Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street Experiences


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2009, 22:05   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
pranavt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,628
Thanked: 272 Times
Default

Holy **** that Cedia and the taxis look in bad condition. Hopefully you don't have to do too many rounds of the court. The kid is lucky enough to not have hit bystanders/pedestrians in this whole mess.

Last edited by pranavt : 23rd February 2009 at 22:08.
pranavt is offline  
Old 23rd February 2009, 23:52   #17
BHPian
 
white_vdi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: new delhi
Posts: 842
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

dude that taxi is a goner!!
even the roof gave in. now that is one scary crash.
white_vdi is offline  
Old 23rd February 2009, 23:55   #18
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,229
Thanked: 21,888 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
....Then what pissed me off is that the father says that his elder son also got into a similar situation by banging into a horse carriage and the cops harassed them with court cases (he had injured people in that case) and so i should not give a statement. I'm like, shouldn't the first case have opened the eyes of the father? .....


That kid is seriously seriously lucky not to have blood on his hands right now!!! It could have been easily been disastrous, especially at 5+pm !!

Glad to see you are doing as much as you can here, and within reasonable limits to ensure that no smudging happens with the officials.

Let us know if you want this accident split to its own thread.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd February 2009 at 23:56.
Rehaan is offline  
Old 23rd February 2009, 23:56   #19
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,947
Thanked: 4,765 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
dude that taxi is a goner!!
even the roof gave in. now that is one scary crash.
Yeah man... i can still recollect the crash vividly!

Come to think of it, i think the kid slammed the brakes and depressed the clutch as well, thereby disengaging the engine. Maybe engine assisted braking could have helped...

EDIT: You are the mod rehaan. Take a call. If you think it does warrant one, split it. I still have a long story of the police station to post... just too tired to type so much now.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 23rd February 2009 at 23:57.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline  
Old 24th February 2009, 00:24   #20
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,660
Thanked: 6,084 Times
Default

oh boy so thats the pileup that happened on marine drive. saw it and i was like shiiiit. that cab sure took a beating.

tejas were u taking pictures with you dslr? i think i mightve seen u.
Akshay1234 is offline  
Old 24th February 2009, 00:25   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
Dippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 7,261
Thanked: 142 Times
Default

Tejas, these troublesome kids seem to keep you busy these days.

On a serious note, it was right of you to go ahead to the cop station with that kid. What you have quoted of his father saying to you is always what these rich brat's parents come up with everytime their child gets into an incident like this. I feel even the father of this guy should be punished if he hasn't learnt a lesson from his elder son's mistake. And he actually thinks thats banning driving for 6 months and letting you slap him will put everything to rest? No way. The state of the Padmini taxi gives a good idea at what the speed of impact must be. What did the Meru bang into? Any pics of that car?

I am waiting to hear the rest of the story.

Last edited by Dippy : 24th February 2009 at 00:26.
Dippy is offline  
Old 24th February 2009, 00:47   #22
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,947
Thanked: 4,765 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
tejas were u taking pictures with you dslr? i think i mightve seen u.
Nah, the pics are from my iphone... my hands were shivering for five minutes after the crash due to the adrenaline rush. Can't imagine the kid and taxi guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Tejas, these troublesome kids seem to keep you busy these days.

What did the Meru bang into? Any pics of that car?

I am waiting to hear the rest of the story.
I don't recollect that car. Because that fellow didn't bother to stop. Just drove away once the signal turned green. I think it was another fiat taxi...

As for the other part of the story, it unfolds in the cop station. I'm still contemplating whether i should put it up on an open forum. Will consult a few police contacts tomorrow first before i post anything.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 24th February 2009 at 00:49.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline  
Old 24th February 2009, 00:51   #23
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,660
Thanked: 6,084 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Nah, the pics are from my iphone... my hands were shivering for five minutes after the crash due to the adrenaline rush. Can't imagine the kid and taxi guys.
in that case he mustve been press. i guess this is gonna be in the papers tomorrow.
Akshay1234 is offline  
Old 24th February 2009, 00:56   #24
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,600
Thanked: 6,686 Times
Default

Gripping stuff, Tejas.

