Team-BHP - Road accident - mixed feelings
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Road accident - mixed feelings (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/53085-road-accident-mixed-feelings.html)

I am writing this with mixed feelings, at times you feel sad and happy. I guess this is one of those times for me.

I left a little early from office today to drop my wife and kids at my in-laws. Reason I was planning a trip to Tirupati with my colleagues the next day. My wife called my mom for some reason, my mom was in tears. She said Dad has met with an accident near Chintamani while he was returning from Madanapalli. Did a turn and returned home (took a long time, all thanks to Bangalore's evening traffic).

My brother in law was waiting at home and we left to Chintamani immediately. While driving my b-i-l was continuously on the phone. I was driving with a thousand things in my mind. Before we reached I spoke to my Father and he said he was alright. That was seriously a very big burden off my head.

On reaching Chintamani Dad said he was at the local police station. Went there and saw the vehicles involved.

While Dad was returning to Bangalore, at an intersection a TATA mini lorry hit his car on the left side. He did not remember anything as he fell unconscious as soon as the Terminator (TATA mini lorry) hit the car. Fortunately there was another person in the car. All thanks to him he took care of him till he regained consciousness. At that point of time they we en route to the hospital in Chintamani. Terminator’s driver ran away from the scene as soon he hit car.
The Sad Part: Left side of my Wagon R looked like a semi circle. The front left seat has moved towards the right one. Not to mention the glass shattered at all places. I don’t know the extent of the damage, need to check that out.
The Happy Part: Dad is alright, he is hurt on his forehead, but things are under control. I thanked the almighty for my Father’s well being in spite of the car’s condition.
Police says they need to get the vehicle certified by the RTA and we can collect the vehicle after that. Need to see if this happens on Saturday or on Monday.
Did not take any photographs, will surely post them shortly……………………

Good to hear your father is alright. Cars can be fixed or bought anew, don't worry about that.

Yup, you can't put a value on human life. As long as a life is saved, everything else is Ok. You can always get a new car in future, so cheer up.

Jaan Hai Toh Jahaan Hai... Machines are repairable.. Life isnt.. So cheer up!!! Wish your Dad a speedy recovery..

Sorry to hear that,Manoj. Good to know your dad's fine,though. Thank God that the accident wasn't severe!

Quote:

Originally Posted by manojgautham (Post 1161774)
I am writing this with mixed feelings, at times you feel sad and happy. I guess this is one of those times for me.

There is no reason to feel sad, but you must feel only happy. What good news other than learning that your father only had minor injury ? I am happy about this news. The value of human life is infinitely more than the value of a car that bore the burnt of this crash. Dont let that Terminator drive go for free. He will otherwise hit someone else some day with greater intensity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 1161825)
There is no reason to feel sad, but you must feel only happy. What good news other than learning that your father only had minor injury ? I am happy about this news. The value of human life is infinitely more than the value of a car that bore the burnt of this crash. Dont let that Terminator drive go for free. He will otherwise hit someone else some day with greater intensity.

+1. My sentiments exactly.

You must only feel happy. A car can always be repaired or replaced but imagine if something had happened to your father.
And there's nothing we can do about these morons on the road, i feel like saying a lot more but the mods would kill me if i did :D.

Manoj, nice to know your father is well. Dont worry about the car, that can always be repaired.

Thank God your father is alright. Cars can always be repaired/replaced. Cheer up mate.

Unfortunate incident but still assuring that your father is fine with a minor injury.

Dont worry and be with your family especially your father and mother, that'll heal the memory scars faster :)

Sorry to hear about the accident. But happy to hear that your dad is safe :) These days, even simple accidents cause a lot of human pain (even if its far from being anything like fatal). Car can be repaired.

On a side note, I like what we have in India - We always have a good samaritan around who is always there to helpout (I hear there are cheats too nowadays who just are curious of your valuables) which is a luxury when compared to other countries. If only they were medically knowledgeable to adminster the basic first aid, it would've been great. With EMRI/1062/... services becoming a common sight around our highways, I hope our roads would have the necessary emergency support services available in case of such situations going forward always.

Its good to knowthat nothing happened to your father. But just find out whatz the root cause. From your explanation, it appears that the tata driver is at fault.

Car can be repaired and you also can claim insurance for this damage.

Wish your dad a speedy recovery.

Manoj, wishing your dad a very speedy recovery and back to driving...!

Don't let the Lorry driver go scot-free. I'm sure someone must have noted the number. Please take this to its logical end.