Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2008, 13:07   #106
Senior - BHPian
 
vikram_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,380
Thanked: 936 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
if you walking in the middle of the night wearing a valuable chain on ur neck , u are askin for it to be snatched.
I am really surprised with your warped sense of logic.
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 13:16   #107
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,854
Thanked: 123 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
if you walking in the middle of the night wearing a valuable chain on ur neck , u are askin for it to be snatched.
I am really surprised with your warped sense of logic.
Same here; not surprised, but shocked. So, does this mean you have never gone out of your house around mid-night? And not necessary to wear a gold chain, even your clothes might be valuable to someone!!!

Or did Bangalore go back to the stone age rules??? (or is that the Wild Wild West rules?)

Edit: I am outta here! Pointless discussion (with regard to "safety" of wheeling at 1am and the policeman's "fault" at doing their job.) As they say - You can make a blind man see, not a person acting blind.

Last edited by HappyWheels : 30th December 2008 at 13:20.
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 13:19   #108
BHPian
 
siddartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 671
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
I am really surprised with your warped sense of logic.
i wish there was a way of not acknowledging what u said !
siddartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 13:20   #109
Distinguished - BHPian
 
amitoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 2,947
Thanked: 1,584 Times
Default

I am reminded of the Delhi CM Sheila Dixit blaming the lady journalist for being out late that got her killed.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 13:23   #110
BHPian
 
siddartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 671
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Same here; not surprised, but shocked. So, does this mean you have never gone out of your house around mid-night? And not necessary to wear a gold chain, even your clothes might be valuable to someone!!!

Or did Bangalore go back to the stone age rules??? (or is that the Wild Wild West rules?)

Edit: I am outta here! Pointless discussion (with regard to "safety" of wheeling at 1am and the policeman's "fault" at doing their job.) As they say - You can make a blind man see, not a person acting blind.
pls go and ask a cop if he would tell you if its ok for you to walk (alone) with a gold chain in the middle of the night, pls dont question my logic ,

there is only one thing that i would agree with you ."TRULY POINTLESS"

Last edited by siddartha : 30th December 2008 at 13:33.
siddartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 13:30   #111
Senior - BHPian
 
vikram_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,380
Thanked: 936 Times
Default

The cop will obviously tell you not to walk down the road in the middle of the night with a gold chain. He is under paid and over worked. We all know how badly our police force is understaffed. This is the only reason they say don't do this or don't do that.

Moreover half the cops I have seen are so dis-interested in their work.
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 13:31   #112
Senior - BHPian
 
aaggoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4,628
Thanked: 1,318 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
I am reminded of the Delhi CM Sheila Dixit blaming the lady journalist for being out late that got her killed.
OK, so again we have proved we are India. We know what happens everywhere and at the core.

But let us not argue as it will be endless discussions. People are talking about rules and that makes me think why only for common man. What about everyone else. Any body can make mistakes and this includes those HUMAN BEING in Indian Army.
I am not in support of what army did. Neither in support of what that bike rider did. We are a country where people can pay money and people can take money i.e. bribe in parliament and this was on broadcast.

So we can safely stay away for using harsh words and arguing.

@mods: Can we lock this thread now. It is leading to chaos.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 30th December 2008 at 13:34.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 13:38   #113
BHPian
 
siddartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 671
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
The cop will obviously tell you not to walk down the road in the middle of the night with a gold chain. He is under paid and over worked. We all know how badly our police force is understaffed. This is the only reason they say don't do this or don't do that.

Moreover half the cops I have seen are so dis-interested in their work.
so when the cops are under paid and over worked why would u want to walk allone in the middle of the with a gold chain ,isnt that "asking for it to be snatched".?
siddartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 13:43   #114
Senior - BHPian
 
vikram_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,380
Thanked: 936 Times
Default

You are mixing up two different issues here.

If a cop has the right to chase a chain snatcher, then he also has a right to chase a wheelie doing racer because both these activities are illegal.
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 13:57   #115
BHPian
 
siddartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 671
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
You are mixing up two different issues here.

If a cop has the right to chase a chain snatcher, then he also has a right to chase a wheelie doing racer because both these activities are illegal.
so who would you rather have been caught and persecuted. ? the chain the snatcher or the "student" who was doing wheelies?

also like i have said before i am not opposing the authority of the cops .

plus the issues are already mixed up , i dont have to take the pains of mixing up issues for the sake of argument. thats already been done.
siddartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 14:22   #116
Senior - BHPian
 
vikram_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,380
Thanked: 936 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
so who would you rather have been caught and persecuted. ? the chain the snatcher or the "student" who was doing wheelies?
Both. By doing something illegal the student was just as guilty as a chain snatcher. Only difference being the chain snatcher would do it for money and student did it for fun. Sad how his fun ended. All I am saying is that he should have stopped when the cops first tried to stop him. He would be alive today albeit a little poorer by the fine.
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 14:30   #117
BHPian
 
Bubby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 495
Thanked: 152 Times
Default

To Vikram D and Siddartha,

You both are right in your own personal view points.

Lets end this here, as the guy has already lost his life. Let the jurisdiction take this further.

On a lighter note :
Both of you please dont end up chasing each other on Bangalore roads tonight

Last edited by Bubby : 30th December 2008 at 14:33.
Bubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 14:33   #118
BHPian
 
siddartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 671
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Both. By doing something illegal the student was just as guilty as a chain snatcher. Only difference being the chain snatcher would do it for money and student did it for fun. Sad how his fun ended. All I am saying is that he should have stopped when the cops first tried to stop him. He would be alive today albeit a little poorer by the fine.
i definetely did not/have/will not say what the student was doing was right/legal. my point is that the student's crime is lesser , smaller , irrelevant when compared to other crimes, and he definitely did not deserve to be hunted down.

Last edited by siddartha : 30th December 2008 at 14:36.
siddartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 14:48   #119
BHPian
 
CtrlAltDel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: HyderaGr8
Posts: 500
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
he definitely did not deserve to be hunted down.
so how would the guard know that he was a street racer and not another 'Kasab'? if the boy had only stopped and explained what he was doing, he would have got away with a few well deserved slaps.

in case he was a terrorist and the guard had not fired, what would be your reaction?
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 15:00   #120
BHPian
 
siddartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 671
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
so how would the guard know that he was a street racer and not another 'Kasab'? if the boy had only stopped and explained what he was doing, he would have got away with a few well deserved slaps.

in case he was a terrorist and the guard had not fired, what would be your reaction?
why didnt the cops who were chasing him on the roads not inform the military guards that he wasnt a terrorist ?
siddartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A simple oil change that could have gone horribly wrong in my Figo Vid6639 Technical Stuff 20 25th March 2012 10:03
Basstube setup gone wrong! raj_5004 In-Car Entertainment 3 15th December 2008 10:02
Intermittent headlight malfunction : What could have gone wrong? kvish Technical Stuff 1 22nd May 2008 15:58
When Gumball 3000 can go horribly wrong... Revvmaster The International Automotive Scene 7 27th May 2004 00:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks