Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 7th February 2009, 20:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

Manoj,

Sorry to hear about the accident, but you should be glad that the car was able to take the damage and keep you dad safe. As mentioned in the above posts, machine can be fixed but not human life.

And as for the driver of the other vehicle, same thought as Aditya. But since you might be having the number, make a case against him. At least let the owner pay the price.
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 20:46   #17
BHPian

it should only be happy happy. dad is there with you and thats above everything mate. wish him a speedy recovery!!
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2009, 15:21   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Glad to know that your father is okay. We wish him a speedy recovery!

Quote:
Left side of my Wagon R looked like a semi circle.
I'd like to see how the WagonR took the knock. Can you upload pictures as soon as you are able to?
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 13:26   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Glad to know that your father is okay. We wish him a speedy recovery!

I'd like to see how the WagonR took the knock. Can you upload pictures as soon as you are able to?

I am still running around the Police station, will try to post the pictures tonight.

A real hearty thanks to all of you for your wishes, indeed I am very happy Dad is alright.
manojgautham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 14:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

Manoj, I'm glad to hear that your Father's OK. Don't worry about the car, its frustrating but cam be fixed. Hope the terminator can be traced
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2009, 15:31   #21
BHPian

Was busy trying to get the vehicle back from the station. Have collected all documents from the police station and wish to file a case against the terminator.

Experts, please comment on what needs to be done.

Posting pictures of the car.

Road accident - mixed feelings-img_2945.jpg

Road accident - mixed feelings-img_2946.jpg

Road accident - mixed feelings-img_2947.jpg

Road accident - mixed feelings-img_2948.jpg

Road accident - mixed feelings-img_2949.jpg
Old 10th February 2009, 15:39   #22
BHPian

I was literally horrified after looking at the vehicle. Not much damage on the terminator.

Road accident - mixed feelings-img_2943.jpg

Road accident - mixed feelings-img_2944.jpg
Old 10th February 2009, 15:43   #23
Senior - BHPian

Eeeh.. Looks too bad to me !! But alas, good to know your father is in fair condition after such an incident. One can judge the Terminator's speed after looking at the bent !!

BTW, Was it towed or driven from police station ?? Though it dosen't look into drivable position anyhow.
ashthedivx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2009, 16:07   #24
BHPian

hi,unfortunate incident, glad to know your father is fine , wishing speedy recovery .
rm_arjuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2009, 16:08   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Eeeh.. Looks too bad to me !! But alas, good to know your father is in fair condition after such an incident. One can judge the Terminator's speed after looking at the bent !!

BTW, Was it towed or driven from police station ?? Though it dosen't look into drivable position anyhow.
Surprisingly it was driven to the police station and then driven from the station to Bangalore.
Old 10th February 2009, 16:13   #26
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the car took it well. And there hardly seems to be any damage caused by this accident to the other vehicle!!!

Looking at the number of the other vehicle, I get a funny feeling! I hope you are able to pin the owner, the proper owner, of the said vehicle.

And, how is your dad doing? Hope he had recovered well.
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2009, 16:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

The Wagon R took this one very well. The truck chassis dont have any type or crumple zones or energy absorbing zones. So all the impact was to be taken by the Wagon R side beams which was done by the car in great fashion. The truck chassis in India are we can say " rigid " compared to passenger cars where the entire body shell is made energy absorbing.
So in this case, the rigid object rammed into an energy absorbing zone and all the energy carried by terminator was to be taken by Wagon R's side impact beams and B-pillar.

Again, the Wagon R took it very well when consider the rigid terminator.

This bring me to another crash. A month or so ago, a driver was taking a brand new Hyundai Santro Xing from stockyard to showroom. A truck mostly 1530 rammed this car from left side. The car was crushed so badly that in the photograph I saw in gujarati daily, the head was cut away from the body of the driver and the literally the head was hanigng out by some vein or something.

I am posting this hyundai Santro incident just to prove how dangerous our trucks are.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2009, 16:26   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Looks like the car took it well. And there hardly seems to be any damage caused by this accident to the other vehicle!!!

Looking at the number of the other vehicle, I get a funny feeling! I hope you are able to pin the owner, the proper owner, of the said vehicle.

And, how is your dad doing? Hope he had recovered well.
The owner of the vehicle had come to the police station, he hasn't bought the driver. All documents of the vehicle were in order.

Now the police has also advised me to claim from the other party's insurance. Can someone throw some light on how this can be done. I hear the money comes in only after the court decides, does that mean I need to get the vehicle repaired with my money and then claim it from the court?