You probably would be glad of a long, long period of boring, uneventful driving!
Thad E Ginathom is offline  
Old 24th February 2009, 00:59   #25
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 46
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

This could have been fatal. Poor taxi guy. Even waiting at a signal can be life threatening thanks to driver's like this (Cedia).
Sad thing is, Taxi guy doesn't even have seat belts, forget Airbags. While the guy at fault is safely surrounded with both (Not that I wanted the Cedia guy to get hurt or anything).
Waiting to hear the rest of the story.
overboost! is offline  
Old 24th February 2009, 01:01   #26
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,947
Thanked: 4,765 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
in that case he mustve been press. i guess this is gonna be in the papers tomorrow.
Maybe i can sell my story. Sorry poor joke... searching for a silver lining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Gripping stuff, Tejas.

You probably would be glad of a long, long period of boring, uneventful driving!
I seriously wouldn't mind an uneventful drive compared to this. I've seen quite a few accidents (even unfortunately with people being killed) but never this intensity and so much closeness. I can still feel the impact.
I just took a drive now and was driving at half my usual speed... If this happened to me, i don't know how that kid will drive?
Tejas@perioimpl is offline  
Old 24th February 2009, 01:01   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
Nitin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,301
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Excellent job Tejas. Good luck with the proces, but please be careful at all times. If the boy's family is an affluent one,they may go to any end to stop you from giving a statement. I'm not trying to scare, but requesting you be on your guard and be alert.
Nitin is offline  
Old 24th February 2009, 01:20   #28
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,600
Thanked: 6,686 Times
Default

Quote:
If this happened to me, i don't know how that kid will drive?
I'd hazzard a guess that there is a 15% chance he'll be too scared to drive a car again for ages, and an 85% chance that he'll think he now knows what he did wrong and can go faster next time.

It's not ignorance that is dangerous, so much as denial of it.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2009, 01:21   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
pranavt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,628
Thanked: 272 Times
Default

Since they were begging him to ignore the whole thing, I think they don't have any pull with anyone. Specially the mom requesting him to let go part. Besides, Doctors have it easy with the cops than most other professions
pranavt is offline  
Old 24th February 2009, 01:46   #30
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,947
Thanked: 4,765 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Excellent job Tejas. Good luck with the proces, but please be careful at all times. If the boy's family is an affluent one,they may go to any end to stop you from giving a statement. I'm not trying to scare, but requesting you be on your guard and be alert.
I know exactly what you mean. But i am the as they say, "sava sher". Anyways, just so as not to get matters complicated, i still haven't posted the rest of my story. Tomo i have an appoint with my DCP. Then i will see what can be done. but i'm still shocked at the way the kid drove and the complete lack of remorse on his face afterwards!

I'm sure team-bhians will provide "security" if the need be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I'd hazzard a guess that there is a 15% chance he'll be too scared to drive a car again for ages, and an 85% chance that he'll think he now knows what he did wrong and can go faster next time.

It's not ignorance that is dangerous, so much as denial of it.
You are absolutely spot on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Since they were begging him to ignore the whole thing, I think they don't have any pull with anyone. Specially the mom requesting him to let go part. Besides, Doctors have it easy with the cops than most other professions
That is (fortunately for me) correct, specially the last statement! Only thing is that the point nitin was making was to be aware of the family, not the cops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overboost!
This could have been fatal. Poor taxi guy. Even waiting at a signal can be life threatening thanks to driver's like this (Cedia).
Sad thing is, Taxi guy doesn't even have seat belts, forget Airbags. While the guy at fault is safely surrounded with both (Not that I wanted the Cedia guy to get hurt or anything).
Waiting to hear the rest of the story.
In a way the lack of seat belts saved the cabbie. The front back rest completely gave way and came in the front pushing the driver under the steering and dash. With the belts on, he would have been crushed!


EDIT: One thing is for sure, although i hate cabbies generally, i want this cabbie to be completely compensated. I will not give up without that!

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 24th February 2009 at 01:53.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Caught on CCTV: Speeding i20 damages our parked car. How do we track it down? Blackbolt Street Experiences 53 2nd April 2016 16:57
Assam bans sale of Alto, Swift, i10, Eon, Jazz and several other small cars S2!!! The Indian Car Scene 134 1st September 2015 16:12
My Maruti 800 crash: A first-hand account Samridh Street Experiences 102 11th August 2015 12:19
Wise decision-First hand car or second hand car Surprise Hatchbacks 51 4th October 2009 20:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks