Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 3rd February 2009, 09:20   #46
BHPian

Default Couple of experiences with women drivers

This happened last weekend at the sarjapur ring road signal. We were at the signal, I was in my car and next to me as a girl in her early 20s may be, was on a scooter. We were headed towards the silk board junction.
When the signal went green, this girl zoomed through and went ahead and I started at my normal pace.
After going about 200 meters or so, this girl is right in front of me and the road infront of her is completely empty and this girl is riding slow at 20KMPH or something like that very slow.
I gave a slight honk requesting her to give way, she did not oblige. I tried that another 2-3 times, still she did not budge. I just waited for a few secs and blowed my horn out for which she got scared and went left and as I was passing by, I just looked at her, she also looked at me and it looked like as if she was asking me why were you honking for no reason.

This one happened this morning while I was on my way to work. I was passing by a road where the apartment complex is right on the main road. While passing by it is very difficult to see even a bike / cycle coming out of those gates because of the trees and construction around the gate.
So I make it a point to horn when I am close to the gate so that people coming out know there is some vehicle passing by. This morning as well I gave a horn and as I went close to gates, I see a white honda city driven by a lady who looked like to be in her late 30s or early 40s completely engrossed in applying her lipstick looking into her mirror and absolutely not looking to her left from where I was coming and only looking to her right as thats the way I was heading and she also wanted to go. I just honked loud 2-3 times to get her attention and as I was passing by, I made a gesture at her asking where she was looking.

I still would respect these women drivers because they did give me the way only after honking bad at them, but most men/boys don't budge at all even after honking bad at them.
coolfyre is offline   Reply With Quote