess Vento has a capacity of 55 litres. I have filled 60 litres. So I guess the manufacturers qoute capaicity till the Cut off point only.
Thanks for posting this. I had got my Skoda rapid's tank filled a couple of weeks back. The MID was showing that the tank was at a point between 1/2 and 3/4, which makes it roughly 62.5% Auto shut off came in at about 15-16 litres, but I asked him to fill upto the brim. The tank took some 22 litres and could have filed in more, if I had not asked him to stop at 1000/- Rs.
So now that explains it. The pump is also a trusted and recommended pump in Bangalore. (The IOC adjacent to Bowring Club on St. Marks road), so cheating is highly improbable.
hrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 22:33   #107
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: How much more fuel can a car take after Autocut?

My Alto K10 can take as good as 3 ltrs of petrol,but as I want to inform you guys that it takes in more of 1 ltr if the attendent is asked to fill petrol on first CLICK of lever which is pressed for the flow of petrol.
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2012, 15:04   #108
Senior - BHPian

I took the delivery of a new Pulsar 180 on 2nd Aug '12 with 1 ltr(3 km on ODO) petrol given by the dealer, he filled in front of me. Moved on and filled petrol worth Rs.100(1.3 ltrs.) at BTM layout(Bharat Petroleum,near Udupi Garden) as I didn't trust it but had to go till Marathalli.

Again filled up to the brim near Club HP,Cosmos Mall,Whitefield. The tank ate up 15.8 ltrs. of fuel(Rs.1194) and petrol was almost till the brim. The ODO reading was 25 kms.

Now my question is, can a Pulsar tank hold 18 ltrs. of petrol when the manual says capacity as 15 ltrs or was I cheated? If cheated, can it be as high as 3 ltrs in 15 ltrs refuelled?

I have been filling in the same pump always as it is on my way to office. Earlier I had a similar incident in my older bike,a '04 P150(18 ltrs tank capacity). I had filled in Rs.700 worth of petrol(little more than 10 ltrs), just after touching reserve and covered < 200 kms. I tanked up to the brim and it took in 13+ ltrs again.
ashis89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2013, 15:38   #109

Can a “New Maruti Dzire Ldi/Vdi/Zdi”, Owners comment, as to what is the maximum fuel tank capacity (42 liter’s), when fuel top up is done after auto cutoff ?
I have had a very odd experience, which makes me believe that I've been cheated by HP bunk on Kasturba road, Bangalore opposite Mac Donald’s.
This was new car delivered, which I believe had some diesel (2-3 liter’s), before I got the delivery the Pratham folks topped up 5 litres with a measure container.
I drove the vehicle in the city, where the displayed fuel average was around 15 kmpl, I drove approx. 30 kms and then went for a full tank.
The HP bunk folks filled 41 liter’s, when I tried to argue they said its common and they have seen the cars easily take 5-6 liter’s more than specifications.
As per my calculations, the car had 2-3 liters fuel (As per the Pratham SA), then a 5 liter’s top-up.
A drive of 30km I should have had at-least 5 liters of fuel.
Dzire capacity is 42 liters, wondering how it can take 41 liters, even with approx. 5 liter’s ?
ssk3g5 is offline   Reply With Quote