Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences

Old 11th February 2009, 19:51   #46
Senior - BHPian

tbh, there isnt much of a point spending 9k for just the LED stop lamps. if you want ,buy an extra swift rear stop lamp and send it to me. let me see if I can cram it with LED's

I'm always up for more experimentation, especially when someone is sponsoring!

Last edited by greenhorn : 11th February 2009 at 19:52.
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 20:41   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Was wondering, how about putting a musical brake like those CT100/Star City dudes up north do. I press the brake and you'll have a musical Tata Young - Dhoom machaaaaaaale!

SOOOOPERB IDEA!
No biker will ever come close to you then. They will be too busy falling all over themselves when the hear your Swift Mxi
Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 21:26   #48
Senior - BHPian

greenie, while you're at it, integrate a flasher into the light. Works even better in catching bikers' attention.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 02:20   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... I press the brake and you'll have a musical Tata Young - Dhoom machaaaaaaale!
Would be better to put something more harsh, like a screaming sound saying "Stop Stop Stop"! Putting Dhoom Machaaaalleee and he will try more zooming and get too close to hear the source of the music!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
greenie, while you're at it, integrate a flasher into the light. Works even better in catching bikers' attention.
Mmm... might also include one of those stop signs to pop up, just like the ones that the school buses have... jk!!!
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 11:05   #50
Senior - BHPian

I will suggest, instead of buying leds for 9k, buy two rear bumpers as spare. they will be more useful.

take it easy.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 14:30   #51
Senior - BHPian

Default Battle scars and No claim bonus

Hmm,

I am surprised you paid! I would have started off by demanding. If nothing else, I would have escaped having to pay him. On occassion I have got even auto guys to shell out.

I agree that a few 'battle scars' are inevitable and that they also sound a warning to people around not to get too close. I have found that when my cars are immaculate, more people take pangas, they lay off once a few scratches come on.

Check out how much you will lose on your "no-cliam bonus" before deciding to make that insurance claim. Before a replacement try pushing the inner metal support back in place. If you can do it, the plastic outer will get back in shape but might be warped a little. If you do not like the look, you can replace later.

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 14:35   #52
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everyone for the comments. I've decided to wait for some more time. Now that 1 month honeymoon is officially over

Raveendra,
Do you think I wanted to pay after having a look at my bumper ? The moment this happened, 6-7 good for nothing fellows who have nothing to do in world come up to me and say its my fault and all that. None of them knew English. Can't help it there. The only point I made was whatever has happened, dont blame me for this nonsense. The biker was slightly injured with a couple of bruises. So they wanted me to take him to the hospital, which I was least interested, and was getting late too. So I just paid up and left.

But all these are part and parcel of a 4-wheeler ownership in India. No matter what happens, the bigger vehicle is always at fault (Exceptions include trucks and buses anyways).
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 16:42   #53
BHPian

Guys,

I think enough had been discussed on price, work involved and incident scenario.

I myself had been in such situation 3 times in last 3 years with all three brand new cars (Swift & SX4)

Lets not discuss how it happen but the scenario was, I was banged from behind all three times and as per traffic regulation person who hits from behind is at fault.

First incident a lady driver runaway twice after hitting my still standing 10 day old Swift, ultimately launched an FIR no result till now. This cost me about Rs 3000 to repair 10 days old scratch less swift at Local Maruti Shop.(Still having minor damaged rear bumper available for team mate near n around in need)

In second incident a Diesel Auto ( 8-10 Seater, called Chhakda in Gujarat) hit rear non driving end on round about. Caught the Auto drunk auto driver runaway after accident called police brought in the Auto to Police Station launched FIR no result. This accident cost me about Rs. 9000 to repair my month old SX4.

Third incident happen in Surat, near one of the busiest traffic signal a Activa Scooter guy hit my Still standing SX4 from rear at a red traffic signal, this time had enough incident to loose patience never wanted to launch any FIR got down from car with clear mind either componsation or equivalant damage to opponent. Got my composation paid.

Moral from the incident I learnt is settle it mutually if you are at benifit.
Approach or let your opponent approach police as a last option.

Irrespective of whether you are at fault or not FIR will never serve any purpose in minor accident.

A lot to be done to make our traffic sense and regulation effective.
Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 18:48   #54
Senior - BHPian

I've a small query and it is OT. While the law of the land is same everywhere, it seems interpretation is different at difeerent places.

What I want to know is that when you registered a FIR, did they not ask you to leave your vehicles as case material and then get it released on supardari from the court the next day?

I ask this because a few months back while travelling in the Metro in Delhi my mobile was picked at teh Chandini Chowk station and I immediately caight the pickpocket. Called in the police and handed him over. When I was about to leave thinking my job was over, the SI asked me that if I was pressing charges then have to leave my mobile as case material that could be released on supardari from court the next day.

Well, the mobile was like my right hand and couldn't part. Hence with the tail firmly between the legs walked away fuming....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
Guys,

First incident a lady driver runaway twice after hitting my still standing 10 day old Swift, ultimately launched an FIR no result till now. This cost me about Rs 3000 to repair 10 days old scratch less swift at Local Maruti Shop.(Still having minor damaged rear bumper available for team mate near n around in need)

In second incident a Diesel Auto ( 8-10 Seater, called Chhakda in Gujarat) hit rear non driving end on round about. Caught the Auto drunk auto driver runaway after accident called police brought in the Auto to Police Station launched FIR no result. This accident cost me about Rs. 9000 to repair my month old SX4.
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2009, 21:01   #55
Senior - BHPian

I'm glad that I waited. The bumper is slowly getting back to shape (I think ). It's taking its sweet own time, but I can see some improvement there. I'll hold back the plans to go to MASS and save some moolah for the rainy days
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2009, 21:40   #56
Senior - BHPian

buy one of those suction type cloth hangers and try using them to pull the dents slightly outward.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...t-rs-12-a.html
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 02:27   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm glad that I waited. The bumper is slowly getting back to shape (I think ). It's taking its sweet own time, but I can see some improvement there. I'll hold back the plans to go to MASS and save some moolah for the rainy days
FH,

Are you sure it is getting back to shape or are you just getting used to it?
Old 16th February 2009, 02:42   #58
BHPian

HappyWheels dont you like to see a fellow bhpian happy?
anil bhai it will pop out some time soon with the temperature rising lately.
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 03:34   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
HappyWheels dont you like to see a fellow bhpian happy?
anil bhai it will pop out some time soon with the temperature rising lately.
Guess that explains my nick; I am not HappyBumper!

But hey, I would be more than happy if our friends bumper gets back into shape, at least close to proper shape, without it burning a hole in his pocket.

(OT: Go back to sleep, White_Vdi! )
Old 16th February 2009, 10:57   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader
I'm glad that I waited. The bumper is slowly getting back to shape (I think). It's taking its sweet own time, but I can see some improvement there. I'll hold back the plans to go to MASS and save some moolah for the rainy days
Cost of replacing bumper based on MASS advice : 1700
Loss due to NCB lost next year : 2300 (approx).
-------
Total damage to wallet : 4000

Listening to tbhp-ians and avoiding the said damage + seeing the bumper come back to normal : PRICELESS.

There are somethings a MASS can't do; For everything else, there is TBHP.

EDIT : So, FH, you owe each one of us who asked you to hold on the bumper replacement, a beer.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 16th February 2009 at 10:58.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote