Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Closed Thread

Old 4th February 2009, 08:34   #1
BHPian

Default Morning street experience...

This happened while I was on my way to work this morning about a couple of hours ago.
I was in my car, enjoying 94.3 Radio One FM station.
Then came along a school van I think in which there were some girls. The appeared to be like 13 / 14 / 15 year old not more than that.
My car and the school van was almost going parallel to each other.
Then one girl shouted at me waving her hand and said Hi. I just looked at her gave a smile and turned towards the front to concentrate on the road ahead of me.
After this all girls were teasing me, someone was winking at me, someone was calling me and saying Hi, someone was asking for my phone number, someone was sending flying kisses towards me etc.
This whole thing went on for about 5 mins or so until a point came where they had to turn right and I had to go straight.
At this point I think the girls realised this and as their van was about to take a right turn, all the girls who were teasing me came to their windows and waved their hands shouting bye, have a nice day etc.
Then they went their way and I went my way.
This incident has set a nice mood for the rest of the day.

Anybody else would like to share some nice experiences like this along the road which made you feel good?
Old 4th February 2009, 09:45   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Lucky you!
All i get is mostly an expression that says, "what is that thing thats driving a car??"
Old 4th February 2009, 09:53   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfyre View Post
....The appeared to be like 13 / 14 / 15 year old not more than that.
After this all girls were teasing me, someone was winking at me, someone was calling me and saying Hi, someone was asking for my phone number, someone was sending flying kisses towards me etc....
Oh man, what has the world come to. First of all, 13 yr olds doing this -- and you feeling good about it and setting a nice tone for the rest of the day.!!!!
Old 4th February 2009, 09:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Lucky you!
All i get is mostly an expression that says, "what is that thing thats driving a car??"
Would love to hear what is commented when asked, looking at you while driving !!
Old 4th February 2009, 09:59   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Would love to hear what is commented when asked, looking at you while driving !!
Didnt understand the question.
But am sure if i were to talk directly to people carrying that expression, they would probably say, "OMG! It speaks!!!"
Old 4th February 2009, 10:02   #6
BHPian

LOL. While reading the first few lines, I thought because of all the attention, you lost concentration and crashed into someone . Good that nothing of that sort happened and set you into a nice mood.
Old 4th February 2009, 10:05   #7
BHPian

I do cross a lot of schools and school buses on my way to work, but most of them are kids.
Old 4th February 2009, 10:11   #8
BHPian

Sometimes, Kids, I mean the younger ones , maybe 5 year old ones always smile or say Hi to you when you look at them in a school van. This happens esp when you are stuck in traffic and have time to look around. They respond pretty innocently and it makes your day pretty much.

Some talk (sign language) I have with kids :

Hi

Your dress is good

Which School (Dump question, but it lifts the kids spirits )

Byeeeeeeeeeeeee

Had your breakfast

and the like
Old 4th February 2009, 10:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After this all girls were teasing me, someone was winking at me, someone was calling me and saying Hi, someone was asking for my phone number, someone was sending flying kisses towards me etc.

Anybody else would like to share some nice experiences like this along the road which made you feel good?
Hmmm... The only thing i can think of after your incident is the upcoming movie Dev D !!

Lucky You !!
Old 4th February 2009, 10:13   #10
BHPian

Quote:
This happened while I was on my way to work this morning about a couple of hours ago.

When I read the title, I also thought you got distracted and banged into somebody..

Oh yes. Not the girls, but many times I have crossed school buses and if we make eye contact, they invariably smile or wave. Very refreshing. I remember once me having a whale of a time with a kid in a Verna, driving from Mysore. Most of the trip I was following this car and the kid initially was intrigued but later smiled, waved, gave kisses and it was lot of fun. The parents( I think so ) also enjoyed the kids actions and it felt nice.

Nainar
Old 4th February 2009, 10:23   #11
Senior - BHPian

Cool experience to kick start a mid week day. Exactly how did they tease you ?
Old 4th February 2009, 10:47   #12
Senior - BHPian

bachche to bachche, baap re baap.

btw, what were those children[?] calling you? uncle or grandpa?
Old 4th February 2009, 10:54   #13
Senior - BHPian

Just smile and wave boys, smile and wave

Most of the times there are kids in the rear window of the school buses who wave out to you. Its good fun at times. But you had 15 year old girls waving at you. No wonder you enjoyed your Emotional Athyachar
Old 4th February 2009, 11:30   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
LOL. While reading the first few lines, I thought because of all the attention, you lost concentration and crashed into someone . Good that nothing of that sort happened and set you into a nice mood.

I also exactly thought same way as he may had some bad experience on road. Sure, it is nice experience and feel one get when KIDS responds to them.
Old 4th February 2009, 11:41   #15
BHPian

@coolfyre:

would you be aligning your travel time to the bus time by any chance?
Closed Thread