Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 12th January 2009, 19:07   #1
BHPian

Default Earth Mover Bulldozer kills person on MG Road

Deccan Herald - Guard crushed to death at Metro site

I have noticed that Bulldozers have gone out of control in Bangalore roads, and was only waiting for this to happen. Incidents like these are very common these days and I have gone through similar stories related to Bulldozer accidents on public roads in the recent past.

They drive Bulldozers as if they are going for a joy ride !

Always all the time they are on the right/faster lane, dragging the slow traffic behind them.

Shockingly, they do not even care to follow basic rules of Caution - for example, stop-look-left-right-go considering the type of vehicle. Unbelievable.

I bet they dont even have a valid "licence".

Last week, one crane/bulldozer was being driven at night time with only 1 side headlight.

Last but not least, nobody seems to be bothered about this situation.
People usually chicken "oh..give way to the big guy"
aerohit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 19:19   #2
BHPian

What a freaky accident. That driver didnt even bother to see behind while reversing the vehicle. How can he be so careless when moving such a heavy vehicle??. Its the same with buses and trucks here. They just want to finish their job.

Last edited by mnhegde : 12th January 2009 at 19:20.
mnhegde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 21:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thats what happens when such incompetitive people handle heavy equipment.
May the victim's soul rest in peace!
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 21:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

Shocking to say the least. When it's dark, four-wheelers with only one headlight look like two-wheelers and can cause havoc.
P.S.: I request all team-bhpians to either immediately repair their headlights and or tail-lights, or refrain from using their vehicles in such situations.
Jayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 22:01   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Thats what happens when such incompetitive people handle heavy equipment.
May the victim's soul rest in peace!
i am sure you meant Incompetent -- may the person's soul RIP.
kpbhatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 01:05   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
i am sure you meant Incompetent -- may the person's soul RIP.
Exactly.Thanks for the correction.
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2015, 17:16   #7
BHPian

Thumbs down Re: Earth Mover Bulldozer kills person on MG Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Deccan Herald - Guard crushed to death at Metro site

I have noticed that Bulldozers have gone out of control in Bangalore roads, and was only waiting for this to happen. Incidents like these are very common these days and I have gone through similar stories related to Bulldozer accidents on public roads in the recent past.

They drive Bulldozers as if they are going for a joy ride !

Always all the time they are on the right/faster lane, dragging the slow traffic behind them.

Shockingly, they do not even care to follow basic rules of Caution - for example, stop-look-left-right-go considering the type of vehicle. Unbelievable.

I bet they dont even have a valid "licence".

Last week, one crane/bulldozer was being driven at night time with only 1 side headlight.

Last but not least, nobody seems to be bothered about this situation.
People usually chicken "oh..give way to the big guy"

OK. I know this is an old thread, but I think of this every-time I see a bulldozer on the road.

Most of them have KA registration numbers, though there are a few out-of-state ones too. Does this mean the RTO approves the use of these dangerous vehicles on the road? I have even seen these on Hosur road (NH).

I bet, none of the "operators" have a licence to operate this earthmoving vehicle, they may have a drivers licence for a taxi cab though.

On what basis did the RTO allow these sort of "vehicles" on the road? What does the MV act allow? Seems clearly illegal to me.

Not only bulldozers, by vehicles such as cranes and other heavy vehicles operate with audacity on the already congested roads filled with "naked" two wheeler riders. I think the RTO is being irresponsible by allowing such vehicles that pose a danger to all two wheeler riders and pedestrians.

The other nuisance created by such vehicles is that they are slow moving and thus effectively block roads.

Oh, did I forget to mention tractors doing duty as water tankers, people movers,... outside the farm?

What should be done to ban these vehicles from the roads?
mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2015, 17:23   #8
BHPian

Default Re: Earth Mover Bulldozer kills person on MG Road

They are all over india, driven by minors, on highways, on the right lane
aerohit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2015, 18:02   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
On what basis did the RTO allow these sort of "vehicles" on the road? What does the MV act allow? Seems clearly illegal to me.

Not only bulldozers, by vehicles such as cranes and other heavy vehicles operate with audacity on the already congested roads filled with "naked" two wheeler riders. I think the RTO is being irresponsible by allowing such vehicles that pose a danger to all two wheeler riders and pedestrians.

What should be done to ban these vehicles from the roads?
I totally understand your concern here, but I do not see how these things can be transported to the location where they need to be utilized, if not by road.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2015, 18:13   #10
Senior - BHPian

I have not seen anyone driving Bulldozer on Indian roads. If you mean backhoe loader (commonly known as JCB in India ), yes they are allowed to drive on Indian roads. They need to be certified by ARAI just like any other motor vehicles in India.
Latheesh is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2015, 20:58   #11
Senior - BHPian

They need to be transported on trailers like everywhere else. Excusing them for driving on roads is causing public nuisance and road damage.
apachelongbow is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2015, 22:06   #12
Senior - BHPian

Today (in peak rush hour traffic) at 0845, one such retard was driving a JCB backhoe in an alarming manner from Hebbal to Mekhri Circle!

These should be banned from all arterial roads during peak hours.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2015, 10:50   #13
BHPian

Angry Re: Earth Mover Bulldozer kills person on MG Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
They are all over india, driven by minors, on highways, on the right lane
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
I totally understand your concern here, but I do not see how these things can be transported to the location where they need to be utilized, if not by road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I have not seen anyone driving Bulldozer on Indian roads...
Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
They need to be transported on trailers like everywhere else. Excusing them for driving on roads is causing public nuisance and road damage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Today (in peak rush hour traffic) one such retard was driving a JCB backhoe in an alarming manner
From what I gather, in most countries, one cannot "drive" the equipment on roads!! You must have a Class A commercial license to transport it. There is other certification for "Operating" heavy equipment.

Don't know about the MV Act - as with any Indian Govt. document, it is full of obfuscated terminology, understood only by the babus.

And here is the law in a civilized state:

Anytime that the blade protrudes beyond the transporting vehicle, bulldozers, front-end-loaders and
similar equipment shall be loaded with the rear of the machine facing the front when being transported
on Alabama’s highways. The exception to this rule is "V" blades and similar blade configurations used
by the forest industry. Machines being transported with these blades intact shall be loaded with the
blade toward the front
Attached Images

mvadg is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